Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Calder Trophy:
Forget Malkin, Anze Kopitar is going to take it. He's big and skilled. Plus, he will get a ton of ice time with the Kings being weak at center.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind.
That move against the Devils was sick.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 AM

Well my Canucks and Luongo just got the first shutout of the year. The Sedins with 3 points each too.

And now Alex Ovechkin rolls into town, hopefully that puck he took to the leg tonight wont be too bad of an injury... I'm going to the game on Friday night and (being a huge Pavel Bure fan back in the day) would kill to see Ovechkin (who reminds me of Bure).
Old 10-26-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got in from Sharks game where they lit up Detroit. 5 PP goals and very good goaltending by Toskala. The Sharks PP has been awesome so far! 2 more assists for Joe and Cheechoo and Patty both had goals along w/ Milan who is on fire!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Carle (2A), Marleau (2G), and Michalek (1G 2A) in my fantasy league. Tonight was nice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I picked up Michalek after watching his preseason highlights. His moves are amazing, but right now he's looking like the new Cheechoo. I think he's been right in front of the net on every goal he has so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a homer. GL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... riiiiight. I didn't draft any of those guys. I picked up Carle and Michalek off the waivers.. and traded Meszaros and ... can't remember for Marleau (I needed room to add a goalie)

But yeah, next time I should ignore a defenceman with 8 points in 8 games and a kid with sweet moves that has 9 points in 8 games. Watch a Sharks game and I bet you'll find out who Michalek is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, in my experience people ALWAYS overpay for hometown heroes because they have unrealistic expectations, seeing as how you have 3 Sharks its pretty fair to put you in that group. You probably gave too much for Marleau, and the kids are good but you're crazy if you think they are going to keep this pace up.

Oh, and I have NHL Center-Ice and I like watching the Sharks. But I especially liked watching them get beat down by the Wild last night. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up Meszaros and Malkin for Marleau. Easily a win for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although, for some reason I thought Malkin would be out for more. I used the free slot to pick up Denis- I really needed a goalie.

But go ahead and keep on assuming while skipping over you're home star.

Look: a point for Carle, Michalek, and Marleau tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I must be a homer

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, I don't usually like trading 1 for 2, but how do you figure you got the better end of that one?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:29 AM

lol. i was at work earlier today during the bruins game, but they lost 3-2 to a goal with 2 seconds left to the habs. the fans in Boston got pissed and chucked garbage etc. onto the ice and the refs canceled the last 2 seconds of the game.

i'm watching this now on "bruins in 2" and theres 15 minutes left in the 3rd period. i can't wait [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2006, 07:20 PM

What's with all the fighting this week? Is fighting back after last year had barely any? Man watching the highlights last night, it looked like the 70's again.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM

I underestimated Malkin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But I have so many quality skaters that Meszaros wouldn't have started many games for me and I think most people before the season would have predicted Marleau with over 80 points and Malkin with 70+. Anything can still happen though...

Oh well, it's not like Marleau is doing awful. I had to make a trade that day to pick up Denis. A starting goalie + Marleau > Non-starting d-man and an unpredictable Malkin (who was also hurt at the time..)
Old 11-25-2006, 01:09 AM

Tied for first, baby! Who would have thought? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, Jagr is still playing? He's still in one piece? He's still actually good enough so that fans look forward to his games instead of groaning?

PS this isn't Genesis '94 NHL, Jagr is nothing to get excited about. I'll just go find a nice picture of Al MacInnis to post and say, "Go Blues!"

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP

Suck it haters.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 AM

Patrick Stefan rules:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P5eL4SEtu1c

Blows a chance to essentially end the game at 6-4, misses the empty net, falls, Oilers come back to tie it 5-5 with 2 seconds left. At least they came back to win in the SO, still don't like the free point going to the Oil.

Is the Stefan thing more or less embarrassing than Dennis Wideman's SO attempt last year?:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gMdX_A2iLuM
Old 01-05-2007, 03:57 AM

coyotes are 5-0-1 in their last 6 games including a 8-0 shutout against the sharks. GO PHX!