Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread May

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I get 200nl. I decided to take a shot at it today after having a great run at 100nl and played about 1500 hands. I have to admit, despite running incredibly well, I played badly and got run over. Small sample size aside, it seems like cbets barely work there - I get played back at well over half the time. Just as a general stat, of the 61 hands where I raised preflop and made a c-bet, I won 54% of the hands. For my week at 100nl, I had 414 hands where I raised preflop and cbet, and won 71% of those hands

What are some adjustments you guys made when moving up and how do you adjust in general to these players that are insanely more aggressive than the avg. 100nl players?

[/ QUOTE ]

play tighter, dont cbet 100%, put urself in better spots
Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 PM

Wildzer, that sounds pretty spewy.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:00 PM

I've actually been taking my shot really nittish-ly and have tightened up to 17/15 with a 75% hu cbet rate (a decent portion of the remaining 25% is folding to pot size donks, etc). It's weird that I feel totally mentally outmatched at this level - I played it exclusively for about 8 months, and kind of sucked so dropped to 25nl and worked my way back up learning a ton in the process. I've felt totally confident at every level, but I feel like my confidence is still shot at 200nl.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM

losing confidence is normal, probably becuase you are kinda scared/not used to a $200 loss on a hand. Stick with it, and you'll find its not much tougher than 100nl (although more aggro so you need to adjust)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Wow I totally just did that merging your range thing on total accident.

I open A5 in CO, TAG calls from button. Flop K J 5. I pot, he calls. Turn 9. I figure I can rep a ton of strength and decide to c/r since 55 is the only set in his range and I have the other 5. He calls the c/r. River A, I have no clue what to do so I just shove. He tanks forever and says I have 555 and folds.

After word he begged me to tell him what I had so I told him he made the right fold. Oops lol

Man I play bad.

Lol then like 2 hands later he says that was the best fold of my life.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 PM

I have been taking some shots at 200NL last month and moved up permanently 3 days ago, and I can't find any big differences with 100NL. I have made no adjustments to my play; just my regular taggy nitty style. I think the aggressiveness of the players fits my style, although it's not that more aggressive in my experience. And, you only need half the winrate for the same hourly rate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think the biggest hurlde is not being scared of losing $200 per hand, as tickner pointed out. Since I played a 650BB pot there, I'm not scared of losing $200 anymore, that helped a bit.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:46 PM

this is getting [censored] ridiculous playing a moron HU and cant hit [censored].
Old 05-11-2007, 06:50 PM

jesus stupid donkey there you go take my 3 buyins you [censored]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $672.05
<font color="black">Hero (SB): $200.00</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, BB calls $8.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($32) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $184.00</font>, BB calls $134.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($400) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $400.00 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Six high) and WON (+$199.50)
Hero had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Sixes) and LOST (-$200.00)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahh lol, my bad thought you were serious! I was gonna say, iam a nit!

yeh there is definately a few regs I avoid at all cost on my left, the 3betting is crazzy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tighten up in the CO, if they are 3-betting light on the button you'll have an advantage because their range is wide and yours is narrow (and a lot narrower than they think if you tighten up just in the CO).

OTB, if they insist on 3-betting you light, call with more hands and float a shitton of flops whenever you call. Basically, make it -EV for them to C-bet you without a hand whenever you call.

Only really useful if you know how they play in 3-bet pots, though. I find this useful vs. the guys who C-bet near pot and nearly 100% of the time in 3-bet pots, even though they 3-bet light. All those $$ from the times they stole your open get flushed down the toilet with one c-bet...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 PM

I hate poker.

That is all.
Closed Thread