Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

(In other words I expect to find time to play poker)
Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hm k i found this

[ QUOTE ]
4. Defending the blinds. Click on "Turn Filter Off," and then click on "Filters..." again. Under "Blind Status" click on "Either Blind." Now under "Vol. Put $ In Pot" click on "Put Money In." This shows you if you're bleeding money out of the blinds. A "BB/Hand" of about -0.375 would indicate that you were no better off putting money into the pot than if you had folded. If your "BB/Hand" is larger than that, then you typically win back some of your blind money when you put money into the pot from the blinds. That's all you can really hope for. If you click on "Filters..." again and go under "Steal Attempted Against Your Blind" and click on "Steal Attempted." After you click "OK" you'll now see how you did when you chose to defend against a blind steal. Again, the magic number is for your "BB/Hand" to be bigger than -0.375; that means you're making back some of your blinds when you try to defend against a steal. If either of these numbers is lower than -0.375, you'd lose less money by always folding rather than doing what you're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

However undr position stats im losing .21BB/hand in BB [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, been a while since I read the pokey article. Sounds like you're doing fine. Do you limp much from sb when folded to you, or do you att to steal bb often?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the thread except for Ama's summary and the last 4-5 replies, but planning to fold nutflushes in fear of straightflushes when you reach SSNL and above really makes uNL look bad.

Ranges widen when moving up, not the other way ... and if you don't like commiting when deep, then rathole (100bb ratholing that is)

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly can't understand any of the people who are saying call is right, it was pretty obvious what had happened when the post was made, else why post it, but I mean come on when hero 3 bets river on a 4 diamond board when the pot was 3 bucks on the turn, he is saying to villian I have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villian in making his 4 bet is saying yeah but I have your A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] beat and I know you will call because thats what people do, they call with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so nitty villain has to have JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or to have made a misclick, I personally misclick only once every thousand hands or so, and I havent managed a misclick all in yet.

Whatever it's been done to death locking was best for it.

Erm and I read by one poster villian only has to be bluffing 7% to make the call right, I dunno how the hell they came to that, I think threads like that one are pretty useful because they force people to do something that they are rarely required to do in micro NL, being thinking beyond the first level. Fold but I have the 2nd nuts >>>> yeah but i already told him that and he's a good player and he pushed >>>>>> ...................

Mack
Old 09-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Ama, I agree 100% with locking that absolutely ridiculous thread. But, man, I do have issues with this comment you made:

[ QUOTE ]
Then AZplaya posts results, and a bunch of people who have no authority or experience to do so start saying that its an "easy fold" and if you don't fold then "good luck in your poker career". Which is just mind-numbingly ridiculous, un-neccessary and stupid, given that almost eveyone saying "fold" would be unable to do so in the 10 or so seconds allocated to them at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

a. I cannot believe that you think any decent player would call there. I also cannot believe you think it was close. We simply cannot assign villain ANY RANGE we beat. A set? A Kd? TcJc? WTF?? And the poster who said 99% of us would call was also wrong IMO. I'd say the figure would be 50% at most, and that would mainly be less experienced/lower stakes players, as Traz mentioned near the end of the thread.

b. Surely you can't think that anyone who posted after the results were posted was only doing so because they knew the results? Come on man - loads of respected posters posted after the results and know better than to be so results-orientated.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However undr position stats im losing .21BB/hand in BB [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Position stats includes money lost by posting as well, correct?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:33 PM

I am not sure I'd be able to fold there, but I am sure I'd bash myself for calling afterwards.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure I'd be able to fold there, but I am sure I'd bash myself for calling afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I think I tell myself he can have a worse flush, then tilt away another 2 buyins at other tables.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:39 PM

i agree that its a fold, but i'm not giving villain credit for being a good player. like i said in the thread, the worse he is, the more i call. however here we're so deep against this nit that is only doing this with the stone cold nuts.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

QFT. I think I tell myself he can have a worse flush, then tilt away another 2 buyins at other tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing - "the problem here is not only getting stacked that deep, but donking away my stack at every other table I am on."

The good news here is that if we got stacked every time we were up against a straight flush it wouldn't happen too often. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(In other words I expect to find time to play poker)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good deal man. Glad you are finding some balance and it is a good working environment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread