Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

Congrats. I hate you both for beating me at this game. I'll probably be over it after I vote.

Here's my questions:

1. Give me two reasons why the other player deserves to win the game over you.

2. Of all the players in the game, who do you think played the best, and why. No need for modesty or flattery.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Herbie:
Why did you think I was pushing for you to be mayor, on the same day I posted up a full write-up of how the player that got elected as mayor could win if one person from the alliance defected with them?

accompanied with the quotes:

"herbie - after yesterday i have complete faith in you, i vote for you here trusting 100% you will do the right thing."

"i can rely on him today, just as if we choose to make me mayor tmr, herbie knows he can rely on me then"

did you realise i was trying to get you to defect with me and just not care? realise and decided to stick with the alliance and not call me out for strategy reasons? or not even notice?

DMK: congrats on making final 2. fwiw i was insta-voting rt over either of you so you did well on that decision. you can reply to this however you want, or just ignore it, it wont change my decision. its up to herbie who i vote for.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:34 PM

I don't have anything to say, but as my question, I would like to know your advice for the following relationship problem:

Dear Dr. Tracy,
i am falling in love with a women who is 17 years older then me lives 3 hours away and is my step mothers cousin and two years ago i slept with her daughter how can this work? (sorry about my grammer)
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

wow, I didn't expect this to happen and I'm not sure if it's the right or wrong play by dmk.

my questions:
1. which do you think should be rewarded in a game like this, loyalty or ruthlessness?

2. if you played this game again, what would you do different?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 PM

DMK kept his word until the very end .. and then turned on roundtower cause he thought it gave him a better chance of winning. Interesting.

DMK - so you played the honesty card the entire game, and i respected it greatly, should i hold it against you that when push came to shove you broke your word and deceitfully voted out roundtower when he voted for you to be mayor? Why or why not?

Herbie. You may have felt it was necesary but you openly tried to stab me in the back when we were down to 7. As you can see from how i killed zurvan, when you cross mets, i stop you from winning the game at all costs.

Why should i vote for you when you blatantly stabbed me in the back knowing that i would have this vote to help decide your fate

good luck to both of you bitches, this will be the second best victory in a political game ever in pog history

(My +/- victory was more impressive. ADMIT THAT FOR EXTRA CREDIT)
Old 09-24-2007, 06:09 PM

I dont really have much to say. I said earlier that if it came down to Herbie vs Dmk I could go either way, but I lied.

I dont even have a question. I think you both played well to get here, but im disappointed that RT didn't get here- interesting move Dmk.

gl
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM

1. What was Met's and Zurvan's downfall and what could/should they have done differently.
2. What was the biggest turning point in the game.
3. Who's story was the funniest?
4. Even though he ended up killing me, I pwn'd Mets.. amirite?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 PM

gl guys for the record i was definitely voting against roundtower, now i actually have to make a decision yikes

1. do you think anybody should have switched to my side when there were 13 left (say nich's vote came in earlier)

2. do you think anybody should have switched to my side when there were 11 left
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM

I vote for dmk, etc.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 AM

I’ll just give their answers one at a time in the order of the questions.

Zurvan:
1. Give me two reasons why the other player deserves to win the game over you.
2. Of all the players in the game, who do you think played the best, and why. No need for modesty or flattery.

Herbie:
1. For two reasons I would say the first is eliminating RoundTower last night. It took guts to do that when the presumption was that either of us would beat RoundTower easily in the finals. I don’t know what I would have done if I had been elected mayor last night but it took balls to do what he did. The second is that he hasn’t resorted to cheap gimmicky tricks to stay alive. He simply allied himself with the right people at the right times and kept himself alive. I don’t think any plan I had worked out – I’m pretty sure the game went mostly the way DMK wanted it to go at every juncture - that's pretty awesome.

2. I would have to say you and Eskimo – for very different reasons. You were the driving force in the early part of the game and managed to survive until very late despite that fact. Believe it or not I believe you had a realistic chance of winning going into the final 5. The way you and Mets defeated my attempted coup with 7 left was brilliant. Eskimo was going for a strategy much like mine I believe – stay in the middle then make a bold move at some point to get to the finals and earn some credibility once there.

Dmk:
1. Herbie somehow managed to make endgame in a seemingly unwinnable position at the final 7. Also, he posted good stories.

2. Me/Herbie tied. Why...because we're in the final 2? We both managed to make the finals in difficult spots. Herbie at the final 7 and me at the final 5. At those points, it looked like we were both done. Of course, we probably both just got lucky.