Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Style opinion and social commentary on clothing

Is this design making biz for real? If so lemme know who's doing the designs and if you are looking for contributions (designer I am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 04-06-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you are probably too old, and definatly too rich to be wearing t-shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too old? Too rich? Style is a way of expressing yourself
Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VERY SIMPLE RULE for males over 25:

Keep your shirts simple; no fancy designs like most in this thread. It makes you look like an idiot who is trying to be young. Plain white T shirt, an old faded sports shirt, etc... If ZeeJustin would wear it, then you shouldn't. And please, if your not in shape, do not wear a tighter fitting shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple rules like this are what leads to people being blinding uncreative.

Wear what you like, what you look good in, and do so with confidence. Don't listen to what Details or random message board poster #25 has to say.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wear what you like, what you look good in, and do so with confidence. Don't listen to what Details or random message board poster #25 has to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Yo El D,

I have an uncanny ability to spot douchiness, in particular with regards to gay t-shirts. Almost all of the t-shirts you posted in this thread are gay as hell. What I'm saying is, hire me to work in your company as some sort of "gay spotter." If t-shirts aren't gay enough, I'll send them back until the design is gay enough to charge sick monbies for it.

I'll be out of college soon and I don't have a job, so I'll work for food and introductions to hot chicks.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sort of agree

[/ QUOTE ]

I think (depending on the "look" you are going for) there are some basic style guidelines to follow. There are, depending on your body type, things that look "empirically" better. Also colors for certain skin tones.

Through ex-girlfriends and female friends I have a good sense of what cuts fit me best and what colors look good on me. Guys in general don't know a ton about clothes and I think it's helpful to have some simple hard and fast rules to abide by.

Again - really depends on if you are trying to portray yourself in some way through your aesthetics - cause your clothes are a big part of it. But I'm definitely not looking to be particularly creative in the way I dress and don't like to think about it that much, and I bet most guys are like that... so the rules help.

I'm basically a yuppie that lives in a hipster neighborhood of LA - so I dress pretty conservatively (and follow style guidelines for that line of dress) and mix in some hipster crap to try and be cool (but definitely the more subtle stuff).

-Al
Old 04-09-2007, 03:38 PM

I was browsing some t-shirt companies online that I had previously ordered from and every design I saw sucked. Lame witticisms, tired cliches, gay designs like the kind el diablo apparently wears. So I bought some stuff from American Apparel:

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=2001_Army.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=M434_M%E9langeForest_Forest.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=2001_Cr%E8me.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=2001_Black.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=2001_Slate.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=4400_Navy.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=5497_Army.jpg[/image]
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 AM

go to express. they have tons of graphic ts and long sleeved shirts like this. fwiw i like shirt 3 the best. this is not something i would expect an old ancient man like you to wear though. i think lands end makes a nice long sleeved polo shirt though, u should check em out.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Find chick who knows style. Hand her your credit card, tell her you need a new wardrobe. 2 -3 pairs of slacks, 6-8 shirts, a few sweaters, some casual wear, etc... I've done this a few times, it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's horrible advice. All your friends will abandon you and people on the streets will point at you and laugh.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Find chick who knows style. Hand her your credit card, tell her you need a new wardrobe. 2 -3 pairs of slacks, 6-8 shirts, a few sweaters, some casual wear, etc... I've done this a few times, it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's horrible advice. All your friends will abandon you and people on the streets will point at you and laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? this should work if you ask girls who know general fashion. I know some girls who I could ask this who want to be personal shoppers when they get out of university.
Closed Thread