Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Official EPT Monte Carlo thread

last part is fair, and this is certainly not a standard play, but I"m just saying I have been in table dyamics where you know this is going to happen. It usually happens at a very soft player that has 2 super aggros near each other, and its worth going for because there's soooo much value in killing him and gaining complete control of yoru scared little table. The future value of this play is so much larger then just the chips he would have had and I stand by the statement that if junglen felt that this dynamic was happening that he should have gone with it
Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with it is it's either marginally good ... or unbelievably horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

the call is either good or bad, it cant be both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did he say it was both? Maybe you should put some extra time into reading skills (not poker reading).

[/ QUOTE ]

steve knew what i was talking about -- thats enough for me.

edit: and fwiw, 25/25 on lsat reading comp
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 AM

I think some of you underestimate the amount of good hands that PA wouldn't bet here (it's a dry flop, nothing to charge), he probably won't bet JJ, QJ etc., if he does not view Adam as world class he is going to bet all the bad hands and the best hands but check a lot of good hands, if his preflop 3-bet range here is wide it makes it a quite easy call. Phil Ivey should have folded vs. him in this spot because vs. him PA is more concerned about having a good metagame, vs. Adam he is more concerned about FE and pot control.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think some of you underestimate the amount of good hands that PA wouldn't bet here (it's a dry flop, nothing to charge), he probably won't bet JJ, QJ etc., if he does not view Adam as world class he is going to bet all the bad hands and the best hands but check a lot of good hands, if his preflop 3-bet range here is wide it makes it a quite easy call. Phil Ivey should have folded vs. him in this spot because vs. him PA is more concerned about having a good metagame, vs. Adam he is more concerned about FE and pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you say Ivey should have folded?

The problem i have with this call, if adam puts him on a huge range of pure bluffs/ draws/ bottom pair or AK, he still is not ahead or barely ahead of Patriks range.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is a bit of "opposite"-poker in the way I think he might be thinking here. Vs Ivey he doesn't play opposite poker, vs so good players you play regularily it's a losing strategy.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is a bit of "opposite"-poker in the way I think he might be thinking here. Vs Ivey he doesn't play opposite poker, vs so good players you play regularily it's a losing strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, they have been going at it all day and im sure he recognized Adam as a very good player, as he is, hes not just play opposite poker, Patrik good easily bee value betting thin, if he thinks he will be looked up thin.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, they have been going at it all day and im sure he recognized Adam as a very good player, as he is, hes not just play opposite poker, Patrik good easily bee value betting thin, if he thinks he will be looked up thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is to be a good thinking player throwing a few good punches, another thing is to be tough enough to look up PA thin on such a push in a 10k-tourney. Do you really think PA assumed Adam was that?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 AM

you guys are all nits and I hope you're all never able to find the value in this hand
Old 03-30-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are all nits and I hope you're all never able to find the value in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, first time i have ever been called a nit.

i usually hate to fold.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 AM

lol

i'm not crazy about it for the same reason i'm not crazy about getting QQ allin vs AK.

$EV /=/ cEV in an absolute vacuum