Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hottest Centerfold Ever?
December '68 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: college beat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why u post the thread instead of linking it dude? that just clutters this thread, and its common knowledge that after i posted that thread, lots of ppl approached me for stakeaments and I am now robusto at small stakes.

the fact is yves, you got teabagged. End of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, are you bragging that you begged for money and got some?

[/ QUOTE ]

staking =/= begging dude. in staking, the staker moves in primarily for +EV concerns, and the stakee has to play good to make money.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 AM

What people will do for 20$...

Some of you need to look in the mirror for a long time and figure out who you are if you would pay 20$ to see a fellow human being become miserable.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:29 AM

For [censored] sake, nothing happened or will happen to cheer that didn't happen anyways. I was just appeasing citanul.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:27 PM

This thread is ridiculous on many levels. I'll enumerate them:

1. People going after Evenkeal but not citunal. Are they all afraid of the green or something?

2. cheer's repeated threats of legal action. No wonder his dumb ass is failing out of a middle of the road school. How is anyone's character being defamed by quoting their own statements?

3. The following defense of cheer: [ QUOTE ]
Most people who hate smart lazy people who skip every class and breeze thru college are jealous stupid jerks who go to each class study 3 hours a day and are still puzzled by the most basic stuff and get like B-'s.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I'm a smart lazy person. cheer is a dumb lazy person. My usual class attendance schedule was leave the first day after the professor handed out the syllabus and then show up for any midterms and the final. I never got kicked out of school for getting one D(unless UMN turned into Caltech overnight, this D must have had a lot of brothers and sisters). And I'd spend around 3 hours studying for all of my finals and still get As on them bitches. I'd regularly not turn in between 25-30% of the coursework of a given class if I only needed a C.

4. cheer sez:
[ QUOTE ]

I didn't need to see a specific adviser. However I planned a meeting with my adviser the last day you can drop a class. Forms wouldn't be filled out in time and every other adviser were busy with other students.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, [censored]. I can't imagine UMN does it much different than the school I went to and if you had already passed the electronic add/drop deadline all you needed to do was go to the relevant college administrative office, stand in line for 15 minutes, fill out an index card, and hand it to a random employee. How many forms can UMN require to drop a class?

5. I don't really care about the yvessaint/Evenkeal feud, but I'd definitely appreciate it if it took up less screen real estate.

6. The idea that Evenkeal and cituanl are punishing/are responsible for anything that happens to cheer. They made him miss the deadline for dropping a class? They made him get a D? This isn't some dude who gets a 69.4%, if I had done 6% better in college I'd be applying to top 25 law schools instead of Random Florida Shithole College of Law.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For [censored] sake, nothing happened or will happen to cheer that didn't happen anyways. I was just appeasing citanul.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you did is something only the people at the bottom of the dirty barrel would do.

Self-respect may not mean anything to you, but you just proved you don't have any.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Cheer,

Results?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:14 PM

all, cheer sucks at life, every single thing that happens as a result of this is his fault and also he has absolutely 0 legal recourse against anyone. Also, please refrain from speaking of dignity or self respect if the extent of your argument is "omg tattle tailing is wrong!" its not, its considered uncool, but nobody has actually done anything wrong by notifying those in authority.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM

This whole thread makes me seriously sick.

1) There are instances where students are given lower marks than they deserve. I have had two, and both were because the grades were determined on a scale different from what the instructor had explicitly outlined. This is not the case. OP deserves a D and deserves to flunk out of school. He deserves no sypathy and no protection.

2) OP owes his professor, his advisor, and most of all his parents a huge apology. His pride and defensiveness are foolish and arrogant.

2) Cit and Even did the exact right thing. Grade inflation hurts all high-achieving students. If unearned grades are handed out at any point, students earning marks above that point have the signifigance of those grades weakened. Bravo, gentlemen.

3) The posters upset with Cit and Even only show how horribly weakened society's attitude toward higher education has become. Not everyone deserves a college education. Not everyone is smart enough or motivated enough to make it through college--nor should it be this way. Some people are too [censored] stupid for college and they should be kept out. If those people are awarded degrees, there's no way to tell whose degree actually reflects achievement and whose merely reflects bleeding-heart sympathy. This is not the special olympics, and not everyone is a winner.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If those people are awarded degrees, there's no way to tell whose degree actually reflects achievement and whose merely reflects bleeding-heart sympathy. This is not the special olympics, and not everyone is a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG YOU ARE RIGHT WHO IS THE SMARTER PERSON, THE ONE WITH A CUM GPA of a 2.0 or the 3.5 THEY BOTH HAVE DEGREES I CAN'T TELL ZOMG WHAT IS SOCIETY COMING TOO...

THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL WHO IS SMART OTHER THAN DEGREES. OH NOES!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:20 PM