Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: DN watches Al Gore\'s movie and makes major life changes....

[ QUOTE ]

seriously, he is such an easy mark....we gotta figure out a way to scam him out of his tourn winnings...

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words --- poker vitamins
Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is al gore flying around in a jet telling me I should drive less?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, actually he flies in passenger planes throughout the entire movie. Are you suggesting that it's hypocritical to take realistic measures toward protecting the environment and also fly in a passenger plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone referred to people commenting negatively on Danny's new love of everything green as being lemmings.

I would question whether those who have seen the movie and somehow feel Gore deserves the Nobel Peace Prize are the true lemmings.

USA Today on Gore's True Level of Green

As to the comment on whether he uses a private plane to promote his film:

"For someone who says the sky is falling, he does very little. He says he recycles and drives a hybrid. And he claims he uses renewable energy credits to offset the pollution he produces when using a private jet to promote his film. (In reality, Paramount Classics, the film's distributor, pays this.)"
Old 02-12-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-the rest of the world is helping, but the US didn't sign on to the Kyoto Protocol in 1997 even though we emit OVER 50% of the world's greenhouse gases

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason the US didn't sign on to Kyoto is because of b.s. numbers like that. There is nothing wrong with a concerted effort to reduce emissions and overall polution but Kyoto was more political then substantial.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole global warming thing is a overhyped joke from the Left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Global warming became the cause du jour after the Soviet Union went bye bye and people started thinking less about nuclear war. The scientific community will make up any lie to justify their existance. That is not to say that we shouldn't all try to be green -- we should.

But extremism in any direction is counterproductive and Gore has definitely gone extreme. In his case he is doing it for the political benefits. I can't say I blame him. As long as he keeps his political aspirations alive he needs to counter the other activists in the Party that are latching on to Hillary and Obama. McCain is doing the same thing on the GOP side. Crying about campaign finance reform while taking money from special interests.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you guys are a stupid crowd. Do you really care this much that a documentary influenced someone? I can't even fathom why it would bother you so much that he uses his blog to spread awareness on a topic he thinks is important. How does this make him a nutjob? I don't understand all you lemmings that claim he's lost his mind, etc., just because he chose to comment on something that he had never considered before.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

It baffles me. What the hell is wrong with some people criticizing Daniel for doing this?

Man, the level of stupidity in some 2+2 threads never ceases to amaze me. There was a time I used to think to be a good poker player you needed some level of intelligence. Sadly, it looks like that is false and any good primate (as shown from so many people in this thread) can make a living playing this game.

If only we could avoid them .......

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the professor. Is pompous the best word to describe your rant?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:12 PM

There's better threads on this topic in other, more appropriate forums. I was letting this run its course, but it's getting flamey and silly.
Closed Thread