Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: just a note on barry\'s 755th homer

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to point out that the guy who caught it kept the ball, not threw it back, and EVERYONE in the crowd high fived him for catching it, AND the entirity of petco park was cheering.

suck it haters, you're all hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of hypocrites, Padres pitcher David Wells...who was outspoken with his flippant comments towards Bonds in the media as he approached #715 last year....was seen in the Giants clubhouse after the game Saturday night asking the big man for an autograph.

David Wells brought his rare Babe Ruth signed ball that he had later gotten Hank Aaron to sign, and during the postgame he asked Barry to sign it as well, which he did.

It's the only ball in existence with the signatures of all three members of the 700 club.

On top of that, Bonds signed a bat for Clay Hensley, the opposing pitcher who surrendered #755. Hensley was sent back to the minors on Sunday, but at least he has a souvenir.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry = God

[/ QUOTE ]

no

Barry = Jesus on Roids (theres a difference)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the difference is that I don't give a [censored] if Barry took steroids, but it would matter a lot if Jesus did.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM

STEROID USE IS WIDESPREAD IN ALL MAJOR SPORTS EXCEPT MAYBE BASKETBALL. DEAL WITH IT.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM

thank god a-rod will beat this record and we won't care about barry anymore
Old 08-06-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
STEROID USE IS WIDESPREAD IN ALL MAJOR SPORTS EXCEPT MAYBE BASKETBALL. DEAL WITH IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I would agree with that assumption. If I had to pick a sport without roids, I'd probably choose Rugby/Soccer.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I would agree with that assumption. If I had to pick a sport without roids, I'd probably choose Rugby/Soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you're right, I can't really think of a reason why Rugby or Soccer players would use steroids.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry = God

[/ QUOTE ]

no

Barry = Jesus on Roids (theres a difference)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the difference is that I don't give a [censored] if Barry took steroids, but it would matter a lot if Jesus did.

[/ QUOTE ]

if jesus took steroids i'd be the most devout christian ever.
1. jesus's roid rage probably helps him wipe out all of rome in a single day, and that's just badass
2. jesus is buff, and who wouldn't love rambo as their messiah?
3. jesus and jesus alone had access to steroids 2000 years before it was even created. that's some sick insider info right there.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you're right, I can't really think of a reason why Rugby or Soccer players would use steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its not like soccer and rugby players take a ton of physical abuse and would need steroids to help with their recovery time or anything like that.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its not like soccer and rugby players take a ton of physical abuse and would need steroids to help with their recovery time or anything like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The whole situation disgusts me. 40 years ago, if a player who was a verifiable juicer was getting close to breaking Ruth's record, some aging pitcher getting ready for retirement wouldv'e been sent to the mound, with the express intention to stop juicebox, willing to lay his own career down early, knowing he'll be a hero in due time. This would be done to set an example to every other kid who would one day coming to the majors.

I believe Bonds, writhing on the ground, clutching his bad knee, which was just popped beyond repair from the sudden impact of a 100mph fastball, would be one of the great video clips in the history of professional athletics, but, wouldn't matter now. Guess I'll have to join the people who want to brand a * into his forehead.

~Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

And just how would this aging,near-retirement pitcher throw a baseball 100MPH? I am convinced that Roger Clemens (who is also a complete [censored] as Bonds is imo) took steroids just as I'm convinced Bonds did, but I won't make baseless accusations because unfortunately the guy has never failed a drug test.

If you do any research you'll find that steroids help pitchers more than they help hitters.

Also, a 100MPH fastball to the knee wouldn't come close to ending Bonds' career. Moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

The accusations aren't baseless. They are based on observations, statistical evidence, and Bonds' own testimony... And a 100 MPH fastball to his knee would almost certainly end his career as it would probably do enough damage to keep him from playing, and aas old as he is I doubt he would be able to recover to come back for another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think there is some tough guy, old-timey age in which this would actually happen to Bonds for taking roids? This is more of the same typical BS, "the old days were so much better/tougher/cleaner/more manly" when its all a bunch of crap. There was cheating 40 years ago, there was cheating 70 years ago, there is cheating now. No one cared then, no badass pitchers were ending careers, and they aren't about to start now. You know why? They don't care. They cheat too. And its a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL where did you get any of that from anything I've posted, dude you need to calm down. You said a 100 MPH fastball woudn't hurt barry's knee and I said it would almost certainly end his career. As for the old times being rougher, it sure as hell was, do you know anything about baseball? I'm not saying Barry would have bene thrown at in the manner that that poster was tallking about, but he most certainly would have for other things, mainly hogging the plate, and perhaps being black. Read a little about Ty Cobb and then get back to me on wether or not it was a rougher era.