60 0 0%
70 0 0%
80 4 23.53%
90 7 41.18%
100 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: South Park starts up again tonight 10/3

boy south park has been a huge disappointment for like 4 seasons now. I remember in one of the episodes from early seasons one of the boys was saying that no show should make it past 100 episodes cause they run out of ideas. That's exactly whats happening with South Park. Most of the episodes are all about satire now and every joke being made has already been used in one of the previous eps....
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM

I'm amazed that so many people like the old episodes more than the last few seasons. I've been watching the show regularly since like Season 5, and some of the best eps have come in the last two years. Episodes like "The Succubus" and the Korn Halloween special were very weak, especially when you compare them to, say, the "I broke the dam" episode, or Douche and Turd, or some of the other excellent social commentary eps we've seen lately.

I'm a diehard SP fan, and I'm thrilled with the direction the show has gone the last few years (with the exception of last night, though I think that's a fluke).
Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM

obv, seasons 1-2 are among the worst, 3 started to get better, 4-8 were mostly solid, and 9-now is going downhill, with a few great episodes sprinkled into the mediocrity.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
 is offline

I've only watched it occasionaly over the years but always been pretty entertained.

One episode that sticks out and made laugh like crazy was the one with the underpants gnomes. Just crazy hilarious.

Now I wish I could find that song they did somewhere.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 PM

I think every episode this season except NOTLH pretty much sucked. Same with most season 10 Episodes.

People who say it got bad before that are crazy though. Seasons 8 and 9 were some of the best ever.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 PM

You people are insane. This episode was great. Easily the funniest of the season.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are insane. This episode was great. Easily the funniest of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

male on male nipple sucking for the sake of male on male nipple sucking is retarded
Old 10-11-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Negative Nancy's Vagisil is on sale for $5.99 now. Just so you guys know.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh there almost needs to almost be 2 threads, one for die hard fans, and one for regular watchers.... i really like a lot of the commentary here like claytons earlier post is pretty insightful.

its just that to someone that has seen episodes like 'fat camp', 'melvins', 'rainforest shmainforest' etc easily 50+ times its just so depressing to watch crap like 'the snuke', or the homeless episode get turned out because you truly know what these guys are capable of (there are obv exceptions here, which seem to vary between ppl. to me easter special stands out in this season).

btw im not trying to be condescending or anything here, the ppl enjoying the new episodes for a laugh probably have a less biased and more accurate overall opinion of how good the new episodes are. its just that the die hards have the emotional investment in the characters and a show that just doesnt exist in the way that it used to.

i dont give a [censored] about 'king of kong'. i dont give a [censored] about 'jesse jackson' or 'bono'. i care about the old stan, kyle, kenny, cartman, randy etc.

perfect example was chris hansen.... he is awesome yes. he had funny lines yes. but he had no [censored] place whatsoever in that last episode about tourettes. catch a predator was just so far removed from that storyline and the way it was forced in was just painful to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a die hard fan who has been watching since the show first aired and have the entire series on DvD. You sir, are insane. The show is just as good now as it always has been. This last episode was amazingly funny satire, just like Rainforest Shmainforeset was amazingly funny satire. Also, I have no idea WTF King of Kong is. Yes, there are random bad episodes, like last season's Towlie episode. Then again, the worst South Park episode ever was that stupid Great Expectations episode way back in season 4.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

male on male nipple sucking for the sake of male on male nipple sucking is retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

That was certainly the worst part of the episode. Doesn't mean the episode wasn't great.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That was certainly the worst part of the episode. Doesn't mean the episode wasn't great.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but the rest of the mediocre episode does.