FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Heidi Klum 61 44.20%
Josie Maran 77 55.80%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Yes....I\'m Bias. So Refute My Arguments. If You Are Able

[ QUOTE ]
With regard to the flag, it does not matter to me whether the wind was blowing the flag or not. A 4x6 ft flag is a TINY-TINY object on a large ship like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The survivors interviewed by the Tribune uniformly agree that the Liberty was flying the Stars and Stripes before, during and after the attack, except for a brief period in which one flag that had been shot down was replaced with another, larger flag -- the ship's "holiday colors" -- that measured 13 feet long.

Concludes one of the declassified NSA documents: "Every official interview of numerous Liberty crewmen gave consistent evidence that indeed the Liberty was flying an American flag -- and, further, the weather conditions were ideal to ensure its easy observance and identification."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With regard to the flag, it does not matter to me whether the wind was blowing the flag or not. A 4x6 ft flag is a TINY-TINY object on a large ship like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The survivors interviewed by the Tribune uniformly agree that the Liberty was flying the Stars and Stripes before, during and after the attack, except for a brief period in which one flag that had been shot down was replaced with another, larger flag -- the ship's "holiday colors" -- that measured 13 feet long.

Concludes one of the declassified NSA documents: "Every official interview of numerous Liberty crewmen gave consistent evidence that indeed the Liberty was flying an American flag -- and, further, the weather conditions were ideal to ensure its easy observance and identification."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you posted this refuting it was a 4x6 flag, thats not what your quote says.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Yeah....EVERYONE Believes the Attack was Intentional

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have another site which supports this?
The USSLiberty.org site is a joke. I don't mind reading biased sites when they have well documented information but these jokers are over-the-top.... It reads like the Turner Diaries....

[/ QUOTE ]

read the link and google the naval officer prosecutor guys name. he's gone public he should be on a lot of websites.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add the fact you have a jet pilot flying 500 mph in the middle of a war who sees a warship in a place where no friendlies are suppose to be...... It is not that surprising to me the ship got attacked...

[/ QUOTE ]

just for the record the liberty was well in international waters
Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 AM

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...5/194813.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
The most stunning revelation was a statement by Capt. Ward Boston, the senior legal counsel for the Navy's Court of Inquiry into the attack on the Liberty. His statement was read by Rear Adm. Merlin Staring, a former judge advocate general of the Navy. Following are portions of what he read.

The late Admiral Isaac Kidd and I were given only one week to gather evidence for the Navy's official investigation. Despite the short amount of time we were given, we gathered a vast amount of evidence, including hours of heartbreaking testimony from the young survivors.

The evidence was clear. Both Adm. Kidd and I believed with certainty that this attack, which killed 34 American sailors and injured 172 others, was a deliberate effort to sink an American ship and murder its entire crew. I am certain that the Israeli pilots that undertook the attack, as well as their superiors who had ordered the attack, were aware that the ship was American.

I saw our flag, which had visibly identified the ship as American, riddled with bullet holes, and heard testimony that made it clear that the Israelis intended that there be no survivors. Not only did the Israelis attack the ship for over two hours with napalm, gunfire and hundreds of rockets and missiles, Israeli torpedo boats machine-gunned three life boats that had been launched in an attempt to save the crew – a war crime.

After saying he was moved to speak out by a book titled "The Liberty Incident" by Jay Cristol, he described it as an attempt to whitewash the facts. He then dropped a bombshell, saying, "I have firsthand knowledge from many personal conversations with Admiral Kidd that President Lyndon Johnson and Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara personally ordered him to cover up the true facts and conclude the attack was a case of mistaken identity despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

He did not mention that LBJ also rescinded an order to send carrier-based fighter planes that were only 15 minutes away to defend the Liberty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just for the record the liberty was well in international waters

[/ QUOTE ]
And just for the record, warzones include international waters. International waters extends 3+ miles from the shore depending on the country.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 AM

Perhaps they should have raised their "Holiday" colors BEFORE the attack instead on there smaller colors. This is like locking the barn after your horses have been stolen. But this is moot since based on the legality of flying false colors, identifying a flag on a ship is not enough to rule an unidentified ship to be a friend or foe....

1. The US Navy ordered the Liberty not to be within 100 miles of this warzone,
2. They told the Israelis they had no ships there,
3. The ship's captain sailed the ship into a warzone, and
4. the dumbass nearly got his ship sunk as well as nearly getting his entire crew killed.

The Captain would make a better scapegoat than the Israelis. The Israelis had a reason to be there. The Captain of the Liberty did not..... The Captain could have easily been made the bad gut in this investigation... He certainly did not deserve a medal... This is like Sen John McCain getting medals for getting shot down. You give medals to people who do good things...not people who screw up....
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Geez...Here is the Bottom Line

As for killing the survivers in lifeboats, the Israelis probably thought these sailors were Eqyptians. In WW2, Admiral Elliot Morrison wrote that US Navy craft often machined gun Japanese troops in the water rather than try to save them. This was done because Jap prisoners did not honor surrenders and would attempt to kill their captors.

Arabs are not known for their human treatment towards prisoners (much less Israeli prisoners), so the Israelis returned this karma upon them.... Payback is a bitch...

It is obvious the Israelis were trying to sink this ship and kill the crew. The question is did the Israelis have a valid reason to believe this was an enemy ship. The answer is YES for the following reasons:
1. The USA told Israel they had no ships in this area.
2. Despite orders not to be within 100 miles of this warzone, the captain of the Liberty entered this warzone.
3. Sane civilian ship captains do NOT sail ships into warzones, especially near the Israeli coast where they fear a possible sea attack. So the Israelis could logically assume any unauthorized ships in this area were probably enemy ships.
4. The Israeli pilot identified this ship as a military ship.
5. Whether the Israelis saw a flag or did not see a flag is a moot point. The false flag tactic of naval warfare makes identifying a friend or foe much harder... They saw a military ship near their waters which was NOT suppose to be there. So they attacked... So please spare me they saw/did not see the flag story. It is irrelavent...

***If*** there was any whitewashing of this incident, it was to cover-up the gross incompetance of sending the USS Liberty into a warzone without notifying both the Israelis and the Eqyptians..... LBJ and several US Navy officers could have caught a lot of hell from this screw-up. End-of-Story.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Yeah....EVERYONE Believes the Attack was Intentional

[ QUOTE ]
of course, the antisemite card. more propaganda/

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the anti-semite card not appropriate?
PLO = Palestinian Liberation Organization which is an anti-semite group.
Am I wrong PLOlover? Do you approve of and/or support the PLO?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: USS Liberty: Accident or Cover-up?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Felix, you're contradicting yourself in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh? Well make your case......I'm listening.

[ QUOTE ]
...which presumes the best intentions in the world and an absolute gentleman's behavior on the part of Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it does not....it presumes when it comes to foreign policy, Israel never does something unless they have a rational reason for doing so.

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, if Israel believes it gains something by attacking the U.S., it does not hesitate.

[/ QUOTE ]
They destroyed some US property (not lives!) to try to prevent the Suez Canal from falling into enemy hands. Like I said Eisenhower was an idiot by presuring the UK/France to give the Suez Canal to Eqypt. Just like Jimmy Carter was an idiot to give the Panamal Canal away. I wish the Israelis were successful in this trickery. A burned building is a small price to pay to keep the Suez Canal in friendly hands...

Uh.......you were going to make a case on how I was contradicting myself. Yes?