Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
Nez,

You've played in MANY games with Nich. Have you ever seen him play like this?

Last night I searched games he's played as villager and wolf. In ALL his villager games, he's been a participating very wolf-hunting villager. In this game he is zip on both.
And yet he has had time to play Turbo's over the last few days.... He IS around.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a bad point Mark. But I have seen him play more UTR as villager.

As a wolf in ASX with me, he was making novel-type posts, recapping daily votes, pushing for fellow wolves (me), and in general was active/working hard for the win.

So while your argument about having him around has merit, I don't think that the fact that he's playing turbos and not posting in here as much is a wolf argument. Nich's played enough differet styles/games/attitude that he could be either IMO.

And Herbie's claim still befuddles me.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Rich was at the high end of my middle-of-the-pack wolves.

I didn't like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Too early in the day for me to determine a vote yet, but leaning to GT1T, but Nich might be a good vote today too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishy-washy, picking up on other people's suspects rather than picking out his own, no reasons.

And I hated this:

[ QUOTE ]
4. I'm not a wolf, just a plain old Hobbit. No special skills, nothing to offer but my opinion.

FMXDA

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanilla claim, nothing to offer but my opinion - then doesn't offer it - then votes fmxda out of the blue with nothing on it. And fmxda's name was being thrown around a LOT at that point.

There's not much there, but that's all we had to go on with rich so that's certainly more wolfy than not.

I'm not voting Zurvan today, though; he's being active enough that I want to evaluate him on his on merits for a bit.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you come in today, and push clowntable with no "evidence".

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I'm pretty sure you're not even reading my posts now. I talked about clown earlier, and his vote on Chuck. Add that to his day 1 actions, wolf.

[ QUOTE ]
You then downplay dismiss any logical move that the village should make.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU WANT TO TAKE A 50% SHOT AT LYNCHING THE DOCTOR

That's not logical. The wolves will kill the real doctor, and we'll get the wolf after that

It's very simple, and very very very basic werewolf.

Only the wolves know the real doctor, and I doubt they're going to tell us so we lynch the right one.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nez,

You've played in MANY games with Nich. Have you ever seen him play like this?

Last night I searched games he's played as villager and wolf. In ALL his villager games, he's been a participating very wolf-hunting villager. In this game he is zip on both.
And yet he has had time to play Turbo's over the last few days.... He IS around.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a bad point Mark. But I have seen him play more UTR as villager.

As a wolf in ASX with me, he was making novel-type posts, recapping daily votes, pushing for fellow wolves (me), and in general was active/working hard for the win.

So while your argument about having him around has merit, I don't think that the fact that he's playing turbos and not posting in here as much is a wolf argument. Nich's played enough differet styles/games/attitude that he could be either IMO.

And Herbie's claim still befuddles me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Herbie's reveal doesn't surprise me today. Last night I was thinking that today would probably be a good day to reveal.

On Nich, Yes he changes up his wolf game. With very mixed results. But he has never really changed the wolf-hunting aspect of his villager game in ANY WW game I saw. And I was doing some serious searching.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:39 PM

I obviously can't defend Rich's actions. He was useless, and not interested.

I'm going to be bloody irate if I get lynched twice in the same game for no good reason. I posted more in the first hour today than Rich did all game. There's plenty for you to evaluate my role based on my posts. If you're going to lynch me, do it based on what I've said.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Zurvan,

you go from [ QUOTE ]
The first line is fine, if you can show what he did that was wolfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

to [ QUOTE ]
There's plenty for you to evaluate my role based on my posts. If you're going to lynch me, do it based on what I've said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think the village should consider how mad you will or will not get if u die in whether or not to lynch you?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, And as Zurvan the smart-wolf, he is doing what he has to do to protect the best interests of the wolves.

Try to push the village off a Nich lynch and sow doubt.

Village, remember there are 12 villagers left, 4 hidden wolves, Books, and Gollum.

Eowyn can still nail the witchking...

We have a %25 chance of Nich being Sauron. This will give us Books. The wolves would be down to 3...

We have a %25 chance Nich is the WitchKing. This would help Frodo/Aragorn/Village in a HUGE way.

%25 chance he's the godfather... A great wolf to kill anytime.

For the record, I'm guessing Zurvan is the Rider. Since that wolf is the most "disposable"

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark,

You assuming that Nich is a wolf and Zurvan is a wolf is baffling the hell out of me.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BEING UTR IS NOT, IN ITSELF, WOLFY

[/ QUOTE ]
How about nightposting before the game starts?

What about pushing Herbie day one who has now made a believable Aragorn claim?

What about slyly saying he could vote for nich, the less believable Aragorn claim, without actually voting him?

What about roleclaiming "hobbit" without any real pressure?

What about randomly voting me as a unrelated addon to a terrible post?

The above is essentially a summary of all the posts he has made in this thread, all 5 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT IS BELIEVEABLE ABOUT HERBIE GETTING BLOCKED LAST NIGHT????????

I don't get it at all.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Ok, I had a quick read before I reallr, really had to be AFK. I am going to unvote and hope I can catch a signal or dial up later tonight before night falls. My vote would like to be chuckles/nich/herbie in that order.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously can't defend Rich's actions. He was useless, and not interested.

I'm going to be bloody irate if I get lynched twice in the same game for no good reason. I posted more in the first hour today than Rich did all game. There's plenty for you to evaluate my role based on my posts. If you're going to lynch me, do it based on what I've said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? RichC's post is also part of your record. However, before you get lynched, we have some other business to take care of...

Village vote NICH!!!!