Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/10

so fake.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:33 PM

I've lost several hands this session (of around 35 so far) due to lag and feezeouts. And every button click takes around a half second to full second to register.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the Aussie Millions Freeroll for 10k Points:

1: How many people normally play in this tournament?

2: Is the value deducted from MGR like everything else?

3: Is the Aussie Millions 18+ or 21+?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it's deducted from MGR.
But as Doug pointed out, the price is still favorable for the player.

I don't know how many play them.
They did this for the WSOP also but I think it was for 20 seats. I believe 700 players qualified. But I think only around 400 actually showed up. Lots of no-shows.

So you would only get charged as if it were 700 LIVE players. And if they all showed up it would still be a decent deal.

Lets say with 700 players it's a $200 value. This is only $55 or so off your rake-back if you get 27%.
So a $200 tournament for only $55 is pretty good.

Now factor in all the no-shows and your real value in the tournament is more like $400.
Now it's a total bargain for only $55 off your RB.

Obviously it will vary from month to month and greatly depens on the number of no-shows. But it's always going to be a reasonable deal.

I think Aussie is 18+ but that's just a guess so don't quote me.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM

OMG THE LADIES SPAGHETTI STRAP!!!! SPORTS BOTTLES!!! COASTERS!!!!! AWESOME NEW ELECTRONICSS!!!!!1
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG THE LADIES SPAGHETTI STRAP!!!! SPORTS BOTTLES!!! COASTERS!!!!! AWESOME NEW ELECTRONICSS!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

I like spaghetti straps on women with nice coasters.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lag is getting bad. really bad. I can barely even play anymore.

Quit dataminig so much, it will help.

How is that related?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I amd playing 8 tables on FT and have 8 others dataming, I notice a significant increase in CPU useage in the Task Manager when PT is inporting. I assume that it is due to the increased amount of processing by PT.

Fortunately, I do not get lag from this, but that is probably because I have a SATA 4.3 GHZ system with 2 Gigs of memory (CPU useage remains at about 75% during imports). When I had my last system, it was 2.4 GHZ and I noticed lag when datamining and playing and importing to PT and my CPU useage would be at 100% during imports.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:37 AM

I emailed Full Tilt and they said their satellites are for players 21+, even though the tournament is 18+ (confirmed by aussie millions site).

WTF? I would have put in play to qual for this satellite, but now i'm gonna go play on Absolute or Stars, instead of playing at a site that requires 21 for an 18+ tourney. So dumb.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Doug,

Thanks for your work in taking and implementing suggestions. A few comments from a fairly high-volume user.

1. Speed table check-box for sit out next blind is a must. It is as annoying as all get-go to try to get out of one of these games when I am multi-tabling.

2. I disagree that you take great care of your high-volume players. I'm not complaining, but I have been a fairly high volume player at FTP for about 15 months now, and don't feel like there are any special perks to putting in the added volume. As you say, it's not hard to make ironman if you have a clear schedule, and the reload bonuses are there for everyone to take advantage of, and I'm a ring game player, so for me the main advantage of putting in high-volume at FTP is...what exactly? Entry into Aussie-Millions freeroll with EV of $100 that I am unlikely to realize since 7 of 1500+ spots are paid (if I can even make the tournament at all)? In the future I would like to see FTP develop some sort of VIP program where, if nothing else, VIP's have special promotions and/or bonuses. Again, I'm not complaining, but I don't feel I get anything extra out of playing more hands at FTP as opposed to somewhere else.

3. Somewhat related to the above, I would appreciate an option to qualify for Ironman level with fewer than 25 days at something like 500 pts per day for 20 days or some such. If I am out of town for a few days and miss early in the month (such as this month), I find that I tend to shift play away from FTP for the remainder of the month and go work a bonus off somewhere.

4. Ability to retrieve older hand histories from support on request (although I understand this is in the works).

5. Must do something about the observer chat spam/begging issues. A "report chat" button is fine, or perhaps like Stars you could require the player to have a certain amount of money in their account to chat at a table (I believe at Stars you must have a buy-in for the table you are observing).

6. Agree that the lack of text-wrapping is annoying and seems that it should be an easy fix.

7. More/useful items in the store. I understand this is being worked on.

8. Please turn off my doomswitch.

Most of these issues have been raised by others. In general I have no trouble with the software and have no real complaints.

Thanks for listening!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:12 PM

Hi, I have a proposal for a new game that you could introduce that I feel could become extremely popular. That is short deck pot limit omaha. The game is played with the same structure as regular PLO, with one major difference all cards between 2 and 6 are removed from the deck. Therefore the cards remaining are 7 through Ace. Because the game is a reduced deck game the maximum number of players is 6. This works out great because 6 max tables have become increasingly popular. Also because the game is reduced deck a flush beats a full house, this is a standard reduced deck rule. Another standard reduced deck rule is that an Ace can cound as a 6 in the low end of the straight. Just as an A can count as 1 in the wheel straight, in a full deck game. Therefore a suited A78910 hand would be considered a low straight flush.

Reduced deck omaha is a crazy action game and is alot of fun. The nuts on the flop remains the nuts for not very long and each successive card changes the hand considerable. But because of this there is a high level of skill to the game. Also because there is very little written about the game it would be a levelish playing field for new players. PM me if you need more information, or please let me know who I could forward my ideas too.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 11:25 PM

These stacks are way less deep than an average Party table would be at the same stakes. "Deep-stacked?" Please. It doesn't matter what you do, people are always going to buy in for the minimum; if they can't, they'll move down. Raise it.