View Poll Results: J9s
Raise 39 52.00%
Fold 36 48.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

snowbank,
shooter? i heard that movie is sortve meh. but who knows? havent seen it yet.

jay/snowbank,
city of god IS great. i recommend it to everyone here. basically, its a documentary type movie (not really) that follows rocket, a teenager growing up in the slums of rio de janeiro. the gangs there are [censored] brutal and are comprised of children and teenagers.

ghosts of cite soleil

this movie looks ALOT like a city of god-like movie. this coming movie is a documentary on the drug wars in haiti. looks pretty good.

42it,
havent seen many of those movies but i've heard the original POTApes movie is good. How about the other ones?

also, post some movies you are looking foward to. if you visit the lounge or El D's forum, then you'll have seen some of these.

3:10 to Yuma

3:10 to Yuma, a western starring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Looks great imo.

The Invasion

I think a remake of the body snatchers (the original was a freaky film). this one looks pretty cool.

1-18-08

This one is soooo mysterious, I dont even know what it is about. But it has the same producer as LOST (JJ abrams) so it can't be bad, right?

I am Legend

Originally a book, I am Legend is a post apoc story of vampires and how one man is immune to the Virus. He kills them during the day time and is a 'legend' /superhardass to them. I love post-apoc movies/books so I'll probably check this one out. Though Will Smith sucks pretty bad at acting.

American Gangster

And you guys need no explanation for this one. Crowe/Washington, movie looks awesome.

eh?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Anyone else looking forward to Bourne Ultimatum later this month? I hated the films at first, but then rewatched and really liked them, especially the first one.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Kil,

Come to [somewhere close to my place so getting back to my place will be convenient] to chill sounds perfect. She is into you so you really do not need to put on a production.

Jay,

I really have a soft spot for Stalag 17. William Holden was brilliant. TGE always seemed like a big ensemble piece (though very well conceived and executed brilliantly) while Stalag 17 seemed grittier and darker.

One other throwaway is It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. I wonder how many of the comedy icons of the '40's-'60's people can name without reading the credits. It's been ripped off recently (Rat Race) and is dated, but if you know who Sid Caesar, Phil Silvers and Ethel Merman are then it's a very enjoyable (and at times quite funny) nostalgic tale.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM

orange,

I am not a fan of the Planet of Apes sequels. They got worse and worse and really tarnished the original for a long time.

I enjoyed both Rush Hour movies so I think I'll probably see Rush Hour 3. My wife likes Jackie Chan, so it might be a date night kinda thing.

Not sure why they are remaking 3:10 to Yuma. Original was better than average.

Probably the biggest film I am looking forward to is one that is still in pre-production. It's The Thief of Always based on the novel by Clive barker. I am a Barker fan, but so far have found the movies based on his books sadly lacking (though the original Hellraiser was good).

In all honesty, Netflix is how I watch most movies these days. My schedule is such that I do not get to a theatre that often.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 PM

A couple of my all time favorite comedies are Office Space and Clerks. Classics, in my mind.

I'll throw in a foreign action film, too, Woo's The Killer. Another all time classic.

Jay, I'm definitely looking forward to the Bourne Ultimatum. I enjoyed the first two a lot.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Has anyone watched Kurusawa's Seven Samurai? I bought it a while back because it looks and is meant to be awesome. But I feel too intimidated to watch it (like 4 hours long). Any lovers?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
snowbank,
shooter? i heard that movie is sortve meh. but who knows? havent seen it yet.

jay/snowbank,
city of god IS great. i recommend it to everyone here. basically, its a documentary type movie (not really) that follows rocket, a teenager growing up in the slums of rio de janeiro. the gangs there are [censored] brutal and are comprised of children and teenagers.

ghosts of cite soleil

this movie looks ALOT like a city of god-like movie. this coming movie is a documentary on the drug wars in haiti. looks pretty good.

42it,
havent seen many of those movies but i've heard the original POTApes movie is good. How about the other ones?

also, post some movies you are looking foward to. if you visit the lounge or El D's forum, then you'll have seen some of these.

3:10 to Yuma

3:10 to Yuma, a western starring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Looks great imo.

The Invasion

I think a remake of the body snatchers (the original was a freaky film). this one looks pretty cool.

1-18-08

This one is soooo mysterious, I dont even know what it is about. But it has the same producer as LOST (JJ abrams) so it can't be bad, right?

I am Legend

Originally a book, I am Legend is a post apoc story of vampires and how one man is immune to the Virus. He kills them during the day time and is a 'legend' /superhardass to them. I love post-apoc movies/books so I'll probably check this one out. Though Will Smith sucks pretty bad at acting.

American Gangster

And you guys need no explanation for this one. Crowe/Washington, movie looks awesome.

eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

orange,

shooter didn't look awesome to me, thought it'd be pretty good, but after watching it the movie is probably in my top 10 of all time
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else looking forward to Bourne Ultimatum later this month? I hated the films at first, but then rewatched and really liked them, especially the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]absolutely
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Bourne Ultimatum should be good

I don't watch a lot of movies that aren't "mainstream", but some of my favs are:

21 Grams
Lucky # Slevin
Million Dollar Baby
Runaway Jury

anything w/ Morgan Freeman/Denzel Washington
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Cueball -

In my experience, girls that are a bit messed up in the head will do some CRAZY ASS [censored] in bed. Often into choking. Don't pass this one up. You don't have to fall in love with her, but give her a call as a follow-up just to chit chat. It's polite, and will secure future sex.
Closed Thread