Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB
S. Jackson - KC 10 28.57%
J. Addai - @NE 8 22.86%
M. Morris - Oak 4 11.43%
R. Brown - @Chi 4 11.43%
W. Lundy - @NYG 7 20.00%
R. Droughns - @SD 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

Way to skip the rest of the thread Clayton.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i like that but i still dont like the text on the bottom. maybe put it on the sleeve?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the most important thing, though. Without it, the shirt may well be interpreted as AP advertising at a quick glance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is poker, onlinepoker and onlinpoker sites really that known in the US?
I would bet a decent amount of money that in one month of me wearing this t-shirt not a single person would approach me and use the words "absolute poker" in direct relation [[EDIT: in ANY relation]]to that t-shirt. ["not a single person" being friends or relatives or college people (who would, if they knew about it) definitely talk to me as they see it <<<-- being a random sample cause I dont know anybody IRL who plays poker]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that for most people, the shirt will fly past them and we don't have to worry about what they think. The problem is for those who do know about online poker: they see "Absolute Poker" in AP's official font on the front, and they don't understand the rest, but just assume that it's an AP shirt. Without the URL, the shirt is just an inside joke with potential for misunderstanding (and the people who get it wrong will vastly outnumber those who get it right, even though those who don't get it at all will outnumber them both). Believe me, I think it looks better without it, but there are bigger problems.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Does "Absolute Soul Reader" have too little cheating connotations to be considered?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 PM

New starting hand nickname: 92hh shall hereafter be known as "the soul."
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mark never cheated, and has never cheated at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for us. I'm guessing you could tell from the sincerity in his vocal inflections he wasn't involved.

Also, someone else brought up a great point in this thread which is that these t-shirts are not doing anything to alert the average Joe to the situation with absolute poker. The average person will just see the shirt, see absolute poker... not understand wtf super user or #363 even represents.... and will just think you're endorsing the site with no questions asked.

Not necessarily a good outcome.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mark never cheated, and has never cheated at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for us. I'm guessing you could tell from the sincerity in his vocal inflections he wasn't involved.

Also, someone else brought up a great point in this thread which is that these t-shirts are not doing anything to alert the average Joe to the situation with absolute poker. The average person will just see the shirt, see absolute poker... not understand wtf super user or #363 even represents.... and will just think you're endorsing the site with no questions asked.

Not necessarily a good outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hence the insistence of some us on placing "absolutepokercheats.com" on the shirt.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Way to skip the rest of the thread Clayton.

[/ QUOTE ]

the rest of the thread sucked.

someone make those t-shirtsssssss
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the power of 2p2 in the pokerworld seizes to amaze me whenever i read 'statements' like these.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it mean when something seizes to amaze you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Epilepsy on demand? Dance, dance!

gg
Old 10-15-2007, 09:03 PM

At least he didn't seize to exist.

edit: Or have a seize-fire.

Or catch, with his surseize, success.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM

I'm just going to throw this out there one last time.

I think the shirt can either try to do a lot at the risk of confusing people...
Or try to be mostly an inside joke that many players in events will understand- but few outside the events will.

I think people have to decide what they really want.

As soon as you stick Absolute Poker in any form on a shirt I think it gets confusing, not to mention various legal issues I have no opinion/training on.
And I would never put Mark Seif's name/image in any form on it.

There's a pretty big difference between posting something funny in a BBV thread where nobody will take it seriously/ we all understand the humor of it, and walking around in public with it.

I like "superuser" "potripper" "363" and the 9h2h soul read logo all a bunch as general ideas.

From there it is unclear to me whether the shirt sould remain fun/clean and potentially interesting enough for people to ask about them (esp if many are wearing them) or whether they should actively SEEK to give information out.

My fave is still some form of Jersey looking shirt/t-shirt with more of an inside joke feel to it vs anything that looks like the AP logo. Just enough to ceate a buzz/second look type thing. But that's just me.

I will likely order something either way for myself, but I'm not part of the crowd that will end up wearing them to events- except possibly trips to Canterbury.
Closed Thread