Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: A question for OOT regarding longtime posters

[ QUOTE ]
Shake, no making politics posts in OOT.

(and by politics I don't mean political stuff, i mean starting some argument and hijacking my thread)

[/ QUOTE ]
He was the one that started arguing, I was simply asking how exactly a negative atmosphere can be good for the forum. And it certainly wasn't a hijack. But message recieved I guess.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:16 PM

yeah shake, others did take part as well, i should acknowledge that. too easy to pick on the politics poster i guess [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 PM

...edfurlong....

WTF?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(and by politics I don't mean political stuff, i mean starting some argument and hijacking my thread)

[/ QUOTE ]
He was the one that started arguing, I was simply asking how exactly a negative atmosphere can be good for the forum. And it certainly wasn't a hijack. But message recieved I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies if it looks like I was arguing. I wasn't at all... we can have a discussion, disagree and not turn it into a "My daddy can kick your daddy's ass" type situation.

I just didn't respond back to you because it's clear that we see things different and it wasn't going anywhere.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies if it looks like I was arguing. I wasn't at all... we can have a discussion, disagree and not turn it into a "My daddy can kick your daddy's ass" type situation.

I just didn't respond back to you because it's clear that we see things different and it wasn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
No apologizes needed on your part. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 05:55 PM

btw guys, diablo put this better than i was able to, what is really good to notice is newer posters who are showing a lot of promise or learning quickly. i'm pretty sure mbillie got off to a rough start (too lazy to go look it up right this second) but he has made a real effort to post well, and has done a good job.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:51 AM

edfurlong hasn't received nearly enough love in this thread.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 AM

Don't cry for me Oh-Oh-Tina, the truth is I never left you.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The [censored] era had its moments, but where OOT is today is a natural progression from what [censored] began.

[/ QUOTE ]
4_2_it,

I'd like to hear you elaborate on this. I've thought something similar, so I'm wondering if we're on the same train.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would attribute it to what I think of as the pendulum effect. For instance, you see this in US politics all the time. One party builds up support and power and then the people get sick of their spiel and vote in the other party. 10-20 years later, it happens all over again.

With OOT, most agree [censored]'s ways were necessary at the time; however, carrying out his program to the nth degree would eventually result in close to everyone getting banned. The natural outcome was either to see more relaxed rules or [censored]'s rules carried to this end. What happened along the way is that other outlets (Lounge, BBV4Life, ELD) were created which managed to somewhat retard [not stop] the progress of the snowball that [censored] started down the hill.

Now, I hope no one interprets this as a shot at [censored] or any of the current OOT mods. It's not. I enjoy posting in OOT and the other forums as much as ever. The pendulum will swing back the other way eventually requiring another [censored]-like purge. The cycle will repeat as long as the forum continues to get traffic.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 AM

I have rarely posted here on OOT. When I saw on the TV that Paris Hilton went back to jail, I started a thread. However, I did not see that one had already been started.

NT gave me a star and a warning I would be banned. He came over to NVG for his warning.

I would like to appeal, the American way. I will promise never to post in OOT again, if NT will remove the star.

That's fair. I wouldn't last long where some super-authority figure considers it politics and unaceptable to disagree with him.