Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: My God the Chargers look good

[ QUOTE ]
Like the Colts, they team has serious defensive holes they need to fix. Maybe they will with the injured players, but history shows that it's extremely difficult to win the SB by just scoring a ton of points and having a weak defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Chargers are going to improve substantially when their injured/suspended players return. Yesterday after the game, Schottenheimer gave a press conference and said "We literally were having trouble finding people to play on defense at the end of the [Broncos] game. One more injury and we were going to have to sub players in at positions they had never played before."

McCree got knocked out of the game yesterday. Castillo and Merriman are two of our best defensive players and they missed both the last two games. Shaun Phillips has missed time.

Right now we're ranked 17th DVOA, but DVOA takes early season games where we were healthy into account less than recent games where we've been injury plagued. We're above average in points allowed and we've given up only 6.22 yards/pass, good for 10th in the NFL.

[ QUOTE ]

also, the offense is running at an unsustainable level right now. The last 4 weeks they are averaging 39 PPG, which would put them on pace for 616 over 16 games. The NFL record is 556. So either the offense is going to slow down, or we're looking at the best offense of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they probably won't continue playing at the level they've played at for the last four games, but I do think they have a solid shot to put up >500 points.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More praise for Coach Schottenheimer. He said that Cameron is calling the plays and he has input, but not veto authority. Its all on Cam, which tells me that Marty realised the game has passed him by (better 15 years late than never). The players respect him and he respects the players, so they play hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm glad that Marty decided to play to his strengths as a coach and let Cam handle the play calling following the debacle in the Baltimore game. Props for changing his ways so late in his coaching career.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:07 AM

http://mfile.akamai.com/12901/wmv/vo...66267.200k.asx

Igors "those guys are wussies" the best since Spicoli's "those guys are [censored]!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h53Y-xC_X0c
Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/xobvx_mcneill

Not your average rookie.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:07 AM

McNeill is awesome. [anatta]I've been talking him up all season and now people are starting to take notice.[/anatta] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
McNeill is awesome. [anatta]I've been talking him up all season and now people are starting to take notice.[/anatta] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is awesome! Great pick, AJ is the best.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:27 PM

The 8-2 Chargers moved to #1 in ESPN's power rankings ahead of the 9-1 Colts and 9-1 Bears.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 8-2 Chargers moved to #1 in ESPN's power rankings ahead of the 9-1 Colts and 9-1 Bears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all coming together. Marty taking a back seat, Rivers proving himself, the O-line. All Chargers need is the Defense to come back and regain that swaggar...I'm telling you, I've never seen penetration from a defense like I saw with Jamal, Castillo, Igor, Merriman, Phillips all playing together. Okay Richard Dent, Singletary, and those guys. And Buddy Ryan's Eagles with all the dead guys. Bolts looked like Mad roided out dogs.

Bad Beat: No Merriman at home vs. Raiders. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Bolts Brief: Chargers Rule Raiders Suck Edition

Injuries: Gallery out (overrated anyways, is he still overrated?, maybe he's just a bust by now). LaMont Jordan out, I think he's overrated, too. WR Porter is doubtful.

Chargers: Castillo still questionable with the ankle. In fact, Chargers have 7 guys as "questionable" and all but one is ankle or calf.

This is the last game without Merriman. Oakland's Defense isn't too bad, but Chargers should get it going in second half, like vs. Cleveland. Offensively, you would think Moss, Brooks, Porter would be a bad matchup, but they are playing horribly. Moss has quit. Porter probably won't play. On the one hand, Raiders are the worst pass protection team ever, on the other hand, who exactly is going to be getting after it on Sunday for Bolts, no Merriman. And Castillo, Cesare, Phillips (he should play, finished up with the forced fumble of Plummer and "that's the end of the game"), all these guys are questionable.

My prediction: I'm overlooking this game, Raiders suck, and how can you pick a game vs. spread when half the roster is questionable? Dallas and Chargers in Superbowl, you heard it here first.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chargers should get it going in second half, like vs. Cleveland.

[/ QUOTE ]

To save time, I'll just reprint what I said after the Cleveland game, since as predicted, the Raider game was just like that one.

[ QUOTE ]
"this was without a doubt LT's game. With the Chargers playing uninspired ball, the Browns (hereinafter "Raiders") had a lead midway through the 3rd...LT breaks a tackle and outruns everybody. That fires up the crowd, and LT takes over the game, scores 2 more TDs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Raider Nation was there, not in full force, but they represented, got their photos taken with Darth Vader, got in a few fights, no big deal. Raiders actually have a solid defense. They almost beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead, and almost beat Bolts today.

Rivers had his worst game statistically as a pro, the Raiders pressured him a lot. Rivers threw a lot of passes on the money, but the Raiders secondary was right there. I guess if you are going to pass on Leinart and Cutler and get a safety, he better be able to play. He (Huff) can play, and so can his pals in the secondary. In the end, they self destructed. Moss is a cancer who quit on his team, and I'm surprised that someone on their D doesn't beat his ass.

From the OP in this thread, way back this Summer...

[ QUOTE ]
I even look for former 6th pick overall Quinten Jammer to finally break through now that he has a 30 mil $$ contract. Oh and Antonio Cromartie, this year's first rounder...there a photo of him picking off a pass in practice, just skying...Holy Albert Puljos he's a freak too!!

Someone told me its 4:1 against them winning the division. Fair share is 1/4 or 3:1. Frankly, I will be suprised if they don't win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jammer had a key pick, Cromartie was sick in a 91 yard kickoff return (scout at combine re Cromartie: "He looks like he's from another planet". He does, man. Division is all but wrapped up.

Earlier this week I got some grief for telling you Cowboys>Bears since Grossman sucks...Sigh...until next week, guys.