Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: trip report

Yogurt fans,

The Greek style Honey flavor yogurt is insanely great. The Greek style fruit flavors (Peach, Strawberry and I think Apricot/Mango) were all so-so.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:24 PM

the turkey, swiss, and spinach wrap with honey dijon and tomatoes is fantastic and not dry at all. 380 calories, best wrap i've found there so far.

the wacky-looking microwaveable meat things in the refrigerated section are great too. they have little steam spouts on the top of them. i ate the salmon one yesterday, and i've tried the chicken w/chihuahua cheese. both were excellent.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:30 AM

All,

Gerhard's Chicken Apple Sausage w / Chardonnay - pretty tasty stuff. Very sausagey if that makes sense. Meaty tasting. Not quite as good as Aidell's, but still very good.

TJ's Mushroom Asiago Chicken Sausage - much milder and less meaty/savory tasting than the Gerhard's, this would probably be better as part of a pasta dish or something, but still tasty.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM

I tried out the punjab choley yesterday. It comes already cooked in a nice foil packet and only requires a bit of heating. Good amount of spice, and who doesn't love chickpeas?

I did something unholy with it though: I mixed it with some lean ground beef. (Indian food doesn't normally contain cows.) I half expected it to create a rip in the fabric of the space-time continuum. It didn't. And it was tasty. We all need to find ways to get more healthy protein, right?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yogurt fans,

The Greek style Honey flavor yogurt is insanely great. The Greek style fruit flavors (Peach, Strawberry and I think Apricot/Mango) were all so-so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Plain makes a good base for my 'yogurt glop' mix.

Yogurt
Peanut Butter
Honey
Wheat Germ

Stir well and eat.

Yum.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: great finds at trader joe\'s

Potstickers are good- but my fav is the BBQ Chicken Pizza- very tasty/filling meal for <$3.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 AM

All,

Frozen Chicken Siu Mai - While not comparable to restaurant Siu Mai this stuff is very serviceable. Easy to make, with a solid, meaty taste.

Frozen Thai Style Green Curry - WOW. This looked like a loser when I opened the package, but it turned out very, very well. The spices are great and the dish has all sorts of good flavors. The chicken is fine, the rice cooked great, and the vegetables, even after 5 minutes in the microwave, are pretty crunchy. Maybe the best frozen food I've ever had.

Chocolate covered peanut-butter pretzels - seriously how can you go wrong with something like this. Great combination of sweet and salty.

Avoid:
Frozen Shrimp Siu Mai and Har Gau: The texture is off with the Har Gau, and it's difficult to get even heating with the pieces jammed in so closely together. Not purchasing again.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 AM

Anyone remember Poppernots? They were popcorn that was half popped, with softened shells and seasoning. Awesome, I guess they are no longer at TJs.

Ginger chews are good.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:00 AM

All,

Cinnamon Graham crackers. Thumbs up!

I have yet to find sandwich bread I like from there. Most of it is too thickly sliced and not soft enough. Great for grilled sandwiches, though.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:42 PM

Default great finds at trader joe\'s

I am currently eating the Roasted Chicken with Tortellini and Sun Dried Tomatoes from the refrigerated section. It is quite tasty.

Also, the Cinnimon Chip Scones are amazing.