Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on your new baby, I hope all is well with baby and mother. If 60/40 sounds good to people, (60 for stakers) then that is what we will go with. I would highly recommend though that you be more concerned with what flavor of ice cream you'll be eating on Sunday while watching, then on the percentage of your cut. The cut is an obligatory but irrelevant conversation. I hope everyone gets the maximum on their entertainment dollar. Good job Strega on organizing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 should not sound good to people. For a one-time backing deal I wouldn't give Fossilman more than 30% for complete backing.

Obviously I will back him for fun, but there's no reason at all for the deal to be anything other than standardish.

A 20-25% freeroll for Wickss is reasonable.

Irieguy
Old 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM

As an additional part of any stake, the full HH should be made available to the stakers following the run as soon as possible following wickss' knockout/win. I'm sure mj could facilitate this with some coordination with Strega, as he'd undoubtedly be railing him IRL.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on your new baby, I hope all is well with baby and mother. If 60/40 sounds good to people, (60 for stakers) then that is what we will go with. I would highly recommend though that you be more concerned with what flavor of ice cream you'll be eating on Sunday while watching, then on the percentage of your cut. The cut is an obligatory but irrelevant conversation. I hope everyone gets the maximum on their entertainment dollar. Good job Strega on organizing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 should not sound good to people. For a one-time backing deal I wouldn't give Fossilman more than 30% for complete backing.

Obviously I will back him for fun, but there's no reason at all for the deal to be anything other than standardish.

A 20-25% freeroll for Wickss is reasonable.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]Holy smokes Irieguy is here. Have you been following this all along? If you have, I'm curious as to your thoughts. Welcome to the thread, thanks for participating, let's see what happens with the thoughts on your post.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:37 PM

OK Don King .....lets make a deal.....

We will get 2+2 members to stake wicks for $215 entry into the PS Sunday Million. Shares will be $10 a pop + one $5 share. Wicks will get 30% of whatever he wins and the remaining monies will be split proportionally among the backers. Wicks will not be playing any other games while the Sunday millions is running. Payouts will be made from wicks PS account on Sunday or Monday following.

Does wicks agree?

That being said - I am in for $10. I mean, who wouldnt trust Don King with their monies.

[Edit - if wicks final tables Papa Johns money can be removed from the payout]
Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK Don King .....lets make a deal.....

We will get 2+2 members to stake wicks for $215 entry into the PS Sunday Million. Shares will be $10 a pop + one $5 share. Wicks will get 30% of whatever he wins and the remaining monies will be split proportionally among the backers. Wicks will not be playing any other games while the Sunday millions is running. Payouts will be made from wicks PS account on Sunday or Monday following.

Does wicks agree?

That being said - I am in for $10. I mean, who wouldnt trust Don King with their monies.

[/ QUOTE ]All in favor say aye. Don King says aye. Wickss is asleep. He just said aye in his sleep.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM

The date of the million chosen is of importance.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Btw: Don King of SNG's location = teh awesome.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy smokes Irieguy is here. Have you been following this all along? If you have, I'm curious as to your thoughts. Welcome to the thread, thanks for participating, let's see what happens with the thoughts on your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i've followed the thread. I actually read Wickss' OP when there was like 2 replies and almost posted about how lame the whole plan is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Now of course I'm glad I didn't end up like Noodleman.

You guys seem super nice and this thread is fascinating from a human interest/pop culture/ mass psychology standpoint so I will continue to follow it. I'm sure you will be able to convince the forum to sponsor Wickss in the next STTF-HUC/USP.

I want our Hero to prevail and will root accordingly.

MJ, i'm sure you realize that you are underestimating Wickss' equity in the Sunday Million. Anyone who can beat micro-limit poker has more than $215 of equity in the tournament. Also, his chances of cashing are not at the small-miracle level you suggest... they're probably a little better than average. So it is actually kind of important that we have a clear deal that is fair for all if we are going to go through the trouble of staking him. Jamie Gold won the main event, after all... and I'm sure at least one dude wishes that their agreement was a little more clear.

Irieguy
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy smokes Irieguy is here. Have you been following this all along? If you have, I'm curious as to your thoughts. Welcome to the thread, thanks for participating, let's see what happens with the thoughts on your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i've followed the thread. I actually read Wickss' OP when there was like 2 replies and almost posted about how lame the whole plan is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Now of course I'm glad I didn't end up like Noodleman.

You guys seem super nice and this thread is fascinating from a human interest/pop culture/ mass psychology standpoint so I will continue to follow it. I'm sure you will be able to convince the forum to sponsor Wickss in the next STTF-HUC/USP.

I want our Hero to prevail and will root accordingly.

MJ, i'm sure you realize that you are underestimating Wickss' equity in the Sunday Million. Anyone who can beat micro-limit poker has more than $215 of equity in the tournament. Also, his chances of cashing are not at the small-miracle level you suggest... they're probably a little better than average. So it is actually kind of important that we have a clear deal that is fair for all if we are going to go through the trouble of staking him. Jamie Gold won the main event, after all... and I'm sure at least one dude wishes that their agreement was a little more clear.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I'm glad you didn't post way back when and saved yourself to make such a grand entry as you have. Should have known you would wait until backing became a part of the equation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hope you stay fascinated by the thread.

In regard to your last paragraph, yeah I was being somewhat facetious. Just wanted everyone to know this is primarily for entertainment value, and that if something positive monetarily happens, it is just a bonus. But it is good to be clear on the terms, hopefully we will arrive at that before the tournament starts.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't we play HU once? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread