Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Tim Hardaway: \"I hate gay people.\"

In an interview last night Rony Seikaly said he had been hit on by a drunk teammate once. He said it was NOT a player anyone would suspect. Specifically, he said the guy was NOT a soft white plkayer that doesn't get any rebounds or blocked shots. To me this implies it's a hard black guy with lots of rebounds and blocks.

I believe he's living in miami now, and he said he talked to a friend of the teammate recently, so I'd assume it's a former Heat player?

Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Horace Grant?

Jerome Kersey?

Nah, has to be Tim Hardaway when they were both on GS. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to any beach on the French Riviera. The only people ogling the naked breasts of the women laying out there are Americans. Europeans just walk right by and mind their own business, because they're not all hung up on ZOMG BOOBIES TEEHEE I WANNA NAIL THAT GIRL LOLZ! That's a distinctly American reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think this is a poor comparison.

First of all, I seriously doubt that American men are the only people checking out the naked boobies. European women still do wear tops most of the time and I believe female breasts are still an object of desire to European men.

Second of all, this is an entirely different situation than showering with a gay teammate. If a woman is modest and is uncomfortable with displaying her breasts to leering men, she can leave her top on. Or avoid the beach altogether. The locker room shower is far more enclosed and you can't exactly shower with your clothes on.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:26 AM

I'm laughing at the idiots that think they are so hot that gay guys they'd shower with would stare at them lustfully. lol, get a clue.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm laughing at the idiots that think they are so hot that gay guys they'd shower with would stare at them lustfully. lol, get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you also think women who are uncomfortable showering with hetero men are "idiots?" Would you similarly dismiss their concerns about these men staring at them lustfully? Please explain why yes or no.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure where I fall on this issue, or whether it would bother me personally or not. I do understand where some people would be uncomfortable with it.

With that said, your staement is just retarded. A girl doesn't have to be a supermodel for me to be attracted to her when we're naked in the shower together. Likewise, I'm guessing a guy doesn't have to be Brad Pitt to get looks from a gay guy.

I've seen some pretty ugly, out of shape gay guys. If they're getting loving, then there are obviously some gay guys that would give an average joe a look in the shower.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you can't even see the real argument indicates what an idiot you are.

Once again, have you even read the thread? Has anyone actually said that?

Turn the situation around. Say you have a 100% lesbian woman. She should shower with heterosexual men and not feel self conscious at all? I mean, she's not interested in them, so no big deal right? Alot if not most lesbian women would be VERY uncomfortable in this situation.

Does that make her an "idiot" for thinking she's "so hot" ?

Anyone failing to see the valid concerns of people feeling violated in such a situation have been uber brainwashed by the PC police.

This isn't about "OMFG I hatez the gheys!" rednecks, it's about people simply not wanting to be violated or overtly embarassed/self conscious.

You simply just won't even listen to anyone's reasons or concerns, you just flat out decided anyone who dare raises any concerns about anything related to the issue is a loony homophobe.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Good post. None of us are backing TH and none of us hate gay people; we're simply pointing out that the "showering together" concern is legitimate.

We hear over and over again from various sources that "OF COURSE GAYS ARE NOT CHECKING YOU OUT IN THE SHOWER LOLZ, GET OVER YOURSELF." Well, anyone who understands sexual attraction realizes that this is a lie.

It doesn't undermine any other "gay issues," per se, but I don't buy it. I know how my horny heterosexual brain works, and unless someone convinces me that the "gay brain" is somehow different and would not be attracted to a naked man in the shower, then I think it's a real concern.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you can't even see the real argument indicates what an idiot you are.

Once again, have you even read the thread? Has anyone actually said that?

Turn the situation around. Say you have a 100% lesbian woman. She should shower with heterosexual men and not feel self conscious at all? I mean, she's not interested in them, so no big deal right? Alot if not most lesbian women would be VERY uncomfortable in this situation.

Does that make her an "idiot" for thinking she's "so hot" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, wait.

Straight guys can't shower with straight women.
Straight guys can't shower with gay women.
Gay guys can't shower with straight women.

So, I guess this means we should have 4 sets of showers? Segregate out the straights from the gays and the men from the women?

But, wait, since straight men should have the right to shower without feeling like they are being "checked out", shouldn't gay men? And since we can't put the gay men with any women in the shower (bet it straight or gay), I guess we actually need group showers for straight men and straight women, and individual private showers for any gay men or gay women, you know, so everyone's right to not be checked out or be uncomfortable is upheld.

Did I finally figure it out?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:35 PM

Personally I always wonder why the hell they don't just wait until they get back to the hotel to shower. I mean given a choice, what straight guy wants to shower with a bunch of other guys anyway? And how hard would it be to have shower stalls for guys that do have to shower to be somewhere right after the game?