Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DALLAS -- Stephen Jackson's reputation might have been a factor in his two ejections this postseason. It won't get him suspended from Game 6 of the Golden State Warriors' first-round series against the Dallas Mavericks.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Wednesday that the league will take no action against Jackson for what happened in the closing moments of Game 5, when he was tossed with 8.9 seconds left in a 118-112 loss, or for his mounting ejections.

The league is, however, looking into an apparent incident involving Golden State's Jason Richardson and a fan late in the fourth quarter.

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

"I didn't say nothing to nobody," Richardson said, according to The Associated Press.

"If I wanted to blow up, I could've blew up then. Why blow up when there's 8 seconds left when the game is over? It doesn't make no sense. Do I have 'moron' written on my forehead when I walk out on the court or something? I don't. ... I'm smarter than a lot of people think."

--Stephen Jackson

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok the bolded part really is the best part of the article. So JRich if you aren't a moron then why did you say this:

[ QUOTE ]
"I didn't say nothing to nobody,"

[/ QUOTE ] or maybe this [ QUOTE ]
It doesn't make no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

No JRich you aren't a lot smarter than people think, you are just as good of a basketball player as we all think and that is damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is dumber, j-rich, or you for thinking stephen jacksons quote was j-rich's?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As tdarko has said more than once, it's like didn't even read the thread. I never addressed Golden State's past record as it pertains to FTA.

[/ QUOTE ]

you specifically blamed our teams of the past having poor defense and said that was a reason for the fouls.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm not trying to drag this out, but I assure you that I did not say that. Someone else may have said that. Nor am I trying to send you on a wild goose chase to find the post where I said that. Because I didn't. And it's been a long time since I've posted blackout drunk on 2+2 so there aren't any "surprise" posts of mine in this thread anywhere.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RJ how on earth did you ever get into poker or any other venture that requires rational cool headed thinking????

[/ QUOTE ]

No-limit poker rewards bold, aggressive play!

POKERSTARS GAME #7469740355: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($5/$10) - 2006/12/16 - 15:19:51 (ET)
Table 'Peneleos' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 4: Dalmations ($597 in chips)
Seat 5: Lukieplaya ($4614 in chips)
Seat 6: gambler2k4 ($995 in chips)
Lukieplaya: posts small blind $5
gambler2k4: posts big blind $10
__2cb__: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lukieplaya [4d As]
Dalmations: folds
Lukieplaya: raises $30 to $40
gambler2k4: raises $100 to $140
Longhorne joins the table at seat #2
Lukieplaya: raises $4474 to $4614 and is all-in
gambler2k4: calls $855 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8h 2d 3h]
*** TURN *** [8h 2d 3h] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [8h 2d 3h 6d] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lukieplaya: shows [4d As] (a pair of Deuces)
gambler2k4: mucks hand
Lukieplaya collected $1989 from pot
Old 05-02-2007, 06:35 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
It's sort of like waking up next to a fat chick - by the time you realize your mistake, it's too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its not too late. as i said yesterday. If the ref werent a complete coward who couldnt admit he was wrong ever under any circumstances(an nba ref) he could have admitted his mistake, called it an inadvertent whistle and given dallas the ball out of bounds. instead, he looked at baron as if he was crazy for arguing the foul. either he doesnt know how to do his job or hes just being stubborn to cover up his own inadequacy.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who is dumber, j-rich, or you for thinking stephen jacksons quote was j-rich's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha Bi-Tor, this is right on the heels of you writing

[ QUOTE ]
you guys aren't fans of the game, you're all fans of bitching, complaining, pointing fingers and trying to make people feel/look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard.

RJ, the only reason he didn't make a GS troll post is that he is gonna troll the largest number of posters possible, including you.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's sort of like waking up next to a fat chick - by the time you realize your mistake, it's too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its not too late. as i said yesterday. If the ref werent a complete coward who couldnt admit he was wrong ever under any circumstances(an nba ref) he could have admitted his mistake, called it an inadvertent whistle and given dallas the ball out of bounds. instead, he looked at baron as if he was crazy for arguing the foul. either he doesnt know how to do his job or hes just being stubborn to cover up his own inadequacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you imagine how much in-game bitching and moaning the players will do if the refs start reversing their own calls? They already bitch and moan so much that the league had to institute the "Rasheed Rule."

Refs have to be infallible while they're in the game, like the pope.

Until the league incorporates instant replay, anyway.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM

By-Tor,

Why you hatin' after I gave you love? The answer is me if that means I get serious hops, a cool bullet hat (Baron D I know but still sweet) and a sweet ride. That is what I get for finding the last part too funny to read who wrote it, I just figured it was going to be some writer I didn't care about and I really just skipped over it.

It kind of adds to my post though, they talk eerily similar eh? Like Nellie has poor grammar classes once a week or something. Its working on the court to say the least.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

clever, its not reversing. he shouldnt have made the call at all and just admitted he accidentally blew his whistle too early. this is like the exact situation that rule is in place for but the refs will never ever use it because theyre scared to death to admit that they ever make mistakes.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:41 PM

SC,

Sick hand. I bet you have that one handy so you can post it in situations like this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Plus, I automatically think you're an awesome poster and hot too cuz of your Melissa avatar. Then I remember you're a guy. Whoops.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:42 PM

tuq,

I just picture SC has a woman that pretends to be a man on the internet.