Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: The Well: El Diablo

"Threaded is never optimal for anyone smart."

This is obviously not true to anyone smart and not under the influence of emotional aggro.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Threaded is never optimal for anyone smart."

This is obviously not true to anyone smart and not under the influence of emotional aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

go away. lots of people are enjoying this thread. please troll elsewhere.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:56 PM

I also am enjoying this thread. ED is quite insightful and seems to live an interesting life. I do not believe that I am trolling and my original questions were brought about by legitimate curiosity.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:00 PM

Great thread El Diablo !

1)Rate in order : italian wine/french wine/american wine
2)what are some cool meals you can prepare yourself with relatively short time/effort
3)can you recommend any good books about role of randomness/chance in life (may be scientifical/prose/essays, anything)
4)What would you prefer doing for living:
a) being a code-monkey type programmer
b) being a 200NL 8 tabling grinder

Thanks !
Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also am enjoying this thread. ED is quite insightful and seems to live an interesting life. I do not believe that I am trolling and my original questions were brought about by legitimate curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 PM

El D,

How do you generally react to minraises? Are they as frequent at the stakes you play as they are in SSNL? Say you open A8s in CO and unknown Button calls; you CB a K77r flop and he minraises. How often is this a good hand, versus a play at the pot from someone who thinks you missed the board? What's your response? What about on a Q82r board?

Also, how do you stay involved in playing sports past college? I'm a year away from graduation, at which point I won't be able to just walk down to the school rec center and be able to join a basketball/soccer/whatever game at pretty much any time; I'd like to keep playing for fun though.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 PM

EL D

""where did u go grow up? have any siblings?"

London/Norway/Houston. Younger sister."

Where in norway? (and why, if you don't mind me asking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 08-17-2006, 07:29 PM

punter:

"1)Rate in order : italian wine/french wine/american wine"

french/american/italian is I think probably the right answer.

american/italian/french is how I go based on both value and knowledge.

"2)what are some cool meals you can prepare yourself with relatively short time/effort"

I am a big fan of simple grilled or roasted stuff (chicken/fish/steak) on the Foreman or in the oven or on the BBQ with raw or grilled vegetables like peppers/tomatoes/onions/avocados as sides. Also, corn on the cob. And sauteed greens (kale, spinach, etc). Also like lots of packaged Trader Joe's stuff. Basically, I eat very simple and healthy at home, and more complex stuff when I eat out.

"3)can you recommend any good books about role of randomness/chance in life (may be scientifical/prose/essays, anything)"

John Allen Paulos has a number of great books, Innumeracy and A Mathematician Reads the Newspaper among them.

True Odds by James Walsh is also very good.

"4)What would you prefer doing for living:"

Pro sports superstar or rock superstar would rule. Oh, I see, multiple choice....

"a) being a code-monkey type programmer
b) being a 200NL 8 tabling grinder"

I think a) because I would interact with people more and have an opportunity to mvoe out of that job easier. If I had to do either for 20 years, probably b).

goofy:

"How do you generally react to minraises?"

Generally reraise w/ good hands and draw cheap and stack people w/ draws. If I missed, it's totally based on opponent. Some guys this is reliably a probe that they will 100% fold, other guys this is always a set.

"Also, how do you stay involved in playing sports past college?"

Tons of both recreational and competitive leagues in all sorts of sports. Also, you can find pickup games for stuff like basketball and soccer.

MT:

"Do you enjoy being 'in the well'?"

Sure.

"Do you think these 'well' threads are super great?"

Yes, I can't wait 'til bruiser is in the well.

matrix:

"is that perchance a reference to the song "Colour Blind" by Skin (?) (whom I recommend you look up if it's not, going on some of your other postd musical preferences)"

No. Will do.

"Are you simply gifted in this regard or is your memory recall something that you need to work on in order to maintain?"

I just have a really good memory for the most part. I don't do any exercises or anything. I don't have a "photographic" memory, but I can recall conversations, posts, hands, financial details, whatever in great detail for a very long time. That's why I can pretty instantly often come up w/ old threads in OOT or HSNL because I can remember phrases to search for in some response someone made a year ago or whatever.

"has your cover some other way almost been blown without your knowledge/consent ? "

People have posted various info about me here. I ask to have it removed for privacy reasons when I'm aware of it. I'm not especially secretive or anything, I've met plenty of 2+2 folks in real life and anyone who really wants to find out who I am irl can do so pretty easily. I just find it fun to participate on this forum, but don't care to have tons of random strangers involved in any way in my personal life outside the forums. For the most part, I just find that concept weird.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:34 PM

pon,

Oslo. Bekkelibakken street. Went to OAS 5th/6th/7th grades. Dad designs oil rigs.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the answers Diablo. It.s really a pleasure to have good HSNL posters answering all these questions here.

regards,

dardo