Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

If you're waiting for sean hannity to see a blackwater mercenary spray a middle school its not gonna happen. Rush limbaugh and o'reilly aren't over there. Our ability to report on and especially witness these events is very minimal as a result of this war being halfway around the world. Primary sources from the region however, seem to be the most reliable sources possible, yet for some reason, you seem to not think its true until foxnews, or the wall street journal or some such reports it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're waiting for sean hannity to see a blackwater mercenary spray a middle school its not gonna happen. Rush limbaugh and o'reilly aren't over there. Our ability to report on and especially witness these events is very minimal as a result of this war being halfway around the world. Primary sources from the region however, seem to be the most reliable sources possible, yet for some reason, you seem to not think its true until foxnews, or the wall street journal or some such reports it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Millions and millions of videos have come out of Iraq since the US invasion. One of them should have something!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:01 PM

ok, look, you seem like a smart guy, you know what fallacies are? just about every one of your arguments is either fallacious or intellectually dishonest, I hope you recognize this, if not look into it, not everyone is dumb enough to buy stuff like that. If you want examples, let me know.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Alright, I've decided that we should just start this back over from the very beginning. We'll start here:

Out of all the reports you've read, ask yourself this. "How would the writer of this report know Blackwater agents were involved at all?"

Do you have any idea what Iraq is like right now? There are, at the last I heard, right around 30 or so different security companies in country. Also, remember, security agents, no matter what agency they came through, do not wear uniforms of any sort.

Next, keep this in mind. There are more random lunatics in Iraq right now than most people are aware of. Bounty hunters, for one.

Also, according to reports I've received from those who've returned from Iraq, every American there is walking around with a gun, including builders, other random construction contractors, DOD vendors in Iraq on personal business, everyone.

I think that argument #1 would be that, imo, every time a white man out of uniform shoots someone, "Blackwater did it".
Old 11-04-2007, 04:23 PM

oh i see since i said all u do is argue with fallacy, u set up a nice little straw man for me!! thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 PM

straw man
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Were you not aware that Blackwater agents (or any other agent for that matter) don't wear any type of gear which would identify them?

How do you know? I'm sorry if you think I'm guilty of using fallacy, intellectual dishonesty and setting up straw man arguments, but I think people accusing a group of murdering hundreds of thousands of people in cold blood should bring forth a little evidence, and not just baseless accusations that make them feel morally superior.

Do you disagree? I ask because so far all you've brought forth is, well, baseless accusations.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM

It's not that "i think you're guilty of using fallacy and intellectual dishonesty...." that is CLEARLY the case and you are setting up straw man arguments... people who use arguments like these tend to use them because they have no sound logic behind their position, which in and of itself is a good reason to not use these types of arguments. Take a step back, and a deep breath, and examine whether or not u ACTUALLY believe the things you are saying for valid reasons.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM

All I've asked for is some hard evidence that A) the person involved is actually in any way affiliated with Blackwater, and B) An unjustified shooting by this person occured.

You seem much more interested in arguing about the way I make my points than the validity of them. Could that be because YOU don't have sound logic behind your position?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM

there's this
and since u'll undoubtedlty say the ny times is biased, there's this
i could find more for you, but if you care you can just google for yourself