Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the difference maker/star in Game 5?
Dirk N. 3 18.75%
Josh Howard 2 12.50%
Jason Terry 2 12.50%
Shaq 2 12.50%
Dwayne Wade 7 43.75%
a unknown(role player) 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: ***Girls Night Discussion Thread 2.28.2007***

[ QUOTE ]

What?! Heart is the bomb, boo this man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heart is cool. It's Gina who sucks.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What?! Heart is the bomb, boo this man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heart is cool. It's Gina who sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, totally misread your first post. I thought Gina was actually pretty good,though.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Hearing Haley going on and on about her husband “Not liking it when I go away but everything’s gonna be fine when I come back, everything’s gonna be fine...” had me wondering if the tool was gonna beat her for leaving. Seeing what the blockhead looked like a few seconds after did nothing to ease my concerns.

Gina made the fatal mistake of picking a song that Carrie killed in s4 (in a performance that also sealed the competition for her) and doing it poorly. I felt she was screaming at me for 90 seconds straight.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who do you think has the best voice then

[/ QUOTE ]

As I've said in a number of other posts, I believe that Melinda has the best voice in the competition. Lakisha is the only one who even comes close. See Melinda/Lakisha comparision for my take after week 1, though based on last night I feel Melinda has even more of an edge (though still not huge) over Lakisha - and a substantial edge over the rest of the field
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM

Melinda is without a doubt the one to beat. Once she's better dressed, etc., she'll be even tougher. Furthermore, I think she has the vocals best suited for the various theme nights, so she needs a crappy performance/someone else needs to BLOW everyone away with an amazingly good performance in order for her to not be a huge favorite.

The only guys I see as somewhat versatile are Sligh and Blake, and maybe Stacey. Chris R. does not have the ability to sing songs different from the same style we keep seeing from him. As we've said several times, Brandon shows great vocal talent but seems to lack versatility (or possibly just SUCKS at song selection - and might not even be on the show next week).

I don't consider any of the other guys as really having a shot.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The tought decisions come once you've booted all the white girls.

If a black woman doesn't win idol this year then we can conclude once and for all that its NOT about talent.

The fact that Sanjaya and Antonella will probably both be on past this week is proof that a certain segment of America are mentally challenged.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are suggesting a racist reason, that's just ridiculous. The fact is that 2 not very attractive black people have won this contest already. Blacks represent approx 10% of the US population, so this suggests that if anything they have been far statistically over valued. Only 1 white male has won in 5 tries. Statistically this is way out of whack. I demand satisfaction! Or maybe people have just voted for the best singers/performers. Fine by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting racism. I'm suggesting that there are a lot of elements besides singing ability that will decide the winner.

The fact that Sanjaya and Antonio are still in this far, even if they don't make it all the way, is proof that there's something besides singing ability that's keeping people around.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suggesting racism. I'm suggesting that there are a lot of elements besides singing ability that will decide the winner.

The fact that Sanjaya and Antonio are still in this far, even if they don't make it all the way, is proof that there's something besides singing ability that's keeping people around.

[/ QUOTE ]

My feeling is that singing ability ends up deciding the winner. Yes, people can stick around longer than they should based on other factors (looks, humor, VFTW, etc.). But when it gets down to the end the best singers almost always win.

In the beginning votes are spread out among lots of contestants, so jokes like Antonella and Kevin Covais can get enough support avoid the bottom. But as the field narrows the bootee's votes start going to the best singers, while the same group of goofballs are still voting for Antonella and Sanjaya, etc.

It would be a totally different (and not as entertaining) show if people voted for who they wanted to LEAVE. If that was the case you'd probably see all the worst singers voted off first.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while the same group of goofballs are still voting for Antonella

[/ QUOTE ]

watch who you call a goofball [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be a totally different (and not as entertaining) show if people voted for who they wanted to LEAVE. If that was the case you'd probably see all the worst singers voted off first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that show would suck. It would be a bunch of bland, mediocre singers who don't stand out so that they don't get voted off. And people wouldn't be as invested in their favorites, since they can't vote for them, so it wouldn't draw as many in.

The way they have it set up is key, it favors keeping both the best and for a while, the worst. Good stuffs. Sometimes on Survivor/Apprentice/etc, the villains get voted off too quickly.