Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV SURVIVOR
KILL BASTARD 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: NEW Poker After Dark - June 18- International Week

Booth should have just gave up, nothing he could do heads up, PA is aggressive and when an aggressive player keeps hitting 2,3,4,5 outers on you, not much you can do. Guys like PA you trap and make big calls heads up, it's just too bad PA kept hitting on the turn and river.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM

PA running super hot? Yeah right he was just playing good poker. Brad getting Aces like 4 times and KK almost back to back etc and PA dodged all those. Then he lost to that horrible 74 preflop shove etc. And when the heads up play started Booth had a big chip lead over PA and I didn't see PA getting that lucky to get most of Brad's chips, Booth was just doing horrible calls and started steaming, that's why he lost...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PA running super hot? Yeah right he was just playing good poker. Brad getting Aces like 4 times and KK almost back to back etc and PA dodged all those. Then he lost to that horrible 74 preflop shove etc. And when the heads up play started Booth had a big chip lead over PA and I didn't see PA getting that lucky to get most of Brad's chips, Booth was just doing horrible calls and started steaming, that's why he lost...

[/ QUOTE ]
he did it like 3x more hands postflop than brad though.

Preflop hands dont matter that much in heads-up. Coolers do.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I loved watching the finale, because I think it was the first time that I ever saw such a long heads-up match, with only one, desperate, play any two cards all-in move. It was Brad's 7-4 all-in, that was previously mentioned.

I was expecting about 5 more of those lame all-ins, and then some table dancing and girl-on-girl action with Shana and Natalie to close out the show.

Oh well, I'd still give it an A+ overall, even without my dreams coming true.

I can also die now, because I've finally enjoyed a very long heads-up match with some nice hands and co-operative boards that induced some extra bets. And most importantly, with none of that frequent all-in crap, that I saw very often on Poker Superstars!

The name's Face. Poker Face. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Roll credits. Fade to black. Audience cheers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Yes, I'm still alive, for now, but I forgot to mention that after that 7-4 hand, Patrick said, "Nice hand, Mr. Booth." Although, because of Patrick's thick accent, it was easy for me to imagine that he said Mr. Bond, instead of Mr. Booth. I loved that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Finally, give me about 30 minutes or so, and I'll give you a sneak peek of tonight's Director's cut. (No video available. NBC is holding my family hostage in case I say too much.) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Since, Roger's Sportsnet showed tonight's Director's cut at 4pm eastern for some reason, I can give you a sneak peek, in spoiler white. Nothing in the spoiler is necessary to read. It won't add to your enjoyment, nor really take away from it. Still, some people want to know nothing, so just don't read the spoiler, if that describes you.

For the others that are slightly curious, I'll just briefly dicuss tonight's musical flair; list the 10 hands that were shown (only 8 of them were specifically discussed); and briefly mention the winner's interview and of course, touch Shana's boobies...I mean touch on Shana's bloopers (sorry, I've been drinking again). Cue the spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT (For Tonight's NEW Director's Cut-episode 6): <font color="white">

I loved the choice of using internationally flavored music. It started off with Verdi's, La Donna Mobile (funny), and then continued on with many soothing guitar instrumentals and some snappy latin beats etc. Well done.

Here are the 10 hands shown (maybe more- if I somehow missed one?):

1) Benyamine's A-K vs. Hansen's pocket 9's.

2)Booth's pocket aces limp VS. Hansen's pocket 9's elimination. Interestingly, Gus mentioned that his previous fold of that same pocket 9's hand, might have influenced his playing it. At least that's roughly what he implied, I think. I believe Gus is one of those players that has trouble folding good hands, when he gets them a second time, after previously folding them.

3)Daniels 9-5 suited clubs VS. Patrick's Q-7 suited, also of clubs.

4) Daniel's J-9 suited Vs. Brad's A-Q (Brad hit the Queen on the board).

5)Marco's pocket Jacks Vs. Patrick's pocket 10's.

6)Marco's K-4 suited (all-in) Vs. Benyamine's A-9.

7)Benyamine's A-4 all-in Vs. Booth's pocket Kings.

Next, they showed just three heads-up hands, and discussed only the last one specifically. Brad just talks about the below: (8) and (9) in general.

8)Patrick's A-2 Vs. Booth's A-3 (no player comments were done.)

9)Patrick's K-6 suited Vs. Booth's 7-2 suited (no player comments were done.)

10) Booth's A-J Vs. Patrick's J-3 (final hand of match.)

Surprisingly, unless I somehow missed it, they didn't show the hand where Booth laid down the 3 aces to Patrick's flush. They just played the part were he said to Patrick,"Would you believe I had 3 aces?", and then Patrick's response: "Highly unlikely."

Next, we get a typical 90 second Shana sit-down interview with Patrick and then about a minute's worth of Shana's boobies (I wish)...er... bloopers. They were ok, but not as cute as last week's ones were. Still, there were some nice one's, so they're still worth watching, as usual.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ahh... it's time to go. The NBC suits are kicking...I mean signalling me to end this now.</font>

Don't forget to watch this episode, this morning, at about 1am eastern in some markets. Check local listings for other times. NBC is the best network in the world![img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Chow. Au Revoir. Au Revaderchi. Sayanara. Goodbye and good night.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 PM

lol, I just realized David Benyamine said "ship it!" right when Patrik doubled up during Tuesday's episode.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:20 AM

Watching poker on television sucks when there's a weather advisory covering up the river card.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his laydown of 3aces was amazing though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I the only one practically screaming at him to push the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda bad hu play overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was just like Booth said: it's frustrating for him to play against Patrik, especially heads-up. I don't really know how Booth normally plays PA heads-up, and there's a big difference between the HU cash they normally play online and a live 6-max semi-turbo SNG (which is what PAD sort of is), but I thought he got timid and tried to be too tricky when things started going bad.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how he took 1500$ from me at 10-20 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not Patrik Antonius. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching poker on television sucks when there's a weather advisory covering up the river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll be worse without Ali commentating next week.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:06 PM

The best part was that sick chip roll Booth did. Did anyone else see that ? Had like 10-12 chips I believe, turned them on their side and rolled them all towards PA without any of them coming apart or falling over. I gotta learn that one ...