Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Re: my first post minus well be controversial

[ QUOTE ]
it's only a very small percentage of students that belong to finals clubs at H or eating clubs at P

[/ QUOTE ]

An overwhelming majority of Princeton undergrads are club members.

scrub
Old 02-15-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kids from P, H, and Y do so well because they are the most talented and motivated people in the entire country. Let's be honest here, most people who graduate from Penn, UVA, etc got rejected from one of the big three.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell does Penn and UVA getting rejected from the big 3 have to do with anything? Are you trying to prove something?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's only a very small percentage of students that belong to finals clubs at H or eating clubs at P

[/ QUOTE ]

An overwhelming majority of Princeton undergrads are club members.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of Harvard kids are in final clubs. A lot aren't though. There's no reason to equate any of that with taking over the world though. A lot of the clubs are pretty much just frats.

Of course there are more people with connections and there are pipelines to opportunities etc at these schools, but some people have a way exaggerated impression.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 AM

You got to Stanford too? Or am I retarded?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UCSB

John Murphy - 13th 2004 WSOP
Richard Grijavla - 4th 2004 WPT Championship

'nuff said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at 1 tournament finish.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone cares the "College Poker Championship" winner was from the University of MN. I've never met the kid.

However, w.r.t. LHE, I would take me and BK's money vs anyone at any school and anyone who knows anything about this game would too. Therefore, UMN > ALL. Yes, that's very cocky, but that's the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. UMN > *

Im pretty sure I've met the College champ or whatever, he was a friend of a friend in my freshman dorm. I think he plays alot of Party Poker limit games now.

(Im that kid that is always playing 6/12 at Canterbury and always says hi to you)

P.S. Didnt BK go to Morris and not UMN? UMM =! UMN, just a thought.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Ok Duke then represent - open challenge

About 2 years ago I traveled the long, arduous 20 miles on a four-lane highway to Duke to play in a $1-1 $40 min initial buyin apartment game hosted by Fern. ML4L and ZeroGee played. The second time I went up there, I won $640 and the game did not go off after that. Or maybe I just wasn't invited back.

ZeroGee, Strassa and ML4L were all invited by me to soak up some money in the then-ridiculously easy live $5-10 nl game in Raleigh. This was a courtesy invite since I knew they would all take money out of "my" pond. ZeroGee and ML4L represented. They came, they saw, they took money. I even wrote a post about ML4L's huge win that included another player signing over the deed to a used Lexus. Good times. Somebody post the link since the Search function doesn't work for my username for some reason.

Strassa bitched out. Something about not knowing how to drive. ZeroGee and ML4L moved away.

We still have $5-10 and will arrange $10-25 or $25-50 for any carload of Dukies that cares to come down. Or we'll come to you if you like but there will not be as many. You will get to play against up to three WSOP bracelet winners, the best player in the Carolinas, and me among others. Soft spots abound; come and take our money. Free food and beer. Cash only. You get paid immediately in those little $100 Franklin thingies. Extra rubber bands available on request.

U of I, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Stanford and Princeton are also invited. I will play for the Raleigh boys.

Come take your beating like men. If, that is, you can find a car.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UMD WITHOUT A DOUBT-Me, Steve Hudak, Daniel Horrowitz. See Steves high finishes in tournaments, the fact that people like chau say he is the second coming, Danny is one of the top 5 omaha8/b players, and I am regular high limit holdem player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second coming, my ass. You're talking to the next Stu Ungar right here... take a wild guess who referred Steve Hudak to Party Poker way back in 2002 - the answer is:

the J.J. Redick of Poker.

UMD will never hold Duke's jockstrap in any way, shape, or form. Even your girls are uglier, and that's an insult coming from a Duke kid.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:54 PM

I would love to read the post about the Lexus.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:55 PM

Duke:

You are an embarassment to your school.