Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I just withdrew all of my money and am moving to a safer site

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this soft stance by FTP for whatever reason is going to come back and bite them in the ass in the long run.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be some sort of middle ground.

Obviously I don't want poker sites confiscating funds right and left over any little matter, as that would lead to horrible problems.

And obviously I don't want botters/scammers/cheaters running amok either.

Perhaps needing "proof beyond any doubt" is necessary for confiscation, however poker sites need to have penalities or recourses BESIDES this.

I think in this case something along the lines of "Ok, we've investigated you. We can't PROVE you are doing anything shady, but it's pretty clear you probably are, you can keep your funds but take your business elsewhere"

Or "You can keep playing here, but knock off the BS (4 accounts playing simultatneous from the same IP address"

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

It is unbeleivable that FTP is simply saying "can't prove it, carry on" about this whole mess. Wow.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be some sort of middle ground.

[/ QUOTE ]
There already is. We're just too involved in the 2+2 lifestyle to realize it.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I don't want poker sites confiscating funds right and left over any little matter, as that would lead to horrible problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
No reputable poker sites have done this yet. When we read about it happening, it's usually the most extreme examples.

[ QUOTE ]
And obviously I don't want botters/scammers/cheaters running amok either.

[/ QUOTE ]
No reputable poker sites have allowed this yet. When we read about it happening, it's usually the most extreme examples.

I guess you can see my point. Middle ground situations DO occur. They just aren't enough of a publicity attraction to be made public. It's been like that for a long time. I remember several instances where Party conducted investigations and closed accounts of cheaters that were local to my area (New York/New Jersey). The only reason I know about them is because of the live game circle I was in. One of my casual player friends even had his account temporarily closed because he happened to be at the wrong tables at the wrong times; and he played so badly that Party thought he had to be part of this cheating ring. His account was reopened, but the other actual colluders never saw their accounts or their money again.

There is no 2+2 assistance in many of these "quiet" cases and they're NOT generally made public. I'm sure there are lots of situations that are handled solely by poker sites.

Probably 90+% of the world of poker occurs outside of 2+2. Yet, for some reason, most of our poker experience is based upon events from inside. It's an unfair bias.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:08 PM

I for one need a better answer than, "We can't prove without a doubt that they are bots, so we'll let them play and if we catch them in the future, we'll cross that bridge when we get there."
Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 PM

Absurd response. People guilty openly admitted to using scripted tools, FTP did nothing to close their accounts.

No example was set.

You are not allowed to bring tools to a live game, why should you be allowed to use automated scripts online?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:23 PM

My question is do you know of any bots that have been banned by FTP? I still have those super short buy in guys that play 7/5 all in preflop poker.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absurd response. People guilty openly admitted to using heads up displays, FTP did nothing to close their accounts.

No example was set.

You are not allowed to bring tools to a live game, why should you be allowed to use a HUD online?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to have to realize that it is not ultimately ethics which guides what is and not allowable, but expectations. The sites Terms and Conditions (their "rules") in the end instruct us on what is expected and what is allowed.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 PM

Wow. [censored] FT.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Hey FT,

Bye.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you honestly believe that the whole one month investigation and account freezing was just a facade?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no reason to believe that FT conducted any reasonable investigation. The response they left here(no bots at our site, move along now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and the info the Chuck provided for the investigation says it all. Since they didn't ask Chuck for any information other than a utility bill, what could they possibly be looking into for a month+ besides the data left behind that shows clearly that something isn't right here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]