Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: iWitness v2

I'd say bloat, in large part because of how it would have to be done. iWitness doesn't read the open tables, beyond seeing that they're open -- it looks at the table list in the Lobby. Getting current players seated would require clicking on each table and waiting for the player list to fill in (and the player list is dated, anyway.) This would be very slow. Going through 10 current tables would take longer than the whole one-minute sleep time!

However, we could a achieve the same result in an easier way. The person's real goal, if I read their situation right, is not to exclude player X, so much as to avoid duplication between played tables and observed tables.

For that, we just need the "obs only" mode for iWitness to be run at the machine where the person is actually playing. This version doesn't open tables or read the lobby at all; all it does is read the tables already open, and write it to a file so that that other iWitness clients see those tables as already open.

Done, and within the existing general framework!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:07 AM

New problem - once I fixed my CPU issues most everything seems to be running fine, except:

When I leave iWitness unattended, sometimes Party seems to create a window that doesn't appear on the taskbar, but is instead minimized to the bottom left corner of the screen. It can't be restored, and it has nothing but "Party Poker" in the title.

When I close the window, immediately a new table opens, so looks like this is happening when iWitness tries to open a table. If I then do a CTRL-T everything proceeds smoothly.

No idea why this is happening but looks like iWitness has to detect and close this one.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:03 PM

Thanks a lot, I just figured out how to set up a wireless network (I never looked before), so now it should work as you said.

Yeah, my "feature" was sorta redundant when iWitness already does this.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:27 PM

I don't think it's redundant, right now, if you're playing, I think iWitness tries to open up extra tables. I don't like that, myself, so I leave it off, and just let my other machines dupe my hands. It's not a really big deal for me.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:38 PM

I have iWitness working with multiple user accounts on the same computer; however, today I decided I was going to use my laptop to datamine as well.

I have iWitness located in its own directory: C:\Program Files\iWitness and am sharing it on my network.

I then fire up the laptop, open up the shared iWitness folder but its not recognizing the other users on my main computer who are already running the app. Why? Its using the same .ahk file and executing from the same directory. I'm confused...
Old 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM

It'd be nice if a max players feature could be implemented so that I can mine full tables running short.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Roland can you possibly get iWitness to work with the newly re-integrated Empire client which is again part of Party and allows 12 tables max?
nice for mining on separate workstations w/o any tricks.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 PM

Roland,

Do you think it would be possible to add an option to open the new Heads Up SNGs? I have no idea if something like that is feasible or not, but I hadnt seen it suggested yet so I thought I would bring it up.

Roland, SamIam and others who have contributed to iWitness:

Thanks for all your hard work in bringing this great script to the community. You deserve a medal of honor for doing such great work on this project, and most of all doing releasing it open source! Thanks again!

Thanks
Cranberry
Old 04-06-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roland can you possibly get iWitness to work with the newly re-integrated Empire client which is again part of Party and allows 12 tables max?
nice for mining on separate workstations w/o any tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't really been involved with the iWitness script, so can't really be that much help, but you could try this until Roland or Sam gets time to fix it:

Open the script in NotePad or WordPad and use the "search and replace" option:

Search for: PartyPoker.com

Replace with: EmpirePoker

NOTE: This won't quite work as expected I guess, but it's worth a try... If this doesn't work, then try getting one of the old versions of iWitness and doing the same search and replace.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Ive never gotten iWitness to work. Since everyone else can make it work its clearly something wrong on my end. I just dowloaded the latest AHK and the latest script. When I open iWitness I set up my groups and hit go. It opens PP and scrolls to each of the limits that I have selected. It opens 0 tables and eventually just minimises the party client. Once in a while it will open one or two tables if Im lucky. What am I doing wrong?