Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: So fraternity rush started tonight..

[ QUOTE ]
the SAE's at my school got kicked off campus for druging a girl, gang raping her and filming it...nothing against the guys, the guys were pretty cool...but as a whole ive heard of so many SAE chapters being kicked off campus

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, its usually one POS that does something like that and it brings the whole chapter and national fraternity down. obv those chapters deserve to be shut down but it doesnt make every SAE chapter or member a douchebag rapist.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the SAE's at my school got kicked off campus for druging a girl, gang raping her and filming it...nothing against the guys, the guys were pretty cool

[/ QUOTE ]
they sound really cool.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:29 AM

I don't know anything about fraternites but I know a lot of TKE members on my campus and most of them suck hard.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

where i went, money mattered absolutely zero, unless you had NONE. It cost $25 for an expensive night out of drinking and that could buy you 10+ drinks. half the girls were just looking to hook up with a guy regardless, and theres really no way to tell at a college bar what someone's financial situation is.

now, if you are talking about girls who are looking for serious boyfriends, money (or moneymaking potential) probably plays some role. it would take girls a few dates to even figure that out though so I contend that you could still get girls/dates without having any money, then it is up to you to impress her.

the sad thing i noticed is that it usually was more about what frat you were in or what bartenders you knew than anything else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the same college that Taylor went to and this is pretty accurate. I am in a Frat there and get either free drinks or dollar drinks whenever I go out. Almost all of the girls I am trying to hook up with could care less if I (or anybody) was wearing $30 jeans and a $30 collared shirt or $200 jeans and a $200 shirt.

BTW I think frats are a lot of fun and we do lots of events with hot sorority chicks, so thats cool.

Im also waiting for the guy to chime in with "Its called a fraternity not a frat! Show some respect"

[/ QUOTE ]

what frat you in? i was an alpha sig. i was never into the whole scene at all but i needed a place to live soph year so i joined 2nd semester freshman year.

i liked that money didn't mean anything at college but it was so stupid how sorority girls pretty much only wanted to be with frat guys.

i'll be back on campus wed-sat this week, should be a blast.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Phi Sig, but I don't live in the frat anymore, but I still hang out there a lot. I'll probably be going out most of the nights you are here, so maybe we will see each other.

Anyone else here from Illinois? Go to CO's tonight!