Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 12:54 AM

Default Re: HonestHoldem Terms and Conditions

This post has mostly been an ethics discussion with Ray.I think the Party(bots) post was actually a solid helpful post until Ray hijacked it and well.....it then turned into mostly an ethics discussion with Ray.I respect your opinion Sniper but im convinced that Ray offers no real insight to the bot problem other than his mere presence as an example(although he could if he was willing).In light of that,i am also convinced that his presence does more to perpetuate the problem than help it.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im convinced that Ray offers no real insight to the bot problem other than his mere presence as an example(although he could if he was willing). In light of that,i am also convinced that his presence does more to perpetuate the problem than help it.

[/ QUOTE ]If Ray and his epigones were forbidden from appearing on these forums ever again, the issues with the poker bots would be better addressed? And we would be better off not hearing of them or from them on 2+2?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:38 PM

1)Yes(i stated this),he distracts from any meaningful discussion on bot prevention with his relentless propaganda techniques.Btw,you imply that in someway his presence was a "spark" for the debate.Your way off,bot/collusion detection and prevention is heavily discussed every week here.As i mentioned,his appearence actually corresponded with the party/bot thread that was the hottest post in the forum for the previous week before his first post.In fact reading this very informative post might have actually been one of the reasons that he decided to start his quasi spamming routine in the first place,perhaps to counteract posts like this(speculation).2)No,i never suggested such a thing.This is your attempt to promote your concept that Ray is some great source of enlightment on the bot problem,and that by me not buying into this theory i am somehow pulling wool over my eyes.Nice try,but dont put words into my mouth please.The truth is,i think it should be discussed on the reg., i think conversation and debate is essential if we want to somewhat limit cheating the best we can.The concept that you can learn alot from a cheater on the topic of cheating is very valid and true.But the idea that you can learn alot of helpful truthful information from a cheater while he is in the process of cheating and lying to you is silly and false.I am sure there are alot of A.I. people that are technically just as knowledgable as Ray,but that do not have an agenda directly tied to their bank account that will only prosper by destroying our goals of prevention.These are the people that could be an example of what you are somehow confusing Ray for.Having said all that,i truly respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree.You can respond to this post,but i pretty much said how i feel and am moving on.This is really a great example of the debate that Ray creates.We spend all are energy talking about him not the actual bot situation.