Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

Gobbo,

Whats the next level that high buyin MTT'ers like us should be taking to improve our games?

Why does JohnnyBax run so well?

Why does Zangzeban always have 20k 5 minutes into the 100r every night?

I just wanted to echo others thoughts -- I respect your game a hell of a lot and you seem like a great kid. BAHAMAS!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pushbotting is so key. Lots of people suck at it. Make sure you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize this answer could be a novel, Being relatively new to the mtt world, what advice can you offer on improving this?

[ QUOTE ]
Do people like me?

[/ QUOTE ]
A newbie's observation:
In reading this string, the level of respect you receive both on and off the felt seems quite high, consider it is from one of the most sophisticated and unique forums found anywhere... At such a young age... incredible.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM

one time gobbo totally kept me company while i finished eating my lunch at turning stone when everyone else left to go back to their pokering. gobbo pwnz.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,

Whats the next level that high buyin MTT'ers like us should be taking to improve our games?

I just wanted to echo others thoughts -- I respect your game a hell of a lot and you seem like a great kid. BAHAMAS!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Reinforcing and eliminating leaks. Still play some lower buyin events to get used to playing flops and being able to lay down hands. Do things differently than you would normally do sometimes to mix it up, etc, and figure out things you do that you shouldn't.

2. Recently live he's been tearing it up, but that's because a lot of live pros are terrible. Online he doesn't run nearly as good but I also think online players are a lot tougher to beat.

3. He's a luckbox.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pushbotting is so key. Lots of people suck at it. Make sure you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize this answer could be a novel, Being relatively new to the mtt world, what advice can you offer on improving this?

[ QUOTE ]
Do people like me?

[/ QUOTE ]
A newbie's observation:
In reading this string, the level of respect you receive both on and off the felt seems quite high, consider it is from one of the most sophisticated and unique forums found anywhere... At such a young age... incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just learn inflection points where you can be cramming your chips in with any two cards. I would say the biggest thing that is overlooked in mtt's is turning your hand into a bluff. I think HSNL players understand this more than others, but they don't understand how to pushbot very effectively to make it mathematically correct, so if anyone can take both of those two factors and combine them they will be a force. The people I think who are very good at understanding when you're bluffing with a marginal hand and when you can play without looking at your cards are Strassa, Ansky, MLG and adanthar. I respect their games and opinions more than anyone else on the forums.

And as for the respect I get, I really do appreciate it. I like getting attention sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he asks someone to move all in blind with him 3-5 times in a row and wins the last two, without fail
Old 12-19-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Reinforcing and eliminating leaks. Still play some lower buyin events to get used to playing flops and being able to lay down hands. Do things differently than you would normally do sometimes to mix it up, etc, and figure out things you do that you shouldn't.

2. Recently live he's been tearing it up, but that's because a lot of live pros are terrible. Online he doesn't run nearly as good but I also think online players are a lot tougher to beat.

3. He's a luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. he is all in every hand, and when i say every hand i mean every hand, and i am fairly certain on how non-profitable it is
Old 12-19-2006, 08:33 PM

How fun was that PLO at Niagara?

Do you think of me and my friends as crazy fools with no concept of money, or ballas?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think of me and my friends as crazy fools with no concept of money, or ballas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was kind of pissed when I got all the money in against two people for a 500 bb pot when you guys were drawing to a cumulative 4 outer when I had redraws and lost. When I came to niagara I needed the money. Luckily I won the UB tournament that trip.

I thought the other guy was being a [censored], but whatever.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was kind of pissed when I got all the money in against two people for a 500 bb pot when you guys were drawing to a cumulative 4 outer when I had redraws and lost. When I came to niagara I needed the money. Luckily I won the UB tournament that trip.

I thought the other guy was being a [censored], but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

One of them is pretty douchey so I am just going to pretend he is the one you are talking about, so we can both dislike him.