Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
How come no one is commenting on this program? Has anyone mentioned it to Party so they can defend against it? I thought ZJ said it was a program bug (clicking really fast on the program Icon) that enabled him to open multiple accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

While the clicking-fast method used to work okay, most people that did this on Party used a registry key. If you read the whole thread, you would see that I discussed it very early on.

This post is a description of how to install the registry key. Note that it no longer works on the new Party interface. With the previous interface, it allowed you to keep opening Party and signing into new accounts on the same PC. It made multi-accounting very easy.

I first learned of multi-accounting when I read that post last summer. Also, when Exclusive multi-accounted the PokerStars $215 along with other tournaments, I realized how prevalent this practice was/is in online poker.

Like I have mentioned in other posts, there is clear evidence that other players have done this on Stars.

1. xxTHEJOKERxx AND craze9 played in the WCOOP ME, and possibly other tournaments that I haven't looked at.

2. Exclusive/El Capitano/Who is next played in a number of PokerStars tournaments together.

All of that information can be verified through the publicly available PokerStars tournament histories.

Where is the outrage and condemnation for PokerStars' policy?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on the ZeeJustin situation

[ QUOTE ]
In a way, ZJ just found a weakness in the software and used it to his advantage. That is the characteristic of a cheat but is also one of an opportunist. I think about half the players on this forum would cheat (for example sit at the same table with 2 account names) if they were sure they were going to get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. What's wrong with you people??
Old 02-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: a few things worth considering regarding ZeeJustin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just to set the record straight i changed his title. I don't think it's wrong in the least, it's meant to be funny, and it is funny. Anyone that disagrees doesn't really have a sense of humor imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's wrong. You are a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ probably doesn't think it's very funny, and I think he's been punished enough by losing something like $100k and his reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares what he thinks?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said, except for one thing.

This entire thread is cheating me out of a lot of time which I should be using to play poker.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Help me get the cheaters banned from WSOP-events

I pretty much agree with strasser here. I am happy ZJ got caught, because the practice of multi-accounting is wrong and hurts my ability to make money. I am happy ZJ got caught because multi-accounting is wrong. The extent to which ZJ doesnt get it is made abundently clear and to me that makes it more important that he was caught now, because if he wasn't Im sure he would have done other illegal cheating activities in the future.

I have been loudly opposed to multi-accounting for a while now, but even I see a large difference between what JJ did and what ZJ did. As Diablo, has pointed out (and pointed out, and pointed out) six accounts is obscene, just rediculous. I find it hard to believe that when you are entering 6 accounts it is not with the hope/expectation that two of them will wind up at the same table. I also find it highly suspiscious that none of the other names have done well while the ZeeJustin name has in the last 6 months had two very large scores.

Lastly though, Im fairly disgusted by the attitude of many posters. Im very happy that ZJ got busted, but I feel bad for him. I don't feel bad because he lost his money, I feel bad because he so clearly doesnt get it. Like Strasser said though, what do you expect from an environment where anybody with a certain skill set (really they dont have to be that good) can pull down 100k when they are 16-19 years old. Im only 22, so its rediculous for me to talk about life experience...but by going through college you continue to put yourself in situations (both social and academic) that make you define yourself as a person, ethically, morally, psychologically, randomotherly. When you make this amount of money before going through that experience (so other harsher more practical life experience) it is unsurprising that you end up with kids who's moral compass is underdeveloped.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much agree with strasser here. I am happy ZJ got caught, because the practice of multi-accounting is wrong and hurts my ability to make money. I am happy ZJ got caught because multi-accounting is wrong. The extent to which ZJ doesnt get it is made abundently clear and to me that makes it more important that he was caught now, because if he wasn't Im sure he would have done other illegal cheating activities in the future.

I have been loudly opposed to multi-accounting for a while now, but even I see a large difference between what JJ did and what ZJ did. As Diablo, has pointed out (and pointed out, and pointed out) six accounts is obscene, just rediculous. I find it hard to believe that when you are entering 6 accounts it is not with the hope/expectation that two of them will wind up at the same table. I also find it highly suspiscious that none of the other names have done well while the ZeeJustin name has in the last 6 months had two very large scores.

Lastly though, Im fairly disgusted by the attitude of many posters. Im very happy that ZJ got busted, but I feel bad for him. I don't feel bad because he lost his money, I feel bad because he so clearly doesnt get it. Like Strasser said though, what do you expect from an environment where anybody with a certain skill set (really they dont have to be that good) can pull down 100k when they are 16-19 years old. Im only 22, so its rediculous for me to talk about life experience...but by going through college you continue to put yourself in situations (both social and academic) that make you define yourself as a person, ethically, morally, psychologically, randomotherly. When you make this amount of money before going through that experience (so other harsher more practical life experience) it is unsurprising that you end up with kids who's moral compass is underdeveloped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known very few people who have a developed one, regardless. College makes it worse, often. Not better.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've known very few people who have a developed one, regardless. College makes it worse, often. Not better.

[/ QUOTE ]Tell me you're kidding.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your general way of thinking/attitude in these forums, but you are a little naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was naive in thinking that it was a doable idea, which it sort of turns out it isn't. On the other hand, I have some experience with dealing with scumbags, and I have learned from that that you have to put heavy pressure on them to avoid them from cheating you (if ZeeJustin had cheated me out of money, the treatment he received from Party would seem like kindergarten in comparison). That pressure is currently not in place, tougher methods are needed.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just gotta bump this again...

I just read through all 1100 or so posts... my eyes hurt... but this picture made me laugh until I cried.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can someone who knows how to use photoshop make a good version of this? I mean it's hilarious and all but wow is that a half-assed pic.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Thread Summary and Attempted Redirection

[ QUOTE ]

3. If you think ZJ was doing it for any other reason, you're mistaken.

4. If you think ZJ was honest, except for this one incident, you're also mistaken. I have no doubt that much of ZJ's money was made through collusion, at sng's as well as mtt's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think either of these things are true. I think ZJ played multiple accounts in one MTT because he wanted to be play more MTTs. If there were 6 different huge party MTTs that day, I honestly believe he would have played 6 different ones rather than enter the same one six times. I think collusion was just a side effect and was not his intention. I could be wrong. If he really was motivated by the possibility of collusion than I have read him completely wrong and he puts on a pretty good act.
Obviously what he did was stupid and unethical, by the way. I'm not defending his actions.
Closed Thread