Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: the well: KRANTZ

If I were to review all the strategy posts of any 3 posters besides you and fgators who should they be?
best pizza topping combo?
what should I have for dinner?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever 4-bet shove bluffing?

Lately I've been doing some high variance experimentation since I 4-bet shove AK, KK and AA. I obviously have been only shoving with crap with a good read, but I have been getting some strange calls like AQ when they have no reason to suspect I am FOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't 4-bet bluff shove that often, but i 5-bet bluff shove all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been experimenting (or at least wanting to) with when to 5 bet bluff shove. I 3 bet preflop quite a bit and I get 4 bet a decent amount. If you suspect it's a bluff, would you shove with any two cards? Or do you wait until you have an Ax hand or something that has decent equity?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:22 PM

1.How often do you c-bet hu? Against two villains? Let say you do not have any reads.
2.Tell me about river check-raising with crab.In what situations do you do this?
3.Do you ever just call with two pair or a set on a flushdraw flop?
4.Do you ever after hitting your flush on the turn just call villains bet?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to review all the strategy posts of any 3 posters besides you and fgators who should they be?

[/ QUOTE ]

who is fgators?
MDMA, giftofgab, strassa

anchovies

and anchovies
Old 03-04-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever 4-bet shove bluffing?

Lately I've been doing some high variance experimentation since I 4-bet shove AK, KK and AA. I obviously have been only shoving with crap with a good read, but I have been getting some strange calls like AQ when they have no reason to suspect I am FOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't 4-bet bluff shove that often, but i 5-bet bluff shove all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been experimenting (or at least wanting to) with when to 5 bet bluff shove. I 3 bet preflop quite a bit and I get 4 bet a decent amount. If you suspect it's a bluff, would you shove with any two cards? Or do you wait until you have an Ax hand or something that has decent equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll shove with any 2... it's always nicer to have decent equity but there are times that come up and you just are sitting there with J3o and well, what can you do?

it's a horribly bad habit of mine, though. i definitely do get folds but i run into huge hands way more than i'd like.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who is fgators?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bigger fish than me.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:37 PM

anchovies hmmm... I will have to re-evaluate my opinion of you and possibly seek out a new coach
Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.How often do you c-bet hu? Against two villains? Let say you do not have any reads.
2.Tell me about river check-raising with crab.In what situations do you do this?
3.Do you ever just call with two pair or a set on a flushdraw flop?
4.Do you ever after hitting your flush on the turn just call villains bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

1- so much. in both situations.
2- i like river c/ring with lobster better. uhh, i'll do it if i know they can't call, which means i have a great read on what their hand can be and how likely they are to be paranoid or suspect me of bluffing.
3-yes, but only against people i have extensive history with that makes me believe playing it that way will allow me to make more money than raising will.
4-in conjunction with 3, if i think that calling is a better option than raising, i'll call. but my standard is obviously to raise in both spots. you should try to anticipate how your opponent will react though - will he pitch worse hands? will he believe you? think about things like that before you make your move. don't just raise because you have a flush. try to figure out what his reaction will be.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anchovies hmmm... I will have to re-evaluate my opinion of you and possibly seek out a new coach

[/ QUOTE ]

ice cream?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Hi.

Do you really think I'm an idiot? Terrible at poker?

Did you read my well? Was most of what I said in there good?

Honest opinion of my game and posts.

What do you think about merging ranges? I understand it's a fairly concept moving into HSNL, but I feel like it's a gateway between MSNL and HSNL, and that even some HSNL players don't understand it (Strassa obv is one person that comes to mind that has a fantastic understanding and application of it, IMO, based on his posts).

I was wondering what you thought of 3-betting small from position. I had a few weeks worth of an experiment for it at 5/10, with mixed and weird results. I got it from a number of places- Negreanu uses it to iso in weird spots (open to 1800, he makes it 3600). This seem ridiculous to you? Some online players have used it, people have fed me back mixed results as well. I think it's more difficult to use online... if you want to talk about 3-bet sizing in general, be my guest. Although I really wish 3-betting would be [censored] outlawed.