Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

Basically I just turned up the aggression to insane amount. Like three betting flops and bluffing a ton when I feel I got decent fold equity against villain range and a somewhat decent hand or something that can improve like a draw. A friend/mentor was chatting with me about how to make certain situations profitable that seem to be hopeless and I never understood it so now I am trying to get a grip on it. But it just involves turning up the heat and reading hands well. My problem so far seems to be turning the heat off when I know I should...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I just turned up the aggression to insane amount. Like three betting flops and bluffing a ton when I feel I got decent fold equity against villain range and a somewhat decent hand or something that can improve like a draw. A friend/mentor was chatting with me about how to make certain situations profitable that seem to be hopeless and I never understood it so now I am trying to get a grip on it. But it just involves turning up the heat and reading hands well. My problem so far seems to be turning the heat off when I know I should...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok.
Yeah, pick your opponents very very carefully.

Axx boards may be good to bluff, but on the other hand....A tonne of players(Even guys with 22/15 stats) wont fold AJ.

But goodluck, enjoy the varience roller coaster [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 AM

Donated 5BI to 2nl economy on iPoker [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

People only took an orbit to adjust and start calling my preflop shoves with Q7 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM

lol yeah it will add more variance due to the more marginal plays but the guy who is mentoring me whips the crap out of NL200 playing like this. The biggest hurdle so far was willing to get all my money in on absolutely nothing. I was not used to that at all. Now it seems like the hurdle is knowing when to back off when its obvious nothing will work which mainly involves good reads of opponent. I figure it going to take like 20k hands at least before my mistakes are cut down but I think what is going to happen once things start to click is that I will be picking up a ton of nonSD hands and winning less showdowns since I am more aggressive. Only time will tell though.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 AM

you definately cant hudbot playing that style. how many tables do you play...and how many is your mentor playing?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 AM

Well, personally if your playing NL$10 or NL$25 then it wont be that +EV. However doesnt mean you need to be wild against the 40/30 guy over to your left, just pick on the tight guys.

Athiugh bluffs work alot better at NL$100 where people can fold TPTK etc than at NL$25.

However, youve gotta pick your spots and often you'll be in some "catch 22" spots.

Such as this "Hmmm this guys a nit who folds easily, i raise.... Wait do i raise, hes a nit... How much? Should i even raise a nit, hes probably ahead and ive got a wild image? Uhhh?"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] fun!

Be tough to multitable also
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 AM

he plays 1-4 tops mostly around 2-3. As far as hud not sure if he still using one or not, been awhile since i sweated him.

I play 2-3 mainly 3. I don't use much HUD. On mine is VPIP/PFR/CallOpen/3bet/AFreq. I probably use the call open the most and the others when I first sit down. but most of time I just go off what i know about villain.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Athiugh bluffs work alot better at NL$100 where people can fold TPTK etc than at NL$25.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would be shocked at what some people fold in certain situations when you take a certain line. you just got to know what they thinking and how they approach the game. once you got that its game over.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 AM

I can't get water out of my ear for about 4 hours, wah.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You would be shocked at what some people fold in certain situations when you take a certain line. you just got to know what they thinking and how they approach the game. once you got that its game over.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you pick your spots well, then yeah you'll get folds.

Just hard to factor in tilt/that they think your a psycho so dont fold 2ndpair top kicker/Shove air because they think your full of [censored]/other

Be interesting to see if your winrate goes higher than it pteviously was though.

YOu had a decent sample before trying this or not>?
Closed Thread