Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 10/20 top two vs cts, 250BB deep and 3-handed

MDMA i agree with everything you say here, FWIW, except that i prefer a raise to 1600 or 1800 or something on turn much more than a turn shove - it looks a whole lot more bluffy, logic being - it seems like it's just nath wanting to get CTS off air, therefore, why would he risk a shove when he only has to risk 1800
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Oh yes sorry, I meant a turnraise as I said in the initial post, I was just discussing what RBK wrote, and when he wrote his post the turnaction hadn't been revealed, so he anticipated a big bet on turn. where a push would have been fine.

Now that cts bet small I def do not push either.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM

I doubt he check/folds AQ on the river. I'm not denying that he could have it. And I think raising the turn to rep a delayed bluff is fine, but I think giving him rope is fine, too.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Not raising the river is crazy.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM

you guys realize he is folding at any point in the hand where you raise him right?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys realize he is folding at any point in the hand where you raise him right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I don't mind the turn call. Because of the real chance that he folds to a raise. But to ducks credit, she did bring bring up some very good points. On the river though, it would seem VERY hardpresed for CTS to find a fold getting such good odds and the pot being huge by then. The turn call can be viewed as bait to tie CTS to the pot come river.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is he bet 1111 on river. This alone really makes it look like top 2 is the nutz. Leave it up to him to decide to call or fold to a river raise don't make it easy on him and just call. You are ahead here a lot more than u will be beat.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM

This thread has been interesting to say the least. I think there are a few facts I've taken from this thread though. This game is not that profitable for either player, find a better game. As for that, CTS plays very good and tricky. This is probably why Nath played this hand so "passively" even though he really didn't. I think both players played this hand fine given the flop action, which I usually don't play like that, but it isn't bad considering it's 3 handed and you both have LAG images. Btw, CTS, if you 3-bet more on the flop like I would have, I'm pretty sure you would have been stacked.

As for hand ranges, I think CTS's is so huge including sets, A6 AK-AJ gutshots and air. This being said, I think you can eliminate sets from his range after the river bet. The turn block bet can easily be perceived as a fake blocker with a set and hoping to be shoved on. However, when he blocks that river, I think you should be shoving because he does not play a set like this, unless you guys have crazy metagame, which this is an obvious cooler if you do. By shoving river, yes he might have you beat sometimes, but you are getting value out of all worse 2 pairs. Also, it's possible he can have AJ too and you blew him off a chop. I don't think he has AQ or AK here a lot, and those might call a river shove although I don't think it's too likely.

Also, I think you guys are underestimating the frequency CTS triple barrels this board. Nath's hand is pretty transparent, AJ being one of the top hands in his range, and he can bluff a lot on this river IMO. All in all, good thread except the morons who say minraise to everything, and both players played this hand perfectly fine.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 PM

I wanna play each and everyone of you everyday for the rest of my life.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna play each and everyone of you everyday for the rest of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're lobbin' that [censored] up, but I can't even think of anything funny to say.