Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 19 Discussion -spoiler free-

I think there's a decent chance of this, but, I think that it's way more likely there's something to this than some other likely production errors.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 AM

On purgatory/hell.

<font color="white">Given that Cuse and Lindelof have said about 10 times that it's not purgatory/hell, and just recently said it again in the past two weeks, it's not that. I mean, we've seen the outside world and Michael and Walt have presumably made it back there.

This should be put to rest. Of course, just about everyone smart doubts it.</font>
Old 05-03-2007, 01:52 AM

also, daryn, regarding arguing with an idiot. keep in mind that he can bring you down to his level, where he is more experienced than you are.

grandmastabone, perhaps it would be useful to include links to past lost threads from the starter thread? maybe just the last five, or even the whole list.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 AM

I think an interesting point that NT! sort of alludes to in his post is how did locke get the tape recorder from ben? Did he just simply take it when Ben wasn't looking or is there something more to it?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 AM

Just thought about this....

Juliettte can't get off the island until she accomplishes what she came for. And from everything we've seen, her "mission" is to make it possible for women to give birth on the island. Any chance that Sun actually did get pregnant off the island, but Juliette lied to her and to Ben(on the tape) so that when she gives birth and lives it makes it seem that Juliette has accomplished her goal?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just thought about this....

Juliettte can't get off the island until she accomplishes what she came for. And from everything we've seen, her "mission" is to make it possible for women to give birth on the island. Any chance that Sun actually did get pregnant off the island, but Juliette lied to her and to Ben(on the tape) so that when she gives birth and lives it makes it seem that Juliette has accomplished her goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting idea, although it would be hard to explain when sun gave birth to a full-size kid two months early
Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 AM

I have something I didn't see mentioned this week, and maybe I'm being stupid wondering but....

That Richard(?) guy gave Locke Sawyer's file. Was he doing that known to Ben, or unknown to Ben?

Also, I was going to request the same thing from Grandma Stabone about posting a link to last week's thread in the OP every week. But considering the effort put into the OPs each week already, I didn't want to sound like a jerk in requesting it. I would be really grateful of it though, as I tend to end up having to go search the forums myself ot find it and crap. I'm sure others would benefit from this as well, too.

Either way, good work every week GS!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have something I didn't see mentioned this week, and maybe I'm being stupid wondering but....

That Richard(?) guy gave Locke Sawyer's file. Was he doing that known to Ben, or unknown to Ben?

Also, I was going to request the same thing from Grandma Stabone about posting a link to last week's thread in the OP every week. But considering the effort put into the OPs each week already, I didn't want to sound like a jerk in requesting it. I would be really grateful of it though, as I tend to end up having to go search the forums myself ot find it and crap. I'm sure others would benefit from this as well, too.

Either way, good work every week GS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that Richard was following orders from Ben because he is a sneaky little bugger.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 AM

agree, AJ, the source of the information leaves it very vague as to whether ben is complicit in it or not. and also as to whether there is a growing rift between 'leadership' and the others. it's especially interesting because it's richard, who seems to be a pretty high-leverage Other, doing a bunch of recruiting, being a close assistant to ben, etc.

we don't know if ben knows, and we don't know if the appearance of a rift is for real, or if it's known to ben and part of his manipulations, or if it's known to ben and NOT under his control.

my suspicion is that it's known to ben, but i am reserving judgment on whether it is something he is setting up or whether it is outside his control. if it is 'outside' his control, there are further possibilities: that he doesn't know at all, that he knows but can't/doesn't act on it, or that he knows and is encouraging it / working it into his plans.

my current suspicion is that he knows and is working it into his plans. and that those plans may even involve an attempted coup, perhaps one that supplants him with locke.

i think decisions by juliet, or perhaps even jack, regarding loyalty and the Others will be a big part of the finale, and this coup may be part of it too
Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 AM

Off topic but was that Richard guy in the Brooke shields show Suddenly Susan?