Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1B , Saturday, July 7 **

sigh.. big stack all day.

had 120k or so at the beginning of last level. run JJ into AA then TT into AA, down to 70k.

euro [censored] who's been opening alot opens in hijack to 3500. i make it 10.5k w/ KK on button. floop is Jc2c9x and he c/r me all in (he covers by very little.)

i am pissed and steam how lucky he is but know i have to call because of all the draws/whatever out there. as i am opening my mouth he says "i have you beat." grrr.

now i'm pissed because my mind is all [censored] and what was a call is now a tough decision. i am just so pissed he thinks he is being clever and now he might get me to fold. i decide i just do not know how to interpet that speech so i ignore it in my decision and call.

he obv starts screaming yes yes yes yes cause he has top set and it manages to hold while he is being loud enough for the whole poker room to hear. this is like 15 minutes left in the day.

[censored] donkaments.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 AM

survived but had 90k going into last level where KK was cracked by 9To on the river, JJ ran into AA in blind vs blind, and JJ ran into QQ at the very end. 20k left, ship the championship
Old 07-08-2007, 07:33 AM

still in the hunt...i didn't know i was playing against johnnybax until i got on my computer, ugh
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM

oh yeah, there was a really cute asian photographer for some reporting site, does anyone know which site she works for?
Old 07-08-2007, 07:52 AM

Alright, this will be lnog but ill try to run through them all. To begin, im alive but down to 20k. Ok, the hands

50/100 blinds, first level. I get KK early and raise, 4 callers, bleh. Flop comes 226 flushdraw. I cbet 2/3 pot. First guy calls, but his hands are shaking, uh oh. Everyone else folds. Turn is a third 2. I check call a 40% pot bet. River is a 9. I should donk 1/2 pot but dont and check, he checks. Missed so much value.

Lose a few small ones, down to 20k. Blinds are 100/200. Ep player makes it 600 to go. I have KK and make it 2k. He makes it 6.5k. I decide [censored] it and shove. He tanks for 15 seconds and calls with AA, wtf you slowroller. I barely have him covered. First card is a K, ship it. He goes off, I taunt him.

This hand involves te 90/15 player to my immediate left. He plays every hand and was chipleader of the ME after 1 hour because he ran hotter than god. He cant help himself but bluff sometimes. A few limps to him in sb, he makes it 1000, I reraise to 4k from bb with QQ. He calls. Flop comes 49T with 2 hearts, I have no hearts. He checks, I check. Turn is a 6h. He bets 5k. I call. River is a offsuit 7. Ugly. He bets 15k. I knew from eariler that he value bets smallers. Not sure what the big bet means, but I tank and finally call. He insta mucks. ship it, up to 64k now really early on, very close to chip leader.

Few boring hands vs Jeff Lisandro that show his calling stationess, and his tpnk's beat my missed flush draws every time. Down to 55k. I then win a few small pots and steal my way up to 100k. Then back to 70 (just after you called) then back to 90k going into the final 2 hours of the day (last level).

I get destroyed this level. Blinds 400-800 100 ante, 10 handed. To begin, some new guy opens in Hijack to 2.5k I make it 7k. He shoves for 26k on top. I have JJ and there is 16k in dead money so I call, maybe bad, but cant be by much. He has AA and I miss.

Few orbits later, I get KK and raise. Loose guy who thinks hes really good and he can read my soul calls (he always just called in position pre with alot of hands). HU, flop comes JdTd8c. [censored] awesome. I check, he bets, I call. Turn is a blank. I check, he bets, I call. River is an offsuit 7. I check, he bets really small, like 10 into 40k, I cry call and he has T9o. Maybe I should raise the turn but we were both deep relative to avergae stack and its a really dirty board. Whatever, hes stupid aggressive in bad spots, hence the line.

Then in the last orbit I open button with JJ, repops me and I call. Flop comes K high and we check it down, his QQ is good. Bleh. Sick last level.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM

Montel's down to 15K.

Paging Dmitri Nobles.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 AM

made it to day 2, with 32,200 in chips. was up to maybe 60k at my peak during level 5, but some stupid middle pairs failed to achieve. but hey, still in it and not really shortstacked yet, so ship it. plus i get 2 days off for scrippas and such
Old 07-08-2007, 08:19 AM

This is not a misprint. It was an unraised pot where he limped on the button (after another limper or 2) and the SB completed.

I thought the fold was insane myself and De Wolfe even said how crazy it was to fold getting over 6:1, however, after the other guy busted he told De Wolfe it was a good fold, making it one of the weirdest hands ever.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:21 AM

I finished the day at 29k. Was up to about 43k early, then I decided to lose every pot where I saw a flop for the next 6 hrs.

Ps. I was at Jane Gold's table for a while. She sucks, but flops good like her son. AJ<KJ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Finished the day with $168,900. Good lord.