Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long would it take for OOT to cause your demise?
Less than 24 hours 1 1.23%
>1 day, < 1 month 4 4.94%
>1 month, < 1 year 7 8.64%
Never, my life is not interesting enough for anyone to care that much 69 85.19%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right-hander Kyle Lohse will pitch out of the bullpen in the first two games. If he isn't used in either one, Lohse (9-12) would likely start Game 3 and veteran lefty Jamie Moyer (14-12) would start Game 4, if it's necessary.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't like this. Leave Lohse as a starter. The part that bothers me is that I can see Manuel just blowing him in the seventh when he doesn't need to.

" Geoff Geary has an elbow injury, but he might return for the NLCS if the Phillies get that far." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see Yahoo was wrong and Kendrick is starting Game 2.

We need a long reliever with Geary out not named Condrey. I think it has to be Moyer over Lohse but hopefully he starts Game 3 as expected.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eaton had a 7 inning shutout this year too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the last 3 months, he didn't.

Moyer had one [no ER] on Sunday. He's given up 2ER, 1er, and 0 ER in 3 of his last 4 starts, and one bad game where the Ump's strike zone was this big: [ ].

So it's ludicrous to compare him to Eaton at this point. Your assertion that Moyer is 'worn out with ... a 'skyrocketing' ERA' the past 2-3 weeks is provably false.

Rox' Francis gave up 15 ER his last 4 starts [2 away], and he's their Game 1 starter. Doug Davis gave up 14 ER in his last 4 starts/19 ip and he's the D-backs Game 2 starter. Are those two also worn out with a skyrocketing ERA and no velocity? I just want to make sure we're comparing apples-to-apples here.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM

Jamie Moyer is still pitching? And winning 14 games? Isn't he older than Julio Franco? LOL, see my utter lack of knowledge about little details like this is why I STFU and stay out of most baseball threads until I can't help myself.

Go Phillies though! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Moyer is still pitching? And winning 14 games? Isn't he older than Julio Franco? LOL, see my utter lack of knowledge about little details like this is why I STFU and stay out of most baseball threads until I can't help myself.

Go Phillies though! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, he's 206 years old, can't throw over 45 mph, and you could probably take him deep. But he can still pitch a hell of a game and isn't rattled by playoff pressure, as he's won his last actual 3 playoff games, plus the Phils 'playoff' game on Sunday.

His opponent game 4 would be Josh Fogg, presumably.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 PM

i can feel the anti-rockies hate all the way from the yankee thread...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right-hander Kyle Lohse will pitch out of the bullpen in the first two games. If he isn't used in either one, Lohse (9-12) would likely start Game 3 and veteran lefty Jamie Moyer (14-12) would start Game 4, if it's necessary.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't like this. Leave Lohse as a starter. The part that bothers me is that I can see Manuel just blowing him in the seventh when he doesn't need to.

" Geoff Geary has an elbow injury, but he might return for the NLCS if the Phillies get that far." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see Yahoo was wrong and Kendrick is starting Game 2.

We need a long reliever with Geary out not named Condrey. I think it has to be Moyer over Lohse but hopefully he starts Game 3 as expected.

[/ QUOTE ]As long as he is used this way I'm fine. I'm just worried in a 4-1 game in the seventh in game two out comes Loshe and then they're putting together game four with 7 pitchers and praying Cole throws a CG in game 5.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eaton had a 7 inning shutout this year too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the last 3 months, he didn't.

Moyer had one [no ER] on Sunday. He's given up 2ER, 1er, and 0 ER in 3 of his last 4 starts, and one bad game where the Ump's strike zone was this big: [ ].

So it's ludicrous to compare him to Eaton at this point. Your assertion that Moyer is 'worn out with ... a 'skyrocketing' ERA' the past 2-3 weeks is provably false.

Rox' Francis gave up 15 ER his last 4 starts [2 away], and he's their Game 1 starter. Doug Davis gave up 14 ER in his last 4 starts/19 ip and he's the D-backs Game 2 starter. Are those two also worn out with a skyrocketing ERA and no velocity? I just want to make sure we're comparing apples-to-apples here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't comparing him to Eaton. I was just saying that you using one start as evidence of his capabilities was silly. And the "skyrocketing" ERA doesn't refer to the last couple weeks, but the whole second half of the season.

Since July: 17 Starts, 97.1 IP, 64 ER, 5.91 ERA

I just think that Hamels (3 days) + Kendrick (full) &gt; Moyer (full) + Hamels (full). But I don't think it's a huge huge difference, so let's just turn our focus on telepathically forcing Holliday to fall down a flight of steps before the game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can feel the anti-rockies hate all the way from the yankee thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

No hate from this guy. Their run down the stretch is something to admire and there are gritty guys to like on the team.

I would rather the Phils play the Padres, worn out from their week on the road and ailing offensively, than this Rockies team playing with supreme confidence.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, he's 206 years old, can't throw over 45 mph, and you could probably take him deep. But he can still pitch a hell of a game and isn't rattled by playoff pressure, as he's won his last actual 3 playoff games, plus the Phils 'playoff' game on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

HE'S [censored] CRAFTY, DAMN IT. AND A VETERAN. HE'S A CRAFTY [censored] VETERAN. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

srsly though can we all agree that Eaton and/or Alfonseca should never take the mound at any point during the postseason?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Yes, and plz to be including Mesa in there as well.