Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 07:07 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin apologizes

He cheated, he got caught. As long as Party and Stars have the wherewithal to stick to the punishment they've doled out, and not roll over like some soft-hearted step-father, then this whole matter is settled for me. Being banned from the two biggest poker sites seems like a pretty big deal.

And the money that the sites took from him needs to bere-distributed to the other players somehow.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 PM

Zero tolerance is the only way to make cheating too risky to try. Even then, there will always be someone willing to try to get by the easy way. Like in the old west, I say, run them out of town.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:07 PM

What is wrong with entering big tourneys with more than 1 account ???? Obviously, there will be more pricemoney. People play many cash games to make more money and entering a big-multi table tourney more than once just safes time ( if you are a winning player). Hitting the same table is very unlikely anyways. BTW I hate tourneys and i never play them. But if i would ; i can't see any cheating here. Time is money and i take every advantage i can get.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is wrong with entering big tourneys with more than 1 account ???? Obviously, there will be more pricemoney. People play many cash games to make more money and entering a big-multi table tourney more than once just safes time ( if you are a winning player). Hitting the same table is very unlikely anyways. BTW I hate tourneys and i never play them. But if i would ; i can't see any cheating here. Time is money and i take every advantage i can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go, the [censored]'s about to hit the fan.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 PM

i hope this is a troll post...because no one is this stupid
Old 03-31-2006, 08:26 PM

Yes he cheated. Yes it was wrong. However, Pokerstars did the right thing to make sure the money won came from a legit tourney. If ZJ did win the 100,000 mostly from SIT and Go's that he did not Multiaccount in the same S&G, I think Party is a little to greedy to take the 100G. Take all the money from any tourney he signed into with more than 1 account.

flame away

Scotty O
Old 03-31-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes he cheated. Yes it was wrong. However, Pokerstars did the right thing to make sure the money won came from a legit tourney. If ZJ did win the 100,000 mostly from SIT and Go's that he did not Multiaccount in the same S&G, I think Party is a little to greedy to take the 100G. Take all the money from any tourney he signed into with more than 1 account.

flame away

Scotty O

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you. Pokerstars is actually a legitimate site and I am almost 100% positive that they fairly redistributed the money among the tournament players. They did the right thing. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if Party Poker just kept the money for themselves.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of things wrong with this and they were illustrated in the original thread by cat or whoever. A math geek figured that over the course of 10 tourneys, ZJ would have a 95% chance of being at the same table with 2 or more accounts(he has also stated that this happened). I'm sure he multi-accounted more then 10 tourneys. The edge you get from this is ENORMOUS! Plenty people think ZJ did not collude with himself when he did get to the same table. I think that is a ridiculous idea.

Also a buy-in's value is never worth the actual buy in. To a bad player, the buy-in is worth less. For example, a 100 dollar buy in to a big tourney is probably worth 70 bucks to a fish. To ZJ the buy-in is worth significantly more. Maybe 150. Everytime ZJ enters another entrie the fish's buy in becomes worth even less. So it drops from 70 to 65. A 3rd entrie and the fish's buy in is worth 50. You can look at it as stealing.

Also, at the top rungs, ZJ's wins take thousands and thousands of dollars from other top rung players. This is no laughing matter. It is very serious. Figure that ZJ and other top pro's were doing this over the course of years and the offense, and money lost by legitimate players is HUGE!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

flame away

Scotty O

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-accounting high level SNGS is cheating. It is not as blatant as entering multiple entries to MTT's but it is still cheating.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

flame away

Scotty O

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you. Pokerstars is actually a legitimate site and I am almost 100% positive that they fairly redistributed the money among the tournament players. They did the right thing. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if Party Poker just kept the money for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party redistributed the money confiscated. There was one instance where one of JJ's account had 40K in excess. I don't know what happened to this.