Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are you really hoping for
Rooney gets fit ASAP 18 47.37%
Rooney remains crocked 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (GAME THREAD)

I'm very down with a voj vote.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine any scenario where Nich is lying and Sam doesn't come out. That doesn't mean you have to pay attention to him, but consider he's almost certainly village here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can. If he's not the real Frodo, either Sam comes out (and the wolves come within one step of wiping out all the power the villager has) or he doesn't come out and Nicolas can misdirect the village as a 'confirmed' villager.

Nicolas has just been playing oddly the entire game. I don't get why he came out with a single peek just to open himself to getting role-blocked like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
He just missed that evils had a roleblocker. Also, if Nich isn't Frodo, the real Sam should have counter-claimed a long time ago, even if it means wolves can kill Frodo and pretty much win. One confirmed evil + outed peeks is definitely worth Sam. Nich pretty much has to be good here, even though his play sucked this game.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:22 PM

If Nich isn't the real Frodo, then when the real Sam comes out, and Aragorn protects Sam with 100% effectiveness.

If Aaron isn't the real Aragorn, then the wolves can do nothing about it except hope to be lucky.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine any scenario where Nich is lying and Sam doesn't come out. That doesn't mean you have to pay attention to him, but consider he's almost certainly village here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can. If he's not the real Frodo, either Sam comes out (and the wolves come within one step of wiping out all the power the villager has) or he doesn't come out and Nicolas can misdirect the village as a 'confirmed' villager.

Nicolas has just been playing oddly the entire game. I don't get why he came out with a single peek just to open himself to getting role-blocked like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam coming out trades Sam for Nich, gives us the up to date peek info, and guaruntees the real frodo gets a peek tonight at least, and we lynch a wolf today for sure. And THAT assumes that you beleive aaron is the angel - if the evils don't know who the angel is, they can't kill Sam at all. And if Nich is the role-blocker, then they can't kill Sam until they spend a day killing the angel, either.
Sam comes out if Nich is lying. No Sam, so I believe Nich.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:26 PM

ARGH I keep getting sucked into talking about this. Probably because I don't have a good idea on who the wolves are.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Well, right now it's not as bad to get sucked in, given that Voj now has 7 of 16 votes by my count, and there's nobody else above two. We have some focus at least.

[ 1 ] aaronk voted for nez
[ 0 ] dmk voted for voj
[ 1 ] econophile voted for aaronk
[ 0 ] Iron_Yuppie voted for voj
[ 2 ] GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] kumubou voted for GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] lastchance voted for voj
[ 0 ] luckay voted for voj
[ 0 ] Neil Stevens voted for voj
[ 2 ] nez voted for econophile
[ 0 ] nichp voted for voj
[ 0 ] soah voted for GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] stephen voted for voj
[ 7 ] voj
[ 0 ] VR
[ 0 ] zurvan voted for nez
Old 02-13-2007, 08:58 PM

Ok. Fine. I arrive and see 7 votes against me..
Fine WTF ???
I can argue several ways.

First Nich, would you please stop hammering on d1 bandwagons and assume I am a villager ? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CONCLUSIONS ?
WHAT F***** INFORMATION WOULD YOU HAVE IF I YOU WERE TO BELIEVE I AM A D*** VILLAGER ?
The situiation is more urgent than what you may think. We are actually 5/11 ; but counting the corruptable one (Boromir) if you kill me and I happen not to be Boromir you may find yourself in a 6/10 situation WITH NO INFORMATION.

Second and most important, what WERE TRAZ PEEKS ?
Could someone please develop ? Not the bram obviously and since everyone seems to agree he was pushing the bram harder than aaronk then not aaron either.
SO... HE HAVE PEEKED THREE VILLAGERS. AND I SEEM TO REMEMBER HE WAS DEFENDING ME PRETTY CONFIDENTELY.
Nich, you argument is that I'm a bad night 0 peek ? Well I'm usually a popular day 1 wagon and usually not a popular night kill ; so yeah that does make sense to me and isn't a 0% chance.

NOW... PLEASE OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND TRY TO THE FIND THE OTHER TWO GANDALF PEEKS.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Ah, yeah Jeremy for the moment.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM

[ 1 ] aaronk voted for nez
[ 0 ] dmk voted for voj
[ 1 ] econophile voted for aaronk
[ 0 ] Iron_Yuppie voted for voj
[ 3 ] GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] kumubou voted for GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] lastchance voted for voj
[ 0 ] luckay voted for voj
[ 0 ] Neil Stevens voted for voj
[ 2 ] nez voted for econophile
[ 0 ] nichp voted for voj
[ 0 ] soah voted for GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] stephen voted for voj
[ 7 ] voj voted for GT1T/Jeremy
[ 0 ] VR
[ 0 ] zurvan voted for nez
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM

First, I'm not convinced traz HAD 3 peeks.
Second, because it's traz, I think he was gambling that he would stay alive - first, there's a doctor, so he's likely not to be targetted at night. Then, the night he died, there's an outted doctor and another outted seer, and he's been listed as a villager.
I don't know about you, but I'd gamble on being alive one more day before dropping any clues that I'm a seer. And I think traz does too. It's very sad for us that it didn't work out, but it didn't.

Now, if you think he left clues, find them and tell them to us. Don't get mad that we can't find them for you.

If you're village, leave us something that we can read and is worth something even after you are gone. Telling us why you're village isn't enough - leave us your thoughts on the rest of the game! Help us win. If you're village, we will know for sure after you're gone. But I don't think you're going to find anything from traz.