A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

Eskimo:
[ QUOTE ]

Herbie:
Why did you think I was pushing for you to be mayor, on the same day I posted up a full write-up of how the player that got elected as mayor could win if one person from the alliance defected with them?

accompanied with the quotes:

"herbie - after yesterday i have complete faith in you, i vote for you here trusting 100% you will do the right thing."

"i can rely on him today, just as if we choose to make me mayor tmr, herbie knows he can rely on me then"

did you realise i was trying to get you to defect with me and just not care? realise and decided to stick with the alliance and not call me out for strategy reasons? or not even notice?

DMK: congrats on making final 2. fwiw i was insta-voting rt over either of you so you did well on that decision. you can reply to this however you want, or just ignore it, it wont change my decision. its up to herbie who i vote for.

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk -
I'm glad I now have the possibility of picking up your vote. I suggest simply not reading Herbie's response and voting me, ty.

herbie -
I didn't see it because I wasn't looking. I felt like I was in an excellent position to win an all-alliance final 7 and wasn't at all interested in betraying anyone at that point. If I had seen what you were implying I still wouldn't have done it FWIW.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:59 AM

kokiri -
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have anything to say, but as my question, I would like to know your advice for the following relationship problem:

Dear Dr. Tracy,
i am falling in love with a women who is 17 years older then me lives 3 hours away and is my step mothers cousin and two years ago i slept with her daughter how can this work? (sorry about my grammer)

[/ QUOTE ]

herbie -
All you need is love

dmk -
How can this work? How can this not work? 3-way w/ mother/daughter ftw
Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Roundtower:
[ QUOTE ]

wow, I didn't expect this to happen and I'm not sure if it's the right or wrong play by dmk.

my questions:
1. which do you think should be rewarded in a game like this, loyalty or ruthlessness?

2. if you played this game again, what would you do different?

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk -
Sorry, I couldn't win an endgame with you (as you can see from the numerous responses saying they'd have auto-voted you over me)

1. I would vote for whoever helped me the most. If that was relatively equal, I'd go w/ whoever played "best". i.e. If I were you, I'd probably vote Herbie. And I can totally understand why.

2. I wasn't active enough the first couple days and quickly became the 3rd wheel of the zurv/mets combo. I think that may have worked out if we were all in a final 3 (I might be able to convince them both to vote me for mayor there), but that leaves me in a crappy spot in the final 2 where I seem to have kind of slithered along without being noticed. I do believe I was in the thick of things, I just wasn't as vocal about it as my counterparts. So I'd probably just have a larger voice if we played again.

herbie -
1. I think this game is about blending the two. By being trustworthy you can convince people to put you in a position of power. By being ruthless you can take advantage of the power that you have. Knowing the time and place for both is the key IMO.
2. I’m actually pretty comfortable with the way I played. One thing - I would probably wait until a little later in the game to move against Mets and Zurvan – round of 7 was too early in retrospect.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Mets:
[ QUOTE ]
DMK kept his word until the very end .. and then turned on roundtower cause he thought it gave him a better chance of winning. Interesting.

DMK - so you played the honesty card the entire game, and i respected it greatly, should i hold it against you that when push came to shove you broke your word and deceitfully voted out roundtower when he voted for you to be mayor? Why or why not?

Herbie. You may have felt it was necesary but you openly tried to stab me in the back when we were down to 7. As you can see from how i killed zurvan, when you cross mets, i stop you from winning the game at all costs.

Why should i vote for you when you blatantly stabbed me in the back knowing that i would have this vote to help decide your fate

good luck to both of you bitches, this will be the second best victory in a political game ever in pog history

(My +/- victory was more impressive. ADMIT THAT FOR EXTRA CREDIT)

[/ QUOTE ]

Herbie -

Whether you like it or not I didn't stab you in the back. I allied with you to get down to 7 and we did. Once we got there I had no further commitment to you and felt it was in my best interest to work against you at that point so I did so openly and honestly. If you want to hold against me that our interests stopped being in line then that's ok - nothing I can do about that but I believe I was open and honest the entire time - once we got to 7 all bets were off. Also +/- was more impressive if for no other reason than time and total # of players - extra credit or not it's truth.

dmk -

I didn't have a choice to be honest. I obviously couldn't appeal to Zurvan in the final 4, so it came down to roundtower or herbie. I felt like it was more likely to get roundtower's vote than herbie, so I appealed to him. Then when it came down to it, there's just no way I can beat roundtower in the finals. I had to do what I had to do.

I didn't play +/-, so I can't say anything about it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Dusting:
[ QUOTE ]

I dont really have much to say. I said earlier that if it came down to Herbie vs Dmk I could go either way, but I lied.

I dont even have a question. I think you both played well to get here, but im disappointed that RT didn't get here- interesting move Dmk.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk -
Thanks

herbie -
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM

bravos:
[ QUOTE ]

1. What was Met's and Zurvan's downfall and what could/should they have done differently.
2. What was the biggest turning point in the game.
3. Who's story was the funniest?
4. Even though he ended up killing me, I pwn'd Mets.. amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

herbie -

1. I believe Zurvan made a strategic error once we got down to 5 because if they had eliminated me and he had teamed up with Mets I would have sent RoundTower home if the votes were tied. I really believe that the only shot Mets/Zurvan had was working together to the end and Zurvan decided to go a different way. Mets was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and trusted the wrong people.
2. See #1 - when Zurvan turned in the round of 5. I'm convinced that one of Mets/Zurvan is in this final two if he doesn't (and I'm not obviously)
3. Funniest? Probably yours. I really enjoyed Zurvan's contributions to the thread though - particularly his failed pickup stories
4. Totally pwned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

dmk -

1. If Zurvan stuck w/ the alliance instead of breaking it up, I think it would have easily been zurv/mets/dmk in the final 3. I think the only thing zurv should have done different was stick w/ the alliance. Mets couldn't really do anything different.

2. Final 5

3. Herbie's probably

4. Not really
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 AM

AJ:
[ QUOTE ]

gl guys for the record i was definitely voting against roundtower, now i actually have to make a decision yikes

1. do you think anybody should have switched to my side when there were 13 left (say nich's vote came in earlier)

2. do you think anybody should have switched to my side when there were 11 left

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk -

1. No, I think everyone should have voted Zurvan right away.

2. Possibly. I'm surprised any of herbie/eskimo/bravos/roundtower didn't to be honest.

herbie -
1. I think RoundTower probably should have and either Eskimo or Bravos would probably have been just as well off if they had switched. They needed to do something to change the momentum for them since I think they were set up to be in a relatively poor position once the alliance broke.

2. No - if someone was going to switch the round of 13 was the time to do it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 AM

OK so now it's in the jury's hands.

Vote by sending me a PM with the person you want to win the game.

Depending on when I get them all, I'll reveal either this evening or tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:55 PM

bump?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to bump this yesterday and discovered it was locked

hope Jared is ok, but I guess he probably unlocked it and is about to post results!?!