Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

That’s a matter of personal opinion MK. I contribute very little in the for of content here, I know that though. The arrogance in these threads rivals IanBarns.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To rephrase, I don't think I'm that good, I just think poker is easy because everyone else is bad. People simply don't practice poker as much as they do chess, baseball etc. and thus it's easy to be far ahead in the learning curve in this game, or far behind. Also there are plenty of regulars on extended heaters who play short bi rules and are susceptible to tilt meltdowns etc. (Which makes it easier for the bad nits to prosper)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QTip youre wasting your time here. There is about a 0% chance that Renton is going to "enlighten" anyone here. He's such a poker mastermind that it is above him to give out that kind of info to inferrior players like us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm? Renton has given quite a bit to these forums I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow ok, what i was saying wasn't meant to be totally elitist. Also, ive never claimed to be superior to anyone, i have no idea where that came from.

As proof of my humility, i'll tell you why ive been playing 1/2 lately: its because i think my winrate there may be twice as high as 2/4 (or more humbly, my winrate at 2/4 possibly <3ptbb). I'm on a 50k+ b/e stretch, and im experimenting a lot with my game to try to find leaks. For example, i've even been halfstacking lately, and we'll see what comes of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for playing straight here. I was a bit on the defense there because we do have some elitists present ad nauseum.

I agree with your assessment of the value of the OP.

To your be stretch, I really think a lot of that can just come along with playing a game like the midstakes stars game. We're normally playing with 6 good players and one or two poor players (some that use aggression quite well). A mix like that is going to create a bit of a wild ride imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:22 AM

50nL

Slythefly-solid
Nickianthony (purple monster)- solid, aggro.
A10Warthog-Will tilt sometimes, although almost always solid

These three players I have found are very difficult to extract money from when you hit a big hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That’s a matter of personal opinion MK. I contribute very little in the for of content here, I know that though. The arrogance in these threads rivals IanBarns.

[/ QUOTE ]

so...why are you even complaining if you've contributed very little? Renton has given a lot, his well is testament to that. it seems ridiculous to be upset that he tells others not to be afraid of other "reg" players.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 AM

I'm not complaining or upset. I posted an opinion of mine. Which is what this thread is, a bunch of opinions.

If Player A asks a question about Player B and player C gives his opinion of Player B should Player A believe Players C's opinion of Player B? I would say no because Player A and C are different and Player B might play different against them.

Guess what? Who cares what I think. I have a keyboard though so I must be telling the truth.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QTip youre wasting your time here. There is about a 0% chance that Renton is going to "enlighten" anyone here. He's such a poker mastermind that it is above him to give out that kind of info to inferrior players like us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm? Renton has given quite a bit to these forums I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Man, the hate is just too much around here guys.

Let's just chill. Ok. Some of you guys need to smoke a J, sit back, relax, and just rag on the 50nl players. Or maybe watch your equalizer and eat some cupcakes and Taco Bell, K?

You guys gotta realize you have to have an ego to be good at this game. We all do. I mean it is a very humbling experience for me to look at PT and see "2/4nl, 60k hands, 1.4ptbb." Guess what guys, I'm a "bad" reg and I'm a "good" reg. I beat 400nl, that is an accomplishment, and compared to 80% of the players I am great, and compared to the 20% of the players better than me(it might be 30 or 40, IMO), I am not a good reg. It is all in the eyes of the beholders, and IMO I really see no reason to argue it. Some people view others that are worse than them as bad regs, some view people that don't win as bad regs. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeessssss.

Word to your mother, Peace up, A-Town down, yea yea, get that money ya'll.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Right. Like Schwallie said, if I think I'm better than you it really shouldn't bother you much. You can think I'm delusional if it makes it easier for you, I'll think the way I think and you think the way you think and we can be gentlemen at the table and drink Johnnie Walker blue and talk about how whack the noobs are.