Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Prs to be making me less broke? Financial Follies

I doubt he's trolling. He may be acting like a bit of a dick, but I don't think he's saying anything insincere. I also tend to agree with what he says.

One thing that I don't get is that you seem to come here a lot to ask for advice but you almost never hear anything you want to. Why do you keep asking? What do you think is going to change?

Living with friends and finding some sort of relatively menial job seems like the best thing to do. I doubt there's a silver bullet out there to fix these problems simply, because I feel like a lot more people would know about it. Standardized test tutoring, maybe? My roommate did that for a while and it seemed lucrative.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im afraid the answer would go over your head

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid you're full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's right. The upper echelons of mediocrity can see that they're mediocre. You're not there, and given your posting history, your ability to get there is minimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be very cutting but I would imagine it's intentional with the hope of piercing through the clutter in this thread.

Daver's pretty spot on, imo.

-Al
Old 05-20-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's right. The upper echelons of mediocrity can see that they're mediocre. You're not there, and given your posting history, your ability to get there is minimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be very cutting but I would imagine it's intentional with the hope of piercing through the clutter in this thread.

Daver's pretty spot on, imo.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on about what. The message 'hey, 'Cardo, you kinda suck' is well-understood and has been repeated many times. There is, to my eyes anyway, no other meaningful content to a statement like this.

What I ask all of you is - what am I supposed to do with a statement like this, other than resent it?

I mean, if you honestly think I'm too stupid / delusional to understand whatever the Chudster's flip remark was going to be - really he doesn't have one of course, it's just a gag - then I'm not really sure how to answer, except to tell you to go [censored] yourself. Maybe I have a short temper or just aren't looking at it the right way, but I certainly feel insulted, and think a lot of you have gone out of your way to produce just that feeling.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on being the most urbane, cultured, highbrow forum troll in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about this for 2 seconds:

1) You are poor and requesting help.
2) You turn down advice from posters who are doing well in non-gambling jobs.
3) People call you idiots and you don't realize why.

Think. Think. THINK FOR TWO SECONDS ON WHY YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:22 PM

To clarify: Have you thought that maybe you don't actually want our advice?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Spot on about what. The message 'hey, 'Cardo, you kinda suck' is well-understood and has been repeated many times. There is, to my eyes anyway, no other meaningful content to a statement like this.

What I ask all of you is - what am I supposed to do with a statement like this, other than resent it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to consider the idea that your self-proclaimed "genius" might be a delusion. The reason that people are offering this insight (aside from being dicks, which is obviously part of it as well) is that doing so might be a helpful step in getting going with whatever is next.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're supposed to consider the idea that your self-proclaimed "genius" might be a delusion. The reason that people are offering this insight (aside from being dicks, which is obviously part of it as well)

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, but perhaps people are fatigued by the Anacardo "woe is me" threads where they expend time and effort trying to help him only to be stopped at every turn. It's like he's deliberately self-destructive - in an annoying, public manner no less.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on being the most urbane, cultured, highbrow forum troll in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about this for 2 seconds:

1) You are poor and requesting help.
2) You turn down advice from posters who are doing well in non-gambling jobs.
3) People call you idiots and you don't realize why.

Think. Think. THINK FOR TWO SECONDS ON WHY YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the only way to keep a thread like this from becoming a travesty is to not think out loud at all, not pick and choose and ask for more information, and just in general not think critically? I mean, I respond to other people's questions all the time, and never imagine myself to be doing them some huge favor for which they should be appropriately, dutifully grateful.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're supposed to consider the idea that your self-proclaimed "genius" might be a delusion. The reason that people are offering this insight (aside from being dicks, which is obviously part of it as well)

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, but perhaps people are fatigued by the Anacardo "woe is me" threads where they expend time and effort trying to help him only to be stopped at every turn. It's like he's deliberately self-destructive - in an annoying, public manner no less.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get no argument from me - I don't exempt myself from the being a dick comment, because I've certainly done it before.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For [censored]'s sake.

I don't see why this has to be such a [censored] travesty.

This is the second such thread I've ever made. The first one was on psychodrug emotilt. This is a practical problem. It begs some larger questions but I think those don't necessarily have to be addressed for me to have gotten something out of this thread.

I'm thinking critically. I'm weighing options. Sometimes I say 'there's an idea,' or 'can I have some more information?,' but that goes ignored. I've received some useful PMs - thx guys - with links and whatnot. Sometimes I say 'I don't like that' or 'that doesn't seem like a good idea,' and that is apparently offensive to public opinion. I also really don't like trolling / the presumption that people who, obviously, know nothing about me at all have the handle on my temperament, capabilities, personal failings, etc. etc. etc. and can prescribe a cure that invariably takes the form of - 'you ain't [censored], son, get your mind around that and you'll be fine' - though what of a constructive nature could possibly be taken from that is anyone's guess. I've bitten my tongue a lot in this thread, but it just doesn't matter. And I can't help but wonder why.