Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Cost-benefit analysis of going pro, please help (VERY LONG)

inline with what pittm said, dont wake up at noon. Games on non us sites are good well before noon, and its just not mentally healthy to have a schedule like that. Being able to wake up at noon and later is nice. Doing it daily is not.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Cost-benefit analysis of going pro, please help (VERY LONG)

Playing poker for 8 hours a day gets old fast like some have said. However, the money that could be made strongly counteracts the boredom. If you mix in a few live tournaments you should be fine.

If I were you, I would quit my job and play poker for 6 months. If things are going good then play for another 6 months. If things are still going good then keep on playing.

If things ever go bad, it won't be hard to get back into the workforce. You may have not made any progress or advancement but you should be able to enter at a level of the job you have now.

If you are not happy now, there is no reason you should keep doing what you are doing. You are financially sound and can take a risk at doing something you might like. And, if that doesn't work out move on to something else. That is what life is about, finding what you like/love to do and doing it. You gain nothing from continuing to do something you know you don't like doing. Holler.