Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Brag: randomly staked a guy and won $96,600

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, you don't realize why being an untrustworthy scum matters, like, in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how expressing a different opinion - not even as strong as that, a throwaway thought - makes me one thing or another. This an internet message board, people say all kind of things. LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

different opinion?

man you really are delusional, so that time you got staked for .25/.50 PLO if you went on a heater and won say 5k, you were only giving him the initial $250 back?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, you don't realize why being an untrustworthy scum matters, like, in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how expressing a different opinion - not even as strong as that, a throwaway thought - makes me one thing or another. This an internet message board, people say all kind of things. LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone can stake you so you can say that you moved up and went busto (again).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play tournaments so it is irrelevant.

If I said OJ's wife was definitely having an affair and, you know, I can kind of understand why he got mad and killed them both, does that make me as bad as him? Am I, in fact, then a murderer?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

different opinion?

man you really are delusional, so that time you got staked for .25/.50 PLO if you went on a heater and won say 5k, you were only giving him the initial $250 back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would have honoured it. I would have paid him his split, and then ended the staking agreement since I didn't need it any more. Quite obviously, the point behind my post was a question of scale. $100k seems a lot for $55.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus [censored] Christ! A staking deal is a staking deal! You've been staked for cash games before right?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus [censored] Christ! A staking deal is a staking deal! You've been staked for cash games before right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, with three different people but never for especially large sums or over any period of time. The largest was $250 on Stars from one kind guy which I lost, not on purpose but through tilt, lack of discipline. It was totally unexpected - he PM'd me saying "do you want a stake?" and within fifteen minutes he'd sent me the money. I'm sorry not to have done better with it. I'd have done better, I'm sure, if he'd not sent me it all at once.

I was staked £50 on iPoker which I lost through usual beats, and the guy ended the agreement after that.

And one guy sent me $40 on FTP three or four times. I'd play, double up, send him his money back, with his complete agreement keep on playing with the $40-$60 I'd won, and suffer a beat or make a bad play and lose it. We talked on IM as I played and I treated it seriously.

Since I play pretty low limits and can always spin up, I'm not looking to be staked. In fact I've never seriously been looking to be staked, I don't see any point in it for low limits.. I'd rather win and lose money for myself.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Anyway this thread isn't about me, huh. I'm going to bed.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 PM

How often do you play at gutshot? and what days/stakes?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you play at gutshot? and what days/stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been there in six months. From late 2005 to early 2007 I was a hardcore regular, going every evening and weekend, often spending 30 hours a week there, but I was solely an Internet player. I'd be one of the guys hanging around the upstairs computer room, chain-smoking and drinking endless cups of tea and bantering with the lads. It was good fun, but lots of factors like the smoking ban, the move from B2B onto Microgaming, the introduction of entrance fees, a period of them having a very unreliable/completely broken Internet connection, then my moving to near the Western meant that I completely stopped going. I've played in the Wednesday PLO a couple of times, but that's it. I've never once been in one of their tournaments. Until recently I was a regular and well-known poster on the Gutshot forum, and I'm sure I'd still know half the people down there if I was to walk in, but there's just nothing for me to do there any more. I don't play hold'em at all, is one thing.

Why, do you go there much? Are you going to lose $100k at their tables?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
posts like this make me want to stake people

wtg hojo and rupert

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM

stop posting jimm