Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** LOST Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no such thing as "going out on top" in tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. Six Feet Under comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Deadwood. But again that's HBO, not TV. I'm trying to think of some network TV dramas that went out on top and I can't really think of any recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROME
Old 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VN post, I agree with everything.

This was the first episode EVER where I would miss a snippet of dialogue and just not care.

The tattoo story was completely meh as others have noted, but I do see some potential as part of a larger plot.

Have to disagree with the hotness of the thai tattoo artist. Tight body, but her face (and haircut WTF) was kinda busted.

I want them to get back to the weird Ukranian monitoring station and explore that plot a little. Also want to see some stuff involving the eyepatch dude. More global conspiracy stuff, plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHE IS ASIAN. ASIAN = HOT on 2+2, duh!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He walks among us, but he is not one of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Ironic, don't you think?"
Thanks, Alanis.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM

For everybody who said this episode is only bad because ABC promotions is the devil and overhyped it, how would you have promoted it. Lost has been losing viewers all season so if the producers aren't going to do anything exciting, the promotions people are going to need to pull something out of their ass.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For everybody who said this episode is only bad because ABC promotions is the devil and overhyped it, how would you have promoted it. Lost has been losing viewers all season so if the producers aren't going to do anything exciting, the promotions people are going to need to pull something out of their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW - I didn't see any of the previews for this week (Three mysteries will be revealed) and I still thought it sucked Polar Bear Balls.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VN post, I agree with everything.

This was the first episode EVER where I would miss a snippet of dialogue and just not care.

The tattoo story was completely meh as others have noted, but I do see some potential as part of a larger plot.

Have to disagree with the hotness of the thai tattoo artist. Tight body, but her face (and haircut WTF) was kinda busted.

I want them to get back to the weird Ukranian monitoring station and explore that plot a little. Also want to see some stuff involving the eyepatch dude. More global conspiracy stuff, plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHE IS ASIAN. ASIAN = HOT on 2+2, duh!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Default speculation that might make this episode awesome...

okay, we know how last week's episode played with Desmond and time?

WHAT IF:

Alex and Carl are actually THE TWO LITTLE KIDS WITH THE TEDDY BEAR that were kidnapped in Season 2 and that because of The Other's time experiments, they are now older than they should be?

I'm saying this because of a couple of things:

1) Alex and Carl named their constellation the "Teddy Bear."
2) Carl has no clue what The Brady Bunch is, so either he has been on the island his whole life (unlikely) or he was too young to remember The Brady Bunch when he was back in civilization.

Of course, this theory falls apart if the two kids with Cindy are actually the same two kids we saw on the beach with Ana Lucia. Anyone know about that??
Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: speculation that might make this episode awesome...

[ QUOTE ]
okay, we know how last week's episode played with Desmond and time?

WHAT IF:

Alex and Carl are actually THE TWO LITTLE KIDS WITH THE TEDDY BEAR that were kidnapped in Season 2 and that because of The Other's time experiments, they are now older than they should be?

I'm saying this because of a couple of things:

1) Alex and Carl named their constellation the "Teddy Bear."
2) Carl has no clue what The Brady Bunch is, so either he has been on the island his whole life (unlikely) or he was too young to remember The Brady Bunch when he was back in civilization.

Of course, this theory falls apart if the two kids with Cindy are actually the same two kids we saw on the beach with Ana Lucia. Anyone know about that??

[/ QUOTE ]

completely wrong for the reasons you stated. (both that its VERY likely they've been on the island most of their lives, and that the kids are the same as the ones with ana lucia)
Old 02-22-2007, 07:16 PM

ALEX IS THE DAUGHTER OF BEN AND DANIELLE ROUSSEAU.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Sponger,

Yeah my roomate and I both started cracking up when jack told the asian chick she tasted salty.

Danzasmack,

Tom is getting pretty bad. Not only did he used to be a lot more badass, but he was also a lot more straight.

Dominic,

I don't think that theory is anywhere close, but I agree that it's very likely that carl has never been off the island because of the brady thing.

Some other things:

- I'd say the "there will be consequences" probably didn't have anything to do with him getting his ass kicked.

- It also seems fairly obvious to me at least that cindy and company were there to watch the trial.

- I'm leaning towards juliet having feelings for jack and her of being sincere about killing ben instead of it being a conspiracy to trick jack into trusting her. I think they've given us enough evidence now that she isn't completely with the others. We have to remember the first episode this season when she was literally falling apart back in their town. The only inconsistency I can't figure out was her actions during the operation. I will have to rewatch the episode because I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember that Juliet was the one who really effed jacks plans up at first.

- On that note, did anyone ever figure out what ben was saying in the operation to Juliet when we just saw his lips?

- I realize that Jack can't use his leverage to ask questions because then the show would be over next episode. I would like him to figure out SOMETHING though because it's getting a little too unrealistic.