Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

I'LL EVEN FIGHT THE [censored] GRAPE JUICE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 AM

AJKD;FJAL;KEDJFA;LKSDJFA;LSFJDLK
Old 09-23-2007, 03:44 AM

wow i'm so glad i don't have to vote for you

gg dmk
Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Herbie if you can be enough of a dick to enough people in this thread, that they definitely won't vote for you in the final, I will have to switch.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Not a lot to talk about indeed.

Roundtower - dmk
dmk - dmk
herbie - roundtower

DMK has been elected mayor.

As this is the last elimination, I will make the post here and then give instructions for how the final 2 will work.

DMK - PM me with the elimination.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:33 PM

dmk has chosen to eliminate Roundtower.

<font color="red">alex jacob - eliminated day 4 (11th)
bravos - eliminated day 9 (6th)
bulletproof monk - eliminated day 8 (7th)</font>
dmk
<font color="red">dusting - eliminated day 5 (10th)</font>
herbie
<font color="red">kokiri - eliminated day 6 (9th)</font>
luckayluck - eliminated day 1 (14th)
<font color="red">metsandfinsfan - eliminated day 10 (5th)</font>
nicholasp - eliminated day 3 (12th)
<font color="red">roundtower - eliminated day 12 (3rd)</font>
spook - eliminated day 2 (13th)
<font color="red">valenzuela - eliminated day 7 (8th)
zurvan - eliminated day 11 (4th)</font>

The final 2 are dmk and herbie.

Here is how the final 2 will work. Each will PM me a writing giving an argument for why they should be the POG Championship Mayor. I will post these tomorrow. Shortly thereafter, dmk and herbie will send me another post which will allow them to respond to what the other wrote the first time around. After that, the 9 people on the jury (in red above) will vote by sending me a PM with who they think should win. I will post the votes in dramatic survivor fashion one at a time.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:38 PM

we dont get to ask each contestant a question like survivor?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we dont get to ask each contestant a question like survivor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I thought about doing that but figured it would take a while and most losers wouldn't want to do that.

What the hell.

After the explanations, each of the 9 jury voters should post a question. If you have no questions, there is no need to post one, but just asking a funny question is the way to go. Again, the two finalists should send me a PM with their answers to each question.

After I post those, then all the voting will take place.

BTW in case it isn't clear I'm making them PM me so that they can't read the other guy's response before answering themselves.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Here are the messages:

You should elect me. I like puppies and peanut butter. Not necessarily at the same time.....although its not considered cheating, because its your dog...

Anyway, I suck at self-promotion, so I don't think I'm going to sit here and try to convince you that I'm the best pick. I obviously pwn, you just have to realize that and vote for me.

Look, Herbie is a great competitor, but this isn't a "Sexiest Woman" costume contest...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow Poggers,
This game has been incredibly interesting and to be honest I can't believe I'm still alive today. As I said yesterday none of my plans have worked out the way I wanted them to and yet I'm still here. I probably said some things and posted some things that were crazy and ridiculous (I really wouldn't go to church drunk btw) but I believe that there are two main reasons why I should be elected POG mayor

1. I believe that I have played a very good strategic game. By positioning myself in the middle early and drawing tons of attention (both positive and negative) late I think I gave myself the best chance of anyone to win. In addition if you look back you will notice that I never once went back on anything that I said or promised. I was loyal to the alliance until the alliance was no more and then worked with the people who were willing to work with me. I managed to get here without once stabbing anyone in the back.

2. I think I did as much as anyone to bring humor and excitement to the thread. Games like this have a tendency to become boring and mechanical and I tried to lighten the mood by posting trip reports, embarassing pictures, and drunken rants and encouraging others to do the same. I do think that fact helped me get as far as I got but I also think it should count for something here in the finals. While I believe that #1 applies to DMK almost as well I believe this is where the true difference shows. If you found the antics, trip reports, and pictures annoying and thought they detracted from the game you should probably vote for him. If you believe they were a big part of what made this game fun then I am your guy.

Anyways in closing I have nothing but respect for the way DMK has played this game and if you elect him mayor I will understand. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] DMK, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] POG, and Vote Herbie to be your POG mayor.

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------

Each candidate should now send me another post like the above, giving them a chance to respond to their competitor's claims or make more of their own. After that we'll get to the questions.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:02 PM

Rebuttals:

DMK is a funny guy, I really have nothing to add except that he runs much better at life than I do so winning this game would obviously mean more to me than it would to him. I look forward to answering any questions that you guys may have.

---------------------------------------------------

Being mayor isn't about being fun. Its about stealing the public's money and skimming off the top. Trust me, I'm your guy.

Did anyone see the family guy star wars episode? Good stuff. They need to do that for the other 5 movies as well - would be most excellent.

In closing, I have but 1 parting word that should sway your votes to me:

boobies.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------

OK now that they have given statements and responses, it goes to the jury. Each person on the jury can make a short statement (a few sentences or less) as well as ask 2 questions. Herbie and dmk will then PM me with their responses to the questions and we will get to the voting round.

Here are the rules.

1. Keep the statements short.
2. Do not respond to other people's questions or comments.
3. Jurors who have made their post with your brief statement and questions can no longer post in the thread until the game is over.
4. Herbie and dmk may not post in the thread until the game is over.
5. Jurors have until 8 PM tonight to make their post with the questions and short statement.

Tomorrow I will post their answers. Voting will then be done via PM. Votes should be cast by early tomorrow evening. Depending on when the votes get in I will reveal the winner tomorrow evening or the day after.