Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 PM

Default Re: what aba20 can do in a day...

I am very suprised by SBRugby's success. I always thought of him as a tight weak player at 10/20 NL that couldn't win unless he had a hand. I haven't played with him in a long time so he could have very well improved a lot by playing the great HS players but I wouldn't make any strong assertions either way until somebody is up 200 or more buy ins their given game.

If I wasn't a US citizen I might play those games. In those huges games I could imagine a scenario winning $ 5 million one year and paying over $2 million in taxes and then being down 4 million another year. And its tough when you have to keep over $500k online at all times.

When everyone is really good its seems like the good players are just flipping coins against eachother and its more gambling then investing.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:22 PM

what does citizenship have to do with it?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 PM

Taxes, apparently.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:49 PM

i don't really get that though, wouldn't the expected winnings make up for the tax loss? well they'd have to.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM

not year on year. although i dont see how he wouldnt be a big winner if he used good game selection. but possibly not a bigger winner than in his current games.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Well I would say yeah, but in the scenario he presented, because taxes are paid yearly, he ended up down 1m over two years.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very suprised by SBRugby's success. I always thought of him as a tight weak player at 10/20 NL that couldn't win unless he had a hand. I haven't played with him in a long time so he could have very well improved a lot by playing the great HS players but I wouldn't make any strong assertions either way until somebody is up 200 or more buy ins their given game.

If I wasn't a US citizen I might play those games. In those huges games I could imagine a scenario winning $ 5 million one year and paying over $2 million in taxes and then being down 4 million another year. And its tough when you have to keep over $500k online at all times.

When everyone is really good its seems like the good players are just flipping coins against eachother and its more gambling then investing.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 buyinns at 100/200 = 4 million dollarzzz! Anyways I am a low baller and obv can't comment on aba'a abilities/skills. Obv we will prob all know a year from now. I would say this that I think moving from 2/4 to 100/200 in 6 months is f*cking sick anyway you slice it and I hope aba keeps it up.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 AM

I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.

[/ QUOTE ]

it takes some real talent to be able to type so coherently with abas balls in your mouth. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]