Yeah, she was being silly. 11 8.03%
Yeah, but that was not the time to bring it up. 49 35.77%
tl;dr/whatever 15 10.95%
No, You need anger management classes, 62 45.26%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: diablo 2?

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone making a hc char? geez.....for poker players you guys are pretty lame [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude guys play poker here with thousands of dollars on the line in 1 or 8 or 20 tables at once, and don't buy a 50 buck battery back-up. How tuned to risk/reward do you think they are?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone making a hc char? geez.....for poker players you guys are pretty lame [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lvl 35 (i think) orby sorc HARDCORE4LYFE!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regular ladder I'm down.

/w *IWEARGOGGLES. Making a summon necro.

Also, if you're in Vegas, come to our house and play!

[/ QUOTE ]

regular ladder is ghey........make it HARDCORE.....regular is like play money man

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, right on!

offer tal amu, need shako or good griffon's (europe hc exp ladder *OMGMissShepherd)
Old 06-26-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regular ladder I'm down.

/w *IWEARGOGGLES. Making a summon necro.

Also, if you're in Vegas, come to our house and play!

[/ QUOTE ]

regular ladder is ghey........make it HARDCORE.....regular is like play money man

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, right on!

offer tal amu, need shako or good griffon's (europe hc exp ladder *OMGMissShepherd)

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG what i would give to have a shako right now...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I installed it a few months ago, but couldn't get into it again due to how badly the graphics had aged; too bad as I really enjoyed it back in the day. I also am looking forward to D3 in the worst way.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I decided to play this again. Got the battlechest version with the expansion pack and fairly worthless strat guide. I think I was looking for some simple, straightforward fun, just to play against the computer for a while. Not sure if I'll be into it again for long enough to play it multi-player.

Started a necro again, like one of my last characters. The graphics are dated, even at 800x600, but it's not super ugly on my widescreen 20" LCD. I think it more than makes up for it in terms of visual flair whenever you're not in a desert or one of those endless long linear dungeons. I like the music, too. I seem to remember the music going dry in many parts of the game the last time I played, which was a huge bummer.

Reading up on the game a bit on the web, the necro seems to have his capabilities changed quite a bit from patch to patch, at least as far as the ones who concentrate on summoning. I'd like to see if I can do a clay golem with golem mastery and poison nova. I bought a merc rogue with an ice bow, and jeez, she makes it so easy with her freezing, at least as of last night. I love freezing! She kills off some characters by shooting over walls before I even know they're there. That might be a danger sometimes though. We'll see. As far as I know, there's no way to disable her auto-shooting anything that attacks or gets near enough. Anyway, I started last night and got to level 6, and now have a golem, a skelly, and a rogue helping me out, and I'm only one player. Pretty cool! My own little army of misfits.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM

By the way, this is a bit google-tardy but the answer would probably come vastly quicker here -- there's a skill shrine that gives +1 to all the skills you have at the beginning levels, around the rogue camp. I'm trying to put that off until I have many more skills.

Is this going to backfire if I leave this territory or get a certain level? I mean, can I go back once I'm well advanced, or will the territory be blocked? I'd love to come back with like 15 skills or something and do it.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 PM

Skills shrines, and all other shrines, for that matter, are temporary. I'm assuming you remember this. The extra bonus you'll get to every skill you've already alocated a point into will get that boost, but only for a length of time. It's seriously not that big of an issue, the health or mana shrines were great when I needed them but the rest weren't that great.

As for your question, you can slaughter off an area and keep going forever and ever and then come back and get the shrine, sure. But once you've saved+exited, and then start it up the next day, I'm pretty sure all the creatures will respawn and the maps might respawn as well. To be honest, I never played singleplayer D2, but I'm pretty sure it's just like multiplayer.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:16 PM

I don't remember much of anything. I played a couple of characters right when the game came out to about level 40 I think, then quit.

I know what you mean though. There are some shrines that actually do something lasting, though, right? Pretty sure there are, but they're really rare. Like upgrade a gem or weapon, etc. Thought it was maybe one of those. If it's just a temp thing, no biggie then, thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember much of anything. I played a couple of characters right when the game came out to about level 40 I think, then quit.

I know what you mean though. There are some shrines that actually do something lasting, though, right? Pretty sure there are, but they're really rare. Like upgrade a gem or weapon, etc. Thought it was maybe one of those. If it's just a temp thing, no biggie then, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gem shrines upgrade a random gem in your inventory to the next level gem, but that's the only permanent shrine there is in D2. In the original Diablo, most shrines did something permanent, like +2 damage on your weapon, or +5 Vitality or something. Maybe you're thinking of that. Shrines are pretty minor in D2.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Yeah that must be it. I remember a number of those shrines, so it must be from the original Diablo.

I've stayed up way late playing D2 the last couple of days. Seems to be just the game for me ATM. I do wish there was more storage space; in EQ we eventually got I think 10 bags as a stash and could carry around tons more on our back.

I just now realized on level 10 that you could get your health and mana restored by going to Akara in the rogues camp. :P I had been drinking health potions all the time.

The expansion sure makes getting loot easier. There's a limit of 60,000 gold you can store up, and I'm already at like 23,000. Seen some awesome wands at Akara for my necro, ones with like +3 to clay golem and +2 or 3 to corpse explosion, plus a bunch of other effects too.

Any necros have any opinions on how much strength I should go for? Want to wear some good armor, and am up at 36 now.