Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: My rebuttal to Mark Seif on RawVegas.TV

[ QUOTE ]
I do think there is a good chance that cheating WAS going on previous to this scandal, and the fact that they're deleting hand histories only adds to the suspicion, but it's still not enough to prove anything, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine a scenario whereby a professional poker player shills for an online poker site but has a very busy career and life and therefore allows an insider to pose as him online. The insider plays badly, then, in an effort to regain the pros reputation as a good player, goes into ‘god-mode’ and crushes the opponent. When confronted with that reality afterwards how would the pro react? Would he want the poker community to know that he allowed someone else to ‘put in his screen time' by playing under his name or would he try to cover for this and inadvertently get himself in deeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM

Seems like an internet 12-year old catfight to me.

Dan Druff comes across like less of a duetsche I guess.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never really though much about it when i first read this, but the concept that a site destroys its HH data is WAY more worrying to me than ANYTHING else that has come from this.

Seriously, this is like 10 times worse than someone using a superuser account to see hole cards.

This remind me of a film scene, im pretty sure it was Wall Street, where late at night a bunch of employs are sat around a shredder feeding files into it because of an investigation that was going on.

There is two ways to look at it, the cynic would say there is WAY more to this story than what has been shown so far and so they have destroyed evidence where people have used the 363 or similar to cheat. The optimist would say that the site is a heavily mismanaged company that is highly incompetant and has a systemicly failed to set up the systems required for such a company to operate effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

deleting hand histories is CRAZY!!!!

incompetance or theivery are the ONLY 2 conclusions that I can logically draw from it
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM

Wow, this middle aged lady is IMPRESSED by the way you handled the situation and this interview. VNH sir. . .
Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Again, I can't believe that it would be the policy of an honest company to purge all hand histories that are older than 3 months, in direct violation of common sense and the KGC's regs. They get caught red handed stealing at the very top of the organization, and all the records that need to be examined back in time are ***poof*** gone.
Quite frankly, such a policy only makes sense if a company has something to hide. If it were just mere incompetence, they would just sit on the hard drive. I mean, they do have yesterday's HHs, right?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 PM

Who taxes these clowns, if anyone? Is there a nation whose tax laws would matter as to what records of revenue have to be kept for how long?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Druff,
That was a very well spoken video.

My guess is they will miraclously find the HH's after they have time to doctor them up so that Seif can be cleared. They are going through all the hands that didn't go to showdown and inserting hole cards that might make some sense.

Not that the HH matters anyway, his behavior after the scandal broke was sickening and his name is sludge now.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:13 PM

If they dont keep HH's, then what is this 3rd party audit going to consist of,lol AP
Old 10-31-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on AP at this point. They need to prove to us that there WASN'T cheating before all this, or we should assume that there was. You'd be a [censored] fool not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, this isn't right at all.

I hate AP as much as the next guy but they are still innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The fact that they don't save their hand histories by itself is just more shady doings from Absolute, but hardly proof that cheating was going on before this. I do think there is a good chance that cheating WAS going on previous to this scandal, and the fact that they're deleting hand histories only adds to the suspicion, but it's still not enough to prove anything, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

from a legal perspective, sure. as a business that would like to continue having customers, the burden is clearly on them to prove convincingly that there wasn't cheating or that, if there was, its been resolved and won't happen again.
of course this won't happen because its abundantly obvious that there was cheating, that they know it, and that they're doing a stunningly terrible job of resolving the problem.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 PM

Ok do i have this right? before scandal Mark claimed to be an owner, after scandal he is just a poor spokesman who even gets the run around dodge from Ap's customer service. But he claims to be credible on his Raw vegas Video rebuttal.